• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Actually, they did break that pattern with Gen 5. Gen 5 didn't get a home console game that was compatible with B/W/BW2.

I'm still betting on a January/February reveal for "Z" or whatever it is we get. With the fast-paced news of Volcanion and its movie, the marketing strategy has gotten even weirder if we thought it was already. Something tells me the next game is going to be different than what the fans are expecting. I think once that announcement is made, I'm gonna need a pair of Depends.
    As I mentioned before, we got movie news around this time for Giratina& Shaymin and Kyurem & Keldeo's movies, so it's not an odd in that regard . Only big difference is Zygarde formes and Volcanion being unveiled earlier in relation to their movie. Actually Keldeo was unveiled close to B2W2's reveal (while Kyurem's formes were revealed on the same day as the games)(jp), and Giratina origin and Shaymin (Land forme) were shown three months before an announcement of Pt, so there's no pattern for mascot forme and event legendary in relation to the reveal... Actually what one might notice is that the mascots' new formes were unveiled in the same month as the event legendary, yet it's not the case with Zygarde and Volcanion.

I'm betting on a February (likely on the anniversary of RG like B2W2 were) or May reveal considering OrAs and Platinum were unveiled in that month.

Last edited:

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Actually, they did break that pattern with Gen 5. Gen 5 didn't get a home console game that was compatible with B/W/BW2.

I'm still betting on a January/February reveal for "Z" or whatever it is we get. With the fast-paced news of Volcanion and its movie, the marketing strategy has gotten even weirder if we thought it was already. Something tells me the next game is going to be different than what the fans are expecting. I think once that announcement is made, I'm gonna need a pair of Depends.
    read what i said again
    i just though of something, namely stadium/colosseum/battle rev
    going by japanese release dates, we've always seen at least 1 of these games that let you use your gb/ds game team on a tv to battle with each new nintendo console before the last game of the gen was released.
    on the 64 we had stadium before yellow with the transfer pack
    on the gamecube we had colosseum before emerald with the gc-gba link cable
    on the wii we had battle revolution before platinum with the built in wireless of both the wii & nds
    odds are we're gonna get one of this type of game for the wii u via use of wii u & n2/3ds wireless before the last main series 6th gen game(s). its one of those patterns that have not been broken like how SSBs has gotten 1 game per each console(and 3ds, but a lot of console games seem to be being ported to it) since 64
    ok, now pass me a tin foil hat

5th gen was still in the wii era and both sequels where still regular ds games. the first main series 3ds games where x & y and started the 6th gen.
    5th gen & the 2ed gen are both different then the rest of the gens in regards to this pattern as neither of them came about when a new console came into existence.
    both the 1st & 2ed gen where around during the N64 era: Stadium
    only the 3ed gen was around during the gamecube era: Colosseum
    both the 4th & 5th where around during the wii era: Battle Rev.
    you'll also notice that each time one of these came forth, sprites in the main series had taken a big jump forward from the previous gen(not counting the shift from 1st to 2ed as pokemon was still experimental & 2ed gen was expected to be the end of the series)
    1st
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

2ed

3ed:

4th

5th

6th

Years
  • read what i said again

5th gen was still in the wii era and both sequels where still regular ds games. the first main series 3ds games where x & y and started the 6th gen.
    5th gen & the 2ed gen are both different then the rest of the gens in regards to this pattern as neither of them came about when a new console came into existence.
    both the 1st & 2ed gen where around during the N64 era: Stadium
    only the 3ed gen was around during the gamecube era: Colosseum
    both the 4th & 5th where around during the wii era: Battle Rev.
    you'll also notice that each time one of these came forth, sprites in the main series had taken a big jump forward from the previous gen(not counting the shift from 1st to 2ed as pokemon was still experimental & 2ed gen was expected to be the end of the series)
    1st

2ed

3ed:

4th

5th

6th
    I am pretty sure I've mentioned this here already; in an interview someone from Pokemon Int mentioned they had no ideas for a Console game in the vein of Stadium like games, so that's likely why they skipped Gen V and thus far Gen VI. Maybe they'll announce one alongside Z, but it seems like it'll skip another Gen, especially the current home console, as the Wii U is dying...

Reactions: Sun

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
    Years
  • Pokkén Tournament is sort of the console game for the Wii U, no? Or the closest thing we'll be getting to it anyway. Regardless, it still features Gen 5/Gen 6 Pokémon, spin-off game or not. I reckon we may not get series titles on the consoles anymore. Nintendo is currently tying the noose with this console situation. If the NX doesn't kick off well, I imagine they may just stick to handheld consoles from now on.

Years
  • Ever notice how there's a butt-load of Zygarde merchandise that's coming out in March? Some fans are theorizing that by then, the climax in the anime will be airing by then in Japan.

Isn't the expression boatload, not buttload?

Anyways I have noticed this too, but I doubt the Anime will be at it's climax by then, considering the movie might end up being it's conclusion. I do think a game announcement is possible by then.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Isn't the expression boatload, not buttload?

Anyways I have noticed this too, but I doubt the Anime will be at it's climax by then, considering the movie might end up being it's conclusion. I do think a game announcement is possible by then.

Lol, it could be both. "Butt-load" is a PG version of the expression "***-ton"

That's what I was thinking too, that a game announcement could be taking place around that timeframe.

On a related note, Oha Suto has shown the first trailer for the movie. It's not up on Serebii yet, so I guess we wait.

EDIT: Read something kind of interesting on the official website concerning the VGC next year:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/strategy/vgc-2016-championship-series-preview-part-2/

You may have to check out Zygarde in Season 19 of the Pokémon animated series, because it might be sitting out for the 2016 Pokémon World Championships.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The trailer of the movie aired in Japan. Quoting from Serebii:

"Japanese variety show Oha Suta has just aired the first trailer of the upcoming movie Pokémon the Movie XY & Z 2016. In this trailer, we see a pan through of various Pokémon, with a focus on the Kalos Legendary & Mythical Pokémon from Xerneas to Yveltal to Diancie to Hoopa to Complete Forme Zygarde before panning down to the planet to a shot of Volcanion as it goes to attack. At the end, Pikachu is seen operating some clockwork machinery. We'll bring more when it comes and will add the trailer if an official upload comes soon so keep checking back"

Years
  • I don't think you know what "sitting out" means. They're saying that Zygarde is unlikely to stand out in VGC since it will only have access to the 50% Forme.
    I do know what it means. I just thought it was because of Perfect Zygarde's strength that it'll have to sit out, rather than due to it's weaker 50% forme being lackluster.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • It could be both, I honestly don't know. What's confusing to me is that they're telling us that it will have to "sit out" but yet it's still allowed to be used... or at least I'm assuming it's allowed, because why write a couple paragraphs about it regarding the VGC?

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    Have you read the paragraph? They're basically saying that 50% Zygarde isn't good enough for the competition compared to the other legendaries, which is why it will sit out. Telling people to watch the anime instead hardly means that Complete Forme will end up being playable in the VGC.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Have you read the paragraph? They're basically saying that 50% Zygarde isn't good enough for the competition compared to the other legendaries, which is why it will sit out. Telling people to watch the anime instead hardly means that Complete Forme will end up being playable in the VGC.

Thanks for clearing that up... but the snippy "holier than thou" attitude in bold wasn't needed, thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back