• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xiaolin Showdown RP

How stoked does this idea make you?

• Stoked.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Super stoked!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To be perfectly honest, this concept doesn't really capture my interest, bro. But I totally wish you

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    Hey! Just wondering if there's any interest for a Xiaolin Showdown RP on this site before I start compiling a list of Shen Gong Wu!

Xiaolin Showdown RP

I haven't really put any effort into figuring out the plot or setting of this particular RP, but I think it could provide an interesting platform for PvP that could be really fun!

Here's my idea of the mechanics:
    1. There would be nine elements for Xiaolin monks: fire, water, earth, wind & wood, as well as shadow, thunder, ice & steel. Players would be distributed into three teams (temples) of three monks each.
    2. The differences between each temple will be ideological in nature, not moral. Don't really want to have a Heylin temple for "evil" edgelord characters, though I might be persuaded to allow an "evil" Heylin temple if pressured to do so.
    3. Every other week a random number of Shen Gong Wu will spawn and each team will have to choose which one to obtain, how many monks they'll send, with which Shen Gong Wu (SGW from now on), what their method of transportation will be, etc. In order to obtain said item for their temple.
    4. Travel time will be taken into consideration (very roughly) between the temple's location and the activated SGW, meaning you might arrive after the SGW has been found by someone else, in which case, tough cookies.
    5. If two (or more) members of different teams/temples grab a hold of a particular SGW at the same time, they must declare a Xiaolin Showdown, pitting their SGW in a competition in which the winner takes all three SGW (the ones equipped by each monk and the disputed SGW). Note: a monk cannot participate in a Xiaolin Showdown if (s)he doesn't have a SGW equipped.
    6. If a Xiaolin Showdown drags on, I will simply conclude the Xiaolin Showdown myself and declare the more inactive PC the loser (meaning you'll lose all your SGW if you flake on me, bud. So don't).

Alternatively, all PCs could be part of the same Xiaolin temple and compete against a Heylin temple of NPCs, though that would require significantly more work on my behalf, so… no.

Thoughts, questions or concerns?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    Right, absolutely.

Xiaolin Showdown is a cartoon that aired in Kids WB from 2003-2006. Here's the blurb from Wikipedia for practicality's sake:
    Set in a world where martial arts battles and Eastern magic are commonplace, the series follows four young Xiaolin warriors in training who battle the Heylin forces of evil. They do this by protecting Shen Gong Wu (ancient artifacts that have great magical powers) from villains that would use them to conquer the world. Typical episodes revolve around a specific Shen Gong Wu being revealed which results in both sides racing to find it. Episodes usually reach a head when one good and one evil character must challenge each other to a magical duel called a Xiaolin Showdown for possession of the artifact.

Essentially, the idea would be to base each "chapter" of the RP on an episode format from the show: several Shen Gong Wu are revealed, PC's go to collect them for themselves, those that get passed on are collected by NPC antagonists, rinse and repeat.

Like I said, I haven't really worked on the setting itself at all (and don't really intend to if there isn't much interest expressed), but I think it'd be a really cool platform for a PvP-style RP since journey RPs tend to be more cooperative.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • Alright.
    You mention having these opponents in the OP be PCs but you just mentioned NPC antagonists. Wouldn't you allow the player to play as an antagonist?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    Alright.
    You mention having these opponents in the OP be PCs but you just mentioned NPC antagonists. Wouldn't you allow the player to play as an antagonist?

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I want the players to act as antagonists to each other, but I still want them to be "good guys", while a hidden NPC team some might see sporadically could serve as a "big bad guy" towards the end of the campaign/RP.

That being said, nothing is entirely concrete in regards to that as of right now, I'm just trying to gauge interest in the concept itself before I move on to flesh things out.

Back