• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It is true, there is no real trend anymore. The anime has become very unpredictable in some cases. There are still those that we can see happening though.

I really hope Ash catches a Honedge though. There was a Honedge in the first opening, but it was never shown like all the other pokemon in the opening. This would give Ash a Ghost and Steel type. This is one of the main reasons I hope he doesn't catch any Ghost/Grass types or any other ghost types. And it would only have to evolve to Doublade to be a massive power house. If he was to get Aegislash, it could be a new Charizard. This would also give him a good counted for the Psychic gym.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'm sorry but this has NEVER been a rule.

Ash's Gligar was in direct opposition from Paul's Gliscor and it evolved into Gliscor. Ash's Treecko fought against a Grovyle where I believe it lost but at the same time learned Bullet Seed. Ash's Grotle had a thing with Paul's Torterra and it still fully evolved.

The differences with Pikachu and Piplup, they didn't want to evolve and their trainers respected that. Ash won't use a thunder Stone on Pikachu and Dawn gave Piplup the Everstone so he would stop injuring himself while trying to stop his evolution.

Oh Please , You believe in Water Curse despite Ash's Kraddy evolving .
By the way , Gliscor & Treeko got beaten to the the pulp by their evolution .
I said , I said Pokemon who defect Their higher evolutionary line never evolve any further.
I didn't said , Pokemon who Battle Their higher evolutionary line never evolve any further.
Like Buizel , Pignite , Krophise etc .

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh Please , You believe in Water Curse despite Ash's Kraddy evolving .
By the way , Gliscor & Treeko got beaten to the the pulp by their evolution .
I said , I said Pokemon who defect Their higher evolutionary line never evolve any further.
I didn't said , Pokemon who Battle Their higher evolutionary line never evolve any further.
Like Buizel , Pignite , Krophise etc .

Ash's Krabby isn't a starter Pokemon. And as I said, the Pokemon facing off against its evolution isn't a rule or a pattern. Ash's Pokemon HAVE evolved despite fighting against their evolutions. So you are wrong.

Gligar did not like Paul's Gliscor. Treecko did not like Grovyle. Both had personal grudges against both. The only Pokemon that refuses to evolve were Bulbasaur, Piplup and Pikachu and NONE of them have a grudge against their evolutions. Pikachu has fought many Raichu and doesn't show any outward hatred to them. Piplup has met Empoleon and Prinplup and other than them taking away his spot light for a while, he has never defected against them. Bulbasaur never even had anything against his evolutions. The only time they were shown was in the ceremonial episodes where Bulbasaur showed dislike for Ash's excitement and forced wanting of him to evolve. Bulbasaur didn't have a reason not to evolve. No point to prove. It simply did not want to.

This is different from Ash doesn't evolve his water starters. Ash not evolving his water starters is simply that, he doesn't evolve them. There is no explination or conspiracy behind it. It just never happens.

And actually yes, You DID say any Pokemon who has "Beaten" its evolutionary better will never evolve.

Every pokemon that beaten its evolutionary form (Buizel , Pipup , Pikachu , Pignite and many more) didn't evolved any further .

To have "beaten" they have to battle. Its a contradiction to what you are saying now. You said it both ways. Pokemon who battle and defeat their evolutions and defect which is to show opposition against (fight), while there are more ways to "defect" only the fight part is synonymous with how Pokemon react. Either way you slice it. You. Are. Wrong.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Ash's Krabby isn't a starter Pokemon. And as I said, the Pokemon facing off against its evolution isn't a rule or a pattern. Ash's Pokemon HAVE evolved despite fighting against their evolutions. So you are wrong.

Gligar did not like Paul's Gliscor. Treecko did not like Grovyle. Both had personal grudges against both. The only Pokemon that refuses to evolve were Bulbasaur, Piplup and Pikachu and NONE of them have a grudge against their evolutions. Pikachu has fought many Raichu and doesn't show any outward hatred to them. Piplup has met Empoleon and Prinplup and other than them taking away his spot light for a while, he has never defected against them. Bulbasaur never even had anything against his evolutions. The only time they were shown was in the ceremonial episodes where Bulbasaur showed dislike for Ash's excitement and forced wanting of him to evolve. Bulbasaur didn't have a reason not to evolve. No point to prove. It simply did not want to.

This is different from Ash doesn't evolve his water starters. Ash not evolving his water starters is simply that, he doesn't evolve them. There is no explination or conspiracy behind it. It just never happens.

And actually yes, You DID say any Pokemon who has "Beaten" its evolutionary better will never evolve.

To have "beaten" they have to battle. Its a contradiction to what you are saying now. You said it both ways. Pokemon who battle and defeat their evolutions and defect which is to show opposition against (fight), while there are more ways to "defect" only the fight part is synonymous with how Pokemon react. Either way you slice it. You. Are. Wrong.

You simply twisting the word aren't you ?
I simply said , Pokemon who defected the higher evolution doesn't evolve further .
Its common sense that it mean that Pokemon actually battling their higher evolution.
Beaten & Defect , Both are use to express the same meaning .
A lot of commenter use ''Beat'' rather then ''Defect''.
Also , Now you are saying Kraddy doesn't count because it not a starter.
Also , What does liking has anything to do with it ?
Sceptile didn't hated it evolution , It just doesn't like to lose .
Same goes with Buizel .
As for Gligar , If I remember correctly , Gligar was motivated to battle after seeing one of Ash's battle which is why Ash used him against Paul . not because he hated Glicore.
It got scare to fight Glicore but it doesn't hate it . Any weak Pokemon like Gligar back then would be scare to fight the evolution . It was a normal reaction.
As far as I know , Fletchling might not like its Evolution ether .
Have you read the Summary-
- As they continue their journey, Satoshi and friends visit Kalos Canyon. There, they meet the Sky Trainer Nami and her Fiarrow. Sky Trainers are Trainers who conduct "Sky Battles", Pokémon battles done while flying around in the sky, and Satoshi challenges her to a Sky Battle with his Luchabull. If Luchabull can win against Fiarrow, Yayakoma will also be able to challenge Fiarrow to a Sky Battle. How will the Sky Battle end!?

Source : http://www.pocketmonsters.net/forum/threads/4830?p=9693#forumPost9693

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You simply twisting the word aren't you ?
No you are the one twisting the words around.

I simply said , Pokemon who defected the higher evolution doesn't evolve further .
And as I've said. You are 100% wrong.

Its common sense that it mean that Pokemon actually battling their higher evolution.
This again is you contradicting yourself. You just said that it didn't involve battling and beating them. Make up your mind on what you are saying or stop trying to argue when you are wrong.

Beaten & Defect , Both are use to express the same meaning .
Actually no they don't. I was humoring you before but beating and defecting have two completely different meanings. Using Defect as an adjective means to change sides. When you defect, you leave your current party (team, club, company, country, etc) and go to the side directly opposing them. None of Ash's Pokemon have ever defected to the opponent's team and you use the term incorrectly.

The only Pokemon Ash has that have shown dislike for the idea of evolving were Pikachu, which is a running case, and Bulbasaur who had absolutely no reason to not want to evolve other than he didn't want to.

A lot of commenter use ''Beat'' rather then ''Defect''.
No a commentator has never used defect. Yes they use beat because the Pokemon battle. The younger stages do tend to face off against their evolutions, this has NEVER been a reason to or not to evolve the Pokemon. This has never been used as an excuse. There have been Pokemon that have shown a great hatred for their evolutions, both being meowths, but they simply cannot evolve. Neither have said why they cannot evolve despite one being of a high enough level, although one is theorized to not be able to evolve for the same reason that he cannot use Payday. He spent too much energy learning something that should have been impossible to do and it stuntent his battle capabilities as well as evolutionary growth.

Also , Now you are saying Kraddy doesn't count because it not a starter.
Krabby has NEVER counted. and its KraBBy. Learn to spell. The letters aren't even close enough on the keyboard to warrant that as a mistake. None of Ash's Water starters have ever evolved. That is the ONLY pattern set for Ash evolving a starter. That is the ONLY reoccuring pattern. Its not a curse. Its a PATTERN.

Also , What does liking has anything to do with it ?

The Pokemon's feelings have been a major factor for evolution since Kanto. IF I have to explain this, then you are better off shutting up and leaving the discussion alone. This has been the leading factor to whether or not a Pokemon evolves with Ash and his group. There have been COUNTLESS episodes that focused on Pokemon not wanting to evolve. Not liking the idea of it. Some want to stay as they are.

Sceptile didn't hated it evolution , It just doesn't like to lose .
Yes Treecko hated the Grovyle. He was extremely antagonistic to it. He still evolved into one. This happens a few times in the anime. It plays no part in whether they evolve or not. Treecko hated anything stronger than him. It put a desire to get stronger than the opponent. Something that caused a severe mental block when he evolved into Sceptile and loss his ability to use his attacks temporarily.

Contrary to this. Snivy didn't have any direct influence with her evolutionary line. She showed no outward disdain nor did she ever appear to care about evolving. Despite not having an antagonistic relationship with her evolutionary line she never evolved herself. She has been made to face off against her evolution more than her fair share.

Same goes with Buizel .

Buizel didn't have any antagonistic tendencies against his evolution. In fact he didn't care about the Floatzel at all. He had a small grudge against Pikachu for an accident earlier in that episode but quickly rectified it at the end before achieving victory. The battle between the two didn't have any kind of influence on whether or not Buizel wanted to evolve or not. So its relation was the same as Snivy's. It simply did not care about either evolving or its evolution.

As for Gligar , If I remember correctly , Gligar was motivated to battle after seeing one of Ash's battle which is why Ash used him against Paul . not because he hated Glicore.
It got scare to fight Glicore but it doesn't hate it . Any weak Pokemon like Gligar back then would be scare to fight the evolution . It was a normal reaction.

Um. No. Gligar was afraid of Gliscor because they belonged to the same colony. Gliscor was the alpha of the group and Ash's Gligar was the runt. The Gliscor had bullied the Gligar before and showed that it had a thing against it. Gligar was afraid of it and resented it a bit but overcame those feelings when it was able to evolve itself. Gligar had obvious negative feelings and fear is a small form of hatred when anger isn't fueling you. Gligar overcame his ordeal and evolved. Completely contradicting your statement.

As far as I know , Fletchling might not like its Evolution ether .
Have you read the Summary-

Source : http://www.pocketmonsters.net/forum/threads/4830?p=9693#forumPost9693

The summery doesn't mean anything. Its flavor text to get you to watch the events. Some summaries have been off the mark by a mile. Some are vague and unrelated until you watched a few times. Fletchling has no outward relationship with Talonflame. Its isn't effected in any way shape or form. It just wants to battle after watching Hawlucha's fight. It gets inspired and that is usually one of the small focuses that have Pokemon evolving. Just battling against an evolution doesn't mean it'll never evolve. The ONLY Pokemon that that has happened to and kept that meaning was Pikachu, but the fear of evolution changed from, not wanting to become that Pokemon, to it losing its current personality. Ash keeps having the choice given to him and he doesn't want Pikachu to change. That has been his core reason for not evolving Pikachu. Pikachu simply doesn't want to evolve either. Ash respects that despite others telling him that his judgment is flawed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • they/them
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
According to the trailer, Fletchling is watching Ash and Hawlucha fight against the Talonflame and gets inspired to fight when Hawlucha falls. I think the big set up is for Hawlucha and Fletchling tries to take up the reigns when Hawlucha falls in battle.
Ah, that's right. That was a derp moment on my part since I've watched the preview not once but at least twice aha. In that case I find the title a little odd but I guess they didn't want to spoiler the fact that Fletchling evolves this episode (though they pretty much spoiled it in the preview anyways oh well).

Still it'll be exciting to see regardless of how it goes. According to the description it sounds like Hawlucha wins and so Fletchling gets to face it next? But we'll just see because lol descriptions.

Also, Famon, I normally leave your typos alone but I'm pretty sure you've been meaning to say 'defeat/defeated' not 'defect/defected'. Still doesn't change the fact that I agree with Khrysta but jsyk.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I still think Froakie will evolve. I also kinda think it will start acting like Charmeleon and Charizard, just not as long as it did.

At the start, Froakie did not want to listen to Ash 100%. This emotion could intensify when it turns into Frogadier. And then completely go insane at Greninja because it is part dark.

As for Ash not evolving Froakie, I think he will. Because it is his only starter. When Hoenn and Sinnoh both have him evolving his starters completely. With Froakie being his only starter, he will be like Treecko. He also act similar to Treecko, and they are having a lot more fillers to expand on his pokemon. To me, Kalos is a combination between Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
No you are the one twisting the words around.

And as I've said. You are 100% wrong.

This again is you contradicting yourself. You just said that it didn't involve battling and beating them. Make up your mind on what you are saying or stop trying to argue when you are wrong.

When did I said it doesn't involve battling ???
It seem I mistakenly wrote Defect in place of Defeat !
So The actual meaning is-
If A Pokemon Defeat/Beat its higher Evolution in a battle then that Pokemon will not evole any further .
Easy enough for you !
Krabby has NEVER counted. and its KraBBy. Learn to spell. The letters aren't even close enough on the keyboard to warrant that as a mistake. None of Ash's Water starters have ever evolved. That is the ONLY pattern set for Ash evolving a starter. That is the ONLY reoccuring pattern. Its not a curse. Its a PATTERN.
Well , Any of ash's Pokemon that defeated/Beaten their higher evolution didn't evolve ether .
Its a pattern too .
This came true with every Pokemon that beaten their higher evolution.
If you think they hated their evolution then its a big no .
Pignite , Buizel didn't hate their Evolution. If they were upset then each had different region considering the episode.
If You think this is ridiculous then believe me , It nowhere near as ridiculous as Your theory of Froakie not evolving since Any water starter Pokemon of Ash didn't evolved.
After all , Ash's Krabby and Brock Mubkip evolved .
However , There isn't any Pokemon who Defeated its evolution and then evolued further to its final form.
FYI : Pignite defeated Emboar and didn't evolve any further so no point using him.
If You believe that XY series might break this tend , Then the water curse would be broken too to sale more Greninja Toy.
BELIEVE ME , EVERYBODY WANTS THE TEND TO BE BROKEN .
FYI : The Summary mean that Ash battling Talonflame with Hawlucha So Fletchling can challenge Talonflame later . Which indicate that Ash was to use Fletchling from the start due to some unknown reason.

The Pokemon's feelings have been a major factor for evolution since Kanto. IF I have to explain this, then you are better off shutting up and leaving the discussion alone. This has been the leading factor to whether or not a Pokemon evolves with Ash and his group. There have been COUNTLESS episodes that focused on Pokemon not wanting to evolve. Not liking the idea of it. Some want to stay as they are.
They why Iris's Axew didn't evolve ??? It clearly wanted to evolved.

Yes Treecko hated the Grovyle. He was extremely antagonistic to it. He still evolved into one. This happens a few times in the anime. It plays no part in whether they evolve or not. Treecko hated anything stronger than him. It put a desire to get stronger than the opponent. Something that caused a severe mental block when he evolved into Sceptile and loss his ability to use his attacks temporarily.
Nope , Treeko didn't hate its evolution !
He just felt a rivalry ! He had a comperative nature from the start and He doesn't like lose.
Just like he didn't like to be beaten by Jessies Seviper .
Same goes with Snivy & Buizel.

Um. No. Gligar was afraid of Gliscor because they belonged to the same colony. Gliscor was the alpha of the group and Ash's Gligar was the runt. The Gliscor had bullied the Gligar before and showed that it had a thing against it. Gligar was afraid of it and resented it a bit but overcame those feelings when it was able to evolve itself. Gligar had obvious negative feelings and fear is a small form of hatred when anger isn't fueling you. Gligar overcame his ordeal and evolved. Completely contradicting your statement.
Bullied ?????Let me guess , You read how Ash's Gligar was belong to the same colony as Glicore so you assume Glicore use to bully Gilgar.
But , Gilgar barely interact with Glicore even before their were captured.
Because The Gilcore Originally didn't had a pack to begun with .
Theat Glicore simply got trap within the city due to a windstorm and it tried to use Sonar to find its way out . However , It attempt to use Sonar to navigate out the city failed due to all the tall building and instate attract all other Gligar toward himself forming a pack.
Ash's Gligar didn't knew to glide properly so it had problem flying .
And he use to get afraid of EVERYTHING .

I can't wait to Serena's Pancham ! I hope it has Game Pancham personality because that personality is much better then the cutesy one.
A Tsundere Pancham that Glare at everyone and act tough front of Serena but can't help smile when serena pet his head or hug him Is a much better Marketable choice.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • they/them
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Too lazy to bother with everything else but Axew didn't evolve because it was a mascot Pokemon like Pikachu and Piplup. So no matter how much it actually wanted to evolve it won't because of marketing. In canon it's probably because it was such a young Axew (although anyone could make the argument that 'Phanpy' or 'Squirtle' also were babies and they evolves remember they evolve much earlier than Axew does. And Dragons are difficult to train.)

But that aside, I actually wouldn't mind Serena to have a Pancham who acts tough in front of everyone but has a soft spot for Serena or something along those lines.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I would like to bring something to people's attention really quick.

I noticed that that there is another trend that may play out at a later time. In the past Bulba was caught by both May and Ash. May's evolved. Cyndaquil was caught by both Dawn and Ash. Ash's evolved. Krabby was caught by both Ash and Gary and Ash's evolved. Squirtle was caught by May and Ash and May's evolved.

Now, Iris and Ash have both caught a Gible. Is it possible that Ash will bring Gible back and evolve it? It is also happened in the past that both evolve when they are caught by 2 trainers. Such as Gligar and Tranquill. And the Torterras.

If Gible was to fully evolve, it is possible that Ash could use Garchomp as a Mega. Though I do not see this happening. I can only see it evolving to Gabite. But it is still possibly. They have to have a good connection, due to the fact Gible can use Draco Meteor and Ash trained it a LOT after he caught it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I would like to bring something to people's attention really quick.

I noticed that that there is another trend that may play out at a later time. In the past Bulba was caught by both May and Ash. May's evolved. Cyndaquil was caught by both Dawn and Ash. Ash's evolved. Krabby was caught by both Ash and Gary and Ash's evolved. Squirtle was caught by May and Ash and May's evolved.

Now, Iris and Ash have both caught a Gible. Is it possible that Ash will bring Gible back and evolve it? It is also happened in the past that both evolve when they are caught by 2 trainers. Such as Gligar and Tranquill. And the Torterras.

If Gible was to fully evolve, it is possible that Ash could use Garchomp as a Mega. Though I do not see this happening. I can only see it evolving to Gabite. But it is still possibly. They have to have a good connection, due to the fact Gible can use Draco Meteor and Ash trained it a LOT after he caught it.

Well writer can simply pissed everybody off by giving Iris Both Garchamp & Dragonite !
Thoughtless idea like this are Pokemon Anime Writer's Specialty.
And Garchamp is Pokemon that Outmatchs it own Mega therefore its the only pokemon that doesn't need Megevolution.

But that aside, I actually wouldn't mind Serena to have a Pancham who acts tough in front of everyone but has a soft spot for Serena or something along those lines.

All Pokemon are difficult to train and Iris should know to handle her newly evolve Dragon type rather then doing hugus fugus Telepathy .

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
Hawlucha is the sceptile Or Buizel of the group.
Hack , It practically Froakie's Clone.
Snivy was more like a sassy Tsundere ! If you ever saw a Meowstic (F) in Pokemon Amie then it will remind you of Ash's Snivy.
Also Ash catchs a bipedal Lizerd Pokemon in every Gen ! However , That Lizerd pokemon must share a reassembles with a T-Rex.
For example : Chramender , Totodile , Treeko & Gible who look like a chibi T-rex .
There is 3 kalo Pokemon like that-

-Tyrunt
-Goodra
-Helioptile

One of them will join Ash if the Anime doesn't break the tend . Question is , Which one will the Animator choose .

As for Honedge and its evolutionary like , WRITER SHOULD BE CAREFUL AROUND A WILD AEGISLESH !!!
Because Aegislesh can sense inmate qualities of Leadership and known to chose King.
So A wild Aegislesh's appearance decide if Ash has any qualities of Leadership in him.
If The Aegislesh doesn't get attracted then it might imply that Ash doesn't process any qualities of Leadership.
However , Writer can make a episode where Ash get lost in forest and meet a girl obsessed with Power . She tries to catch an Aegislesh that was belong to an Ancient King who saved the world However her Pokemon are outmatch by it.
Ash tries to help but Pikachu's Electro Ball get cut in half by Aegislesh and it lunch an attack on that Girl.
Ash shield her with his body But the Aegislesh stop it attack and take a good look at Ash. And then it touch one of Ash's Pokeball in it belt and self-capture itself.
Ash is surprise but he tries to see that girl's condition However instate of being greatful to him , She accuse Ash for stealing her Aegislesh and become a rival in the series.
But Ash could just catch an Aegislesh that can talk but often say humiliating & Sarcastic thing while pointing out others flaw (Mainly Ash's ) which cause other to get piss it.
Snivy was the most serious Pokémon of all that Ash had in Unova (besides Charizard of course) and who will do everything to fight for honor, just like Charizard, Sceptile, Buizel and Snivy. Hawlucha will be the one who substitudes Snivy as Ash's new Pokémon who want's to become strong.

I don't think Totodile looks like a T-rex, a reptile yes, but T-rex nope :P.

Goodra either.

I think Helioptile is out of question because it is Electric-Type.

Also the writers don't take the Game Pokedex entries seriously... and neither do I. There are so many entries that seem just to be there just to fill out the Pokedex with information.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Snivy was the most serious Pokémon of all that Ash had in Unova (besides Charizard of course) and who will do everything to fight for honor, just like Charizard, Sceptile, Buizel and Snivy. Hawlucha will be the one who substitudes Snivy as Ash's new Pokémon who want's to become strong.

I don't think Totodile looks like a T-rex, a reptile yes, but T-rex nope :P.

Goodra either.

I think Helioptile is out of question because it is Electric-Type.

Also the writers don't take the Game Pokedex entries seriously... and neither do I. There are so many entries that seem just to be there just to fill out the Pokedex with information.

Buizel , Sceptile & Froakie isn't comic relief ether , They are also serious Pokemon.
They all fight with honor !
However If I have descried Snivy , Then she would be a cool Tsundere Onee-same type.
And If You see Meowstic (F) in a Poke-amie then it will surely remind you off Snivy .
Also , Totodile is a more like a Chidi T-rex .
Also , Goodra remind me off ''Barney the Dinosaur'' !

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
Personally I think that the XY anime is a lot like the Hoenn seasons so I expected Ash's Froakie to become a Greninja and of course he'll get a Talonflame. What I think will happen is Ash will release his Hawlucha to protect a group of Pokemon or trade it with Korrina for a Riolu or another fighting type Pokemon.

Now for the Pokemon I think that the group will have:

Ash:
Pikachua
Greninja
Talonflame

Clauncher (This is due to Ash having a Kingler and Corphish)
Phantump (He has atleast one grass type in every generation also Phantump is cute and marketable)
Riolu (As a teaser for Mega evolution but won't evolve because Mega Lucario would take the spotlight from Pikachu)
Meowstic male Just so Ash and Serena have a cute Pokemon couple)

Serena:
Braixen (Probably evolve to save her and the group)
Meowstic female (Meowstic female has a very fashionable design and it's something Serena seems to like alot)
Floette (Cute fairy type to introduce to new viewers)
Vivillion (Because someone always has the regional bug type Ash had Butterfree and Leavanny)
Sylveon (Another cute marketable fairy type)
Skiddo (Cute grass type)

I think her Pokemon will be the cute types as it goes with her character, but I expect it will take a long time before she captures something.

Now here is just a few things I would like but won't happen:

Mega Charizard Y I think Ash will get a mega Pokemon but seen as mega Charizard X is all over the specials it would set Ash part.
Totodile evolves into a Croconaw so his Johto team is balanced out to all first stage evolutions.
Ash catches a Goomy it will be pretty much like his Gible so the two would get along at Oaks lab when he moves onto the next region.
And lastly the group all travel to the next region instead of Ash going on his own again.
I highly doubt this but it would be good to see the group travel to another region seen as Ash and Serena actually have a back story.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I didn't think of that to be honest. He could very well release Hawlucha, but it is rare for him to release a pokemon. But it isn't impossible. Especially the way Hawlucha is. But with it being such a unique typing, I think it is a slim chance.

I agree that this season is a lot like Hoenn.

As for Phantump. I know everyone wants, but every time I read its Dex entry, I just don't think it would go over well.

As for Clauncher, I thought he would catch this as well, but I don't recall him having the same type of pokemon unless it has two typings. But they have broken a lot of things. We will have to see.

Years
  • Age 31
  • they/them
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
With the kind of Pokemon Hawlucha is (protector of something who joined Ash to become stronger, much like Bulbasaur and Heracross) I don't really see him actually releasing Hawlucha. And with the limited amount of Kalos Pokemon around the chances are even more slim if they keep to the idea that all his Pokemon minus Pikachu are from the Kalos region.

Clauncher could happen if Froakie evolves all the way into Greninja? But it would probably be too late in the game if he does unless it ends up being like a Gible kinda thing or something.

Also after being kidnapped by Trenevant I don't think he's getting that or a Phantump :'D;

Personally I'm.... still leaning towards him getting a Bergmite and maybe a Skiddo. Though who knows maybe Honedge if the next movie is saying anything but I don't think the movies have hinted towards captured Pokemon since... Sinnoh? Since Unova didn't hint at any.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
So Flechider wins after all. To be honest, I got of like the anime design of Flechider over Talonflame. I don't think I would mind if Flechider didn't evolve. Would be a change, but would also be the same if it didn't evolve. So I don't mind if it never evolves, or if it evolves into Talonflame. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Here is a comparison between Hoenn and Kalos so far.

Pikachu ---> Pikachu
Swellow ---> Flechider
Torkoal ---> Hawlucha
Sceptile ---> Froakie
Glaile ---> ???
Corphish ---> ??? (Possibly Skiddo)
Aipom (BF Saga) ---> ???

I do not think ash will catch a Bergmite do the the massive size of Avalugg. I do hope Ash catches more pokemon than he did in Hoenn. Would be nice for him to get another dragon type like Flygon and keep it.

Last edited:

Rayheart

Ancient Trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 15, 2014
He may get Bergmite, Skrelp and i think he will get his Sceptile back.

Remember his Snorunt? I think he will catch a Bergmite which will evolve in to an Avalugg.
He will need a Posion Type to defeat new Fairy Pokemon, dragon + posion suits it well together.
As for the Sceptile, since there will be the new games coming soon, they will make ash to get Sceptile and megaevolve him to take attention to the new game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Skrelp's episode went under the radar, chances of them giving it a second chance outside of trainer ownership isn't very high.

Ash's old Pokemon coming back have the lowest chance of happening while the main story progresses. In the after story filler is the best chance for Ash to use older Pokemon.

Back