• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen XY + ORAS = Possible 3rd Version Convergence?

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The two regions being tied through Mega Evolution is a good theory, buuuut when last I checked we have no proof that Mega Evolution will be in the remakes. I don't think that they'll be tied into a third game, if one is released. Two Pokemon generations have never merged to any extent that was more than just a couple of references, and I just don't see them starting now. D:

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    If these had been sequels instead of remakes, I would say it's more likely, but since these are indeed remakes I find the possibility waning.

Because of the timeline distance, and the physical distance between the regions, if there was "3rd version convergence," the 3rd version would have to be drastically different from XY: connecting it to a team that has been defunct for many years already messes with the plot behind XY, moreso than the differences between DP and P.

I will admit, though, that the titles using Omega and Alpha definitely call up some similarities (AZ, and just the use of another alphabet in general) between ORAS and XY. I definitely remember reading some theories that "instead of Z, we will get Alpha and Omega" before the ORAS announcement, so until we know what kind of game(s) we'll get next we can never really be quite certain. Doctor brings up the interesting possibility of a prequel "3rd version," and that's always an option, too!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • If these had been sequels instead of remakes, I would say it's more likely, but since these are indeed remakes I find the possibility waning.

Because of the timeline distance, and the physical distance between the regions, if there was "3rd version convergence," the 3rd version would have to be drastically different from XY: connecting it to a team that has been defunct for many years already messes with the plot behind XY, moreso than the differences between DP and P.

I will admit, though, that the titles using Omega and Alpha definitely call up some similarities (AZ, and just the use of another alphabet in general) between ORAS and XY. I definitely remember reading some theories that "instead of Z, we will get Alpha and Omega" before the ORAS announcement, so until we know what kind of game(s) we'll get next we can never really be quite certain. Doctor brings up the interesting possibility of a prequel "3rd version," and that's always an option, too!
    Speaking of prequels, while I don't think ORAS will impact anything in the third version/sequels, perhaps they'll treat these remakes as prequels to XY. After all they do take place in the past. One good thing I can see about connecting the two is that the world's climate is interconnected. While Groudon and Kyogre may have only impacted weather (short-term) had they kept it on for longer it would've changed the face of the world. Perhaps they'll tweak it in the remakes so that it does last longer...

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Speaking of prequels, while I don't think ORAS will impact anything in the third version/sequels, perhaps they'll treat these remakes as prequels to XY. After all they do take place in the past. One good thing I can see about connecting the two is that the world's climate is interconnected. While Groudon and Kyogre may have only impacted weather (short-term) had they kept it on for longer it would've changed the face of the world. Perhaps they'll tweak it in the remakes so that it does last longer...

That's definitely a possibility. All it takes is for a small cameo or two, and a reference thrown here or there about Kalos, and they could definitely tie the games together at least loosely. I also appreciate that you mention Groudon and Kyogre's impact...Hoenn definitely doesn't exist in a bubble, so it's true that any longer and Magma/Aqua could have seriously harmed the entire world!

Pure speculation time! Since Zygarde supposedly "awakens" when Kalos's ecosystem is in danger, perhaps Groudon and Kyogre go on a rampage for so long, Kalos feels its effects and that sets off Zygarde in whatever next game(s) we get? It seems unlikely, but anything's a possibility at this point!

Years
  • That's definitely a possibility. All it takes is for a small cameo or two, and a reference thrown here or there about Kalos, and they could definitely tie the games together at least loosely. I also appreciate that you mention Groudon and Kyogre's impact...Hoenn definitely doesn't exist in a bubble, so it's true that any longer and Magma/Aqua could have seriously harmed the entire world!

Pure speculation time! Since Zygarde supposedly "awakens" when Kalos's ecosystem is in danger, perhaps Groudon and Kyogre go on a rampage for so long, Kalos feels its effects and that sets off Zygarde in whatever next game(s) we get? It seems unlikely, but anything's a possibility at this point!

About the bubble. In the Fiore games after the end of the games and the two appear to look hurt. Some speculate that it happened after the battle in Emerald. If so than the effects would've probably have been felt there (and in Sinnoh if one is to believe that Fiore is next to Sinnoh) unless stopped.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    About the bubble. In the Fiore games after the end of the games and the two appear to look hurt. Some speculate that it happened after the battle in Emerald. If so than the effects would've probably have been felt there (and in Sinnoh if one is to believe that Fiore is next to Sinnoh) unless stopped.

That's possible. To me, even though Fiore might make reference to the main games, I don't consider any spin-offs canon to the main games (even if they can connect to each other, such as the Orre games). But it would be interesting to think that the main games affect the spin-offs, and then having the spin-offs exist in their own "bubble" of sorts (reminds me of Conquest, which is obviously not canon to the main games, and yet Motonari mentions how there is an "alternate universe" where people catch Pokémon in PokéBalls).

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Are you suggesting AZ will be involved in Hoenn? I doubt it and kind of hope he isn't. I don't want anything intermingling with my glorious RSE remakes. I'm far too excited for weird outside things to be interfering and ruining anything.

I wouldn't mind if they added something like that in AFTER the main storyline. It'd be a cool way to update the games and make them different from their predecessors without ruining what made them great in the first place.

I guess I'd like some tie-ins to XY just because I think the GenIII originals are still very playable. If I'm going to drop a bunch of money on a new version, I'd like there to be a bit more than just visual updates... while it'll be cool to see Hoenn in 3D, I still like the way the old games look, so if it's solely a new coat of paint I'll be a bit disappointed.

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2014
    I really don't think there is going to be much of a tie. At most I think there is a chance that there may be a small tie in post-game to X/Y. Being a remake of R/S wouldn't the event of X/Y have taken place long after the original events of R/S making certain references to things that happen in X/Y (Team Flare, the crazy cannon thing, etc) not applicable?

Though I would LOVE to have something about Groudon/Kyogre than connects with Zygarde and the next pokemon game after ORAS

Years
  • I realized today after think about the past two pair of remakes that they all have something from the new region pair. FrLg= An item called Ruby and the Sapphire appeared in the games. Their story had to do with linking up the islands with the Hoenn region to trade Pokemon.

HGSS= DP referenced some of the events of the original GSC. Likewise the remakes reference Sinnoh, and even have an event involving the creation of the region's mascot trio.

I wonder if they'll pull another FrLg like I said earlier...I say FrLg like event as we don't know much about the Mortality trio to have an event like HGSS.

Back