• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen XY + ORAS = Possible 3rd Version Convergence?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    So, this was thinking on my mind for so long but with XY's storyline already intriguing, and with the announcement of ORAS, do you think GF will pull a storyline that could tie up with X and Y's and it would eventually lead up to the storyline of the 3rd Version?

What do you think about this? Discuss!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Are you suggesting AZ will be involved in Hoenn? I doubt it and kind of hope he isn't. I don't want anything intermingling with my glorious RSE remakes. I'm far too excited for weird outside things to be interfering and ruining anything.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    This is definitely something I'd like to see. It hasn't happened to a great extent in any games yet, but that doesn't mean it won't for sure. If I had to guess, no, because they tend not to do this except for Kanto + Johto.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Oh I'm not saying AZ will appear in Hoenn, but maybe make a sotryline that can somehow intertwine with XY's and that could potentially lead to the 3rd Version's storyline happening? I know I kinda worded it wrong tho :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Not really. Maybe they'll do something extra that fits with the Kalos region. Like Firered and Leafgreen had the Ruby and Sapphire stone quests in order to trade with Ruby and Sapphire. While they don't necessary have to make such a quest a requirement to trade it'll be fun to have another event similar to that in the Kanto remakes. They could even have it in a new area like in the Kanto scenerio.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Not really. Maybe they'll do something extra that fits with the Kalos region. Like Firered and Leafgreen had the Ruby and Sapphire stone quests in order to trade with Ruby and Sapphire. While they don't necessary have to make such a quest a requirement to trade it'll be fun to have another event similar to that in the Kanto remakes. They could even have it in a new area like in the Kanto scenerio.

Yeah, that could be interesting, we would be lead to an inter-region crisis. It could be a perfect new area to explore imo, and it may need that to trade in our beloved X&Y Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Yes. I think between the environmental nightmare Kyogre and Groudon unleash on Hoenn and the secret power Zygarde only unleashes when the ecosystem of Kalos is thrown into chaos that there could be some sort of convenient tie-in.

I can't imagine that Team Aqua and Team Magma's actions didn't have side-effects. I am also not inclined to believe that the havoc the two legendaries wreaked upon Hoenn didn't have any impact outside of Hoenn. The world is interconnected. Massive changes in one region of the world will undoubtedly have an impact on the others.

Now I won't claim to say I think that is going happen in the 'next' installment. But I think it'd be a huge missed opportunity on GameFreak's part. It could also be an interesting chance to do a prequel. I think it'd be better for X and Y to be later in the timeline. The impact of Hoenn's supernatural disasters will probably have settled for the most part even just a few years after their occurrence. X and Y make no effort to establish there being any issues with the weather. If anything, Zygarde's presence underground would indicate everything's fine. But if they did a prequel it could be used in a lot of fun ways.
    The prequel could explain why Zygarde is underground and pretty weak for a legendary. It's recovering from when it had to use its secret power!
    Not only this, but Team Aqua and Team Magma's actions could even be used as the catalyst that sets Lysandre over the edge and leads to the formation of Team Flare. The sheer devastation the legendaries from Hoenn caused could even be used as a justification for why Lysandre doesn't want to try and spare Pokemon. It's for the greater good, they're too dangerous!

blue

gucci
    Years
    If they include the Mega Evolutions and introduce a couple of new additions then I'd say yes, I'm not entirely sure how but I think these two games will connect up with X & Y somehow.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    I really don't think something like this would happen. R/S/E's plot kind of does set the stage for it, but how would that affect the timeline?

Years
    Maybe Pokemon will be in Kingdom Hearts. I mean, XYORAS is just ROXAS all jumbled up and with an extra Y chromosome.

But I don't think there will be anything like a tie-in storyline with XY unless it's like some DLC.

Wait a moment...the remakes are Sora rearranged... and Sora= Sky which equals Rayquaza...

Maybe they'll make the Kanto like event I mentioned in my earlier post. Except they could tie it up to Mega Evolution instead of Trading.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Maybe... But R/S/E is said to happen around the same time as FR/LG, and X/Y takes place long after (at least years later, judging from how HG/SS is years after FR/LG and then BW being somewhere after that and BW2 and X/Y even more years after that). So whatever they make ORAS be about, there'll be quite a lot of time in the timeline of the games before stuff in a third Kalos game would happen. Unless of course Z ends up being a prequel to X/Y somehow ;)

But I feel it's more likely that it's how it was with R/S - FR/LG - Emerald; they just happened to release the remakes before the third game.

Years
    I really don't think something like this would happen. R/S/E's plot kind of does set the stage for it, but how would that affect the timeline?

If anything, it will probably be minor, like Ruins of Alph getting tied to Arceus in Johto remakes or something

Years
    Maybe... But R/S/E is said to happen around the same time as FR/LG, and X/Y takes place long after (at least years later, judging from how HG/SS is years after FR/LG and then BW being somewhere after that and BW2 and X/Y even more years after that). So whatever they make ORAS be about, there'll be quite a lot of time in the timeline of the games before stuff in a third Kalos game would happen. Unless of course Z ends up being a prequel to X/Y somehow ;)

But I feel it's more likely that it's how it was with R/S - FR/LG - Emerald; they just happened to release the remakes before the third game.

It is a very long time indeed...

Like you mentioned it probably doesn't mean much, it's just Generation 3's order all over again. I felt the Gen IV games referenced the remakes and the remakes the Sinnoh games more so than the Gen III games did.

Years
    I wonder if they'll even be a connection. I noticed that in Gen V and XY they didn't mention Magma and Aqua except for B2W2 and that was only available to be read during the winter... however Galactic, Rocket, and Plasma show up a lot more. One would think that these eco-terrorist groups would be talked about more...
    It's possible no one outside of Hoenn really knew what happened there...

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I don't think so. The timelines are different. R/S/E is based at the same time as R/B/Y (FRLG). There's also the fact that Kalos is based on France, so probably far away from Hoenn which is somewhere much closer to Kanto, Johto, and so forth to the Eastern side of the planet. So I reckon there will be references to Kalos, but subtle ones the same was as there was relating to Hoenn in X&Y. Though the fact is, remakes haven't yet tied into the third installment of the primary games of the generation. I don't think this will be a case of where this happens, especially due to the distance and timeline factors.

Years
    I don't think so. The timelines are different. R/S/E is based at the same time as R/B/Y (FRLG). There's also the fact that Kalos is based on France, so probably far away from Hoenn which is somewhere much closer to Kanto, Johto, and so forth to the Eastern side of the planet. So I reckon there will be references to Kalos, but subtle ones the same was as there was relating to Hoenn in X&Y. Though the fact is, remakes haven't yet tied into the third installment of the primary games of the generation. I don't think this will be a case of where this happens, especially due to the distance and timeline factors.

Yeah. It seems like something more fitting for the Sinnoh mascots who control space and time to pull a move like that.

Unova references will probably be subtle too. After all New York city (Unova) is farther from Kyushu (Hoenn) than France (Kalos) is (by plane).

Years
    Hoenn has so many unique parts to it that clash with the Kalos region that I don't see this happening. ORAS will already have its hands full remaking the vast, detailed Hoenn for it to include parts of Kalos alongside them. It wouldn't logically make sense either with the timeline of the games.

Back