• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yeeeeeeeeeeup, I'm just gonna stop here...

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    A lot of the time, I find myself conveniently forgetting to play a game once I get to the Elite Four. For the most part, it's because my team is under-levelled, and I really don't feel like grinding. It's much harder to deal with having a low-levelled team against the Elite Four than it is against individual Gym Leaders. So I always keep pushing through the story with my weak team (which compounds my problem) until I get all the Badges, then just give up.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    Generally, if I want to play pokemon, I play pokemon. I'll keep playing until either another game jumps out at me and I get distracted, or I do a ton of stuff (Beat four gyms say) and something happens that forces me to restart.....without me saving a single thing I did. I really hate doing the same things over and over, and I'll be disappointed that all my hard work was for nothing.....why should I bother? Then I stop there and forget about it for a while.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    in dppt: usually i got bored aft the water-type gym
    in hgss: once i reached goldenrod city
    in bw: once i got the pokedex (LOL)

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Well, every Pokemon game begins UNGODLY SLOW. In the battles, you just tackle away, no gameplay.
    For some reason, you can't start off with the running shoes. Why? THERE IS NO REASON. There is NO REASON FOR ME NOT TO BE ABLE TO RUN. ITS NOT LIKE ITS GOING TO BREAK THE GAME.
    Thirdly, the game treats you like an idiot, as if you have never played a Pokemon game in your life. Heh, almost 20 years of this and none of the developers have the decency to add an option skip all the boring tutorials.
    It can be like "Do you want me to show you how to catch a Pokemon?"
    HECK NO.
    "Okay! Here are your Poke balls. Have fun!"

NOT. FREAKING. HARD.

I also hate tours. The game showing me and my character where and what a Pokemon Centre is. My character has already been living in this god-forsaken town for 10 FREAKING YEARS. I THINK HE/SHE KNOWS HOW TO GET AROUND. AND I'VE BEEN PLAYING POKEMON FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER. I ALSO THINK IT WOULD BE EASY TO RECONDNIZE, AS ITS THE ONLY BIG, ORANGE BUILDING AROUND. And can they at least add something to do in the first towns? There are barely even any items to get!

okay buttrage over

Overall I think Pokemon games in the beginning are stupidly slow.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2017
    I always get bored to hell when i arrive at victory road or when i have to go through the large cave to get to a ledgendary. As for Giratina in Diamond-'oh crap not Turnback cave (It makes me want to turn back and go some where else).' Don't even talk about Mewtwo in Cerulean cave and what you have to do to get there.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Only time I ever stop playing Pokemon is right before the Elite Four unless theres something else to do so I can level up my Pokemon instead of grinding in grass/caves/sea.
    Exploring caves and such, I enjoy. I don't mind running into a load of wild Pokemon, who knows one of them out of 8192 could be a shiny! :P

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Caves, especially ones that require flash. I hate caves. They're so pointless. Only cave I don't have a problem going through is victory road. Even Chargestone Cave and Twist Mountain are places where the time just drags on and I try to make it out on the other side as quickly as possible.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Most times when I start a new play through I get bored and stop ether just before or just after Victory Road. I don't remember the last time I actually beat a league other than in Black xD And in Black, I normally get bored at Chargestone Cave, but if I make it through there then I usually continue right through till the end. :3

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
    Im the type of pokemon player where the natures of my in-game has to benefit them in some way. I have come to believe that the ramdom computer in the game is trolling me because
    1. If i dont want a particular pokemon i catch one the first time with a perfect nature ex. Adament Lillipup
    2. If i want to catch a pokemon i spend hours trying to find the right one( ex 6 fricken hours to find a timid litwick

Then comes the tedious job of training my new member to the appropiate levels, thats when i rage quit and stop playing for weeks even months

Back