• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Yellow Remake?please?

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    Haha! Rafey... You sure are a fan of Yellows!

Well, you're right!

I would love to see a Pokemon Yellow Remake! :)

P.S. = And a Pikachu tailing you, too! :)

Support Pokemon Times! :)

zerwey

:3
    Years
    I would love a Pokemon Yellow remake. I never played the original one but I can tell it must be pretty cool.

If Nintendo made a Yellow remake, I would grab it as soon as I could.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Yellow remake will be kinda obsolete we already have Fire red and leaf green thats all we need. What we need right now is A gold and silver remake and thats it

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I would have loved a Yellow remake. But the gameplay was too similar to Red/Blue even back then, and there trying to make third games more unique now (at least I hope they are). Even though Pikachu did follow you around it wouldn't have a new plot, so people would probably choose FireRed/LeafGreen or (Thunder?)Yellow, rather than buy the first ones then buy a third game for new plot.

Also, now the the remakes are back on the GBA, and we're now playing on DS and DSi, the remakes are old. TO late to make a yellow remake for a while now.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    Yes. It would have been great... back while we were waiting for the DP to come out for selling... have something new, yet bring us back down Memory Lane. Noo, Nintendo has to start anew. Remakes are never better than the original but that could be if the originals get more and more... sucky.

NatureKeeper

There's already a GSC Remake this fall. HeartGold and SoulSilver. I believe Yellow Shouldn't be there~ It'll destroy some balances.

DCstrX

Collector
    Years
    pokemon yellow remake

ive been hearing rumors. do you think they'll actually do it?
    i mean. they arent going to discontinue the pokemon line just because of the ds.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    If they ever do do it it will be in the somewhat distant future right after the E/R/S remakes in the 5th gen then in the 6th gen they will probably make a P/D/P remake eventually they will go back to a yellow remake in the seventh gen
    so id say in 25 years give or take

Edit:
    your starter will follow you in heart gold and soul silver kinda like yellow

Suro

Pokemon Hall of Fame spriter
    Years
    They probably will never make remakes of the third games like yellow,Crystal, Emerald and Platinum i mean they seem kinda pointless i mean Yellow and Crystal didn't have much of a different story Emerald and platinum did kinda but if they did don't expect one in the near future. Like they said 6th, 7th or 8th gen maybe (if they continue that far...)

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    They probably will never make remakes of the third games like yellow,Crystal, Emerald and Platinum i mean they seem kinda pointless i mean Yellow and Crystal didn't have much of a different story Emerald and platinum did kinda but if they did don't expect one in the near future. Like they said 6th, 7th or 8th gen maybe (if they continue that far...)

They are pointless. I don't see nintendo ever recreating any of those, ever. At least in my opinion. But people can hope of course :) And as for yellow, theres a GSDS remake coming like everyone knows, so theres your 3D Kanto right there, assuming it gets put in.

Last edited:

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Yellow, I believe, was made as a promotion for the anime when it was new. So, I highly doubt they'll remake it, now. Not only is the anime past Kanto; but I recall Yellow having "Special Edition," labeled under it, so I assume it was a special deal.

That being said... It's obvious they're taking features from Yellow, like your starter following you around. c=

Ayselipera

Theres no need for it. They already remade
    the first generation. Remaking Yellow would be
    like having another firered/leafgreen.

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    I don't think there'll be a remake for Yellow. It'd be awesome though. Getting all starters and having Pikachu following you!

Years
    Yellow OWNS, after all she is named after that game, why she wouldn't be in her own game alongside red? (both of them has a Pikachu, so that would be SO fitting!)

if there is a yellow remake, i am looking forward surfing pikachu minigame!

HOWEVER.. why i can't have a pokemon following me OUTSIDE amity square? it IS possible and could be done VERY easily..

yea i agree with that, and it is also very practical because pokemon ranger has pokemon following you along with mystery dungeon (even though you play as a pokemon you still have another pokemon following you)

A yellow remake would be an awesome game

Back