• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Yellow Remake?please?

doeboy9

This Guy Right Here
    Years
    how many of you would like to see a remake of the classic yellow version. I think its a great idea because we saw some things that till this day they havent included in an other game like having pikachu follow you and being able to have all 3 starters without having to trade for them.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I personally think Fire Red and Leaf Green are enough for a revival of the first generation.

Years
    I would love a remake, but I doubt Gamefreak will. It was an awesome game, but FireRed and LeafGreen are too much like yellow. And if they were, a gold and silver remake needs to be made before it.

C'ya!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm pretty sure Firered and Leafgreen were meant to suffice. It's pretty unlikely that a Yellow remake will ever see the light of day now. I assume if there's going to be remakes of any kind, it'll be Gold and Silver. That's what the majority of the public want; that's where the money lies.

Also, is it so hard to pick up your gameboy colour and play the game that entertained you so long ago?

Red Lily

Squadallah! We're off!
    Years
    i would love something ALONG the lines of yellow....like, not a first generation remake, cause they already have firered and leafgreen, but maybe some other generation? i dunno, im just throwing out ideas that i think would be cool...

especially that 3D idea that pidgeotmaster had. i really want a pokemon game with all the stuff in the handheld games but in 3D.

if they remade yellow, it would be good to have it like that, so its not so much of the same thing, ya know?

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I kinda doubt that Yellow will be remade since it was meant to go with the Anime. LeafGreen & FireRed are fine with me.

I do like the Yellow reference in G/S/C, as in Red's Pikachu, as well as in D/P/Pl, where you can have certain Pokemon, Pikachu included, follow you in a certain area.

doeboy9

This Guy Right Here
    Years
    i would love something ALONG the lines of yellow....like, not a first generation remake, cause they already have firered and leafgreen, but maybe some other generation? i dunno, im just throwing out ideas that i think would be cool...

especially that 3D idea that pidgeotmaster had. i really want a pokemon game with all the stuff in the handheld games but in 3D.

if they remade yellow, it would be good to have it like that, so its not so much of the same thing, ya know?

Yea that would be eally nice

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hmm. I'd highly doubt that it would ever happen... =/

Yellow was the third installment of the 1st gen games - minor expansion of R/B. It didn't have very many differences in it at all however - the ability to get all of the starters, and so forth, but not too much that made it different from R/B - most of the changes that were done were simply to ride the wave that the anime had going to encourage sales (with the anime having come from the games in the first place, heh). And those games were remade only last get in the for of FR/LG. To remake a game which is basically the original again would be unliekly to yeild all that much in new sales, and profits are the main thing Nintendo look for. Plus - the point of the additions Yellow had would no longer apply. Then it was to endorse the anime/get people to buy it so they can be Ash and get all of the starters and start with Pikachu - but now, that time was long gone. Doesn't quite fit in really - and the anime isn't as big as it once was, methinks (then was the time when Pokemon was the biggest thing ever).

Also, it'd more than likely wouldn't be on the Wii or the such in 3D. Note that the company who made last gen's and this gen's main 3D games in Colo/XD/PBR was Genius Sonority - yet all of the handheld games were made by Game Freak, who don't do stuff on the Wii. I'd doubt they would suddenly do so, let alone let another company redo a game that they made when they are definately still in business.

Down the track, maybe another remake of RB would be made, and maybe it'd have some aspects of Yellow - who knows? But I find it unlikely, and if it would happen, it would be in the distant future, seeing as they made FR/LG not so long ago. If another remake would happen, the first would most probably be a GS remake, given all of the stuff that suggests it, and that is nowhere near to being confirmed anyway.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    now thats its been mentioned, i was thinking wouldn't it have been better had they just not had re-made FireRed and LeafGreen but instead just put it together and make a Yellow- remake, i mean since Yellow is pretty much a combination of both Red and Blue.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    YES! REMAKE YELLOW!!!!
    They should also make Yellow a playable character!
    That'd be so awesome!

Seeing how the Japanese love the manga , she would be in there because they wouldn't just rehash Leaf from Fire Red and Leaf Green. Or instead ,make four Pokemon Adventures games for each region.

I would like the features of:

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon- where the battles are real time one on one or double,but when one or both faint , it goes to the typical menu for switching the Pokemon.

• Then the overworlds would be in the style of Pokemon Ranger

• The story and plot would be an adaptation of the manga

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I think their should be. All the trainer games except for these remakes had 3 games not 2. Maybe in the near future we will and it will have hoenn Pokemon in it =D! It would probably be called Thunder yellow or Electric Yellow.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Its a good Idea, like naming it after the Anime seasons. I doubt it would happen though.

~Rose-quartz Iatos

Rose quartz~
    Years

Agreed. Something LIKE it, but not EXACTLY like it.

g.narron

Banned
    Years
    YOU ALL KNOW IF THEY WERE GOING TO MAKE A REMAKE OF YELLOW IT WOULD HAVE CAME OUT ABOUT A YEAR AFTER FIRERED AND LEAFGREEN

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    a yellow remake wouldn't be too bad, but as some of you have said, it would be too much like firered and leafgreen. if it had the option to choose what pokemon followed you, that would be good.

i think a gold + silver remake would be good, because Johto hasn't been visited since crystal.
    Game Freak may not make it. but someone else could

Back