• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yes! A shiny Geodude! It's Timid, FFFFUUUUU.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • This isn't a Nature discussion jsyk. Well it is... kinda, anyway.

Ever found a shiny Pokemon and thought that everything was gonna be alright, then you see it has a hindering nature?

Ever bred a perfectly Iv'd Gible only to find out that the nature is Bold?

Share your nature warstories. ;___;

Last night I bred a perfectly Iv'd Petilil, only to find it has a Brave Nature. ;_;

Do you care about what nature a Pokemon has? [In-game/Competitive]

It honestly depends on what nature it is, if it's something neutral like Serious/Hardy/Bashful etc. It doesn't matter, however if it's something like a BRAVE PETILIL I will through a fit. :3

- ramble ramble -

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • how can you tell which nature fits? ._.

I'm still new to the whole nature thing, I'm a pokemon lover living in the Gen I playing a Gen V game. -.-

You can find lists of what natures do what online easily. (I personally use Smogon's for when I'm unsure.) Natures hinder one stat while boosting another. It's obvious that you don't want an adamant (+Atk, - Sp.Atk) Alakazam, or a timid (+Spd, - Atk) Machamp because it hinders their best stat while augmenting a stat that they don't really use.

Personally, I don't care for in-game purposes, it's only when I'm trying to breed a competitive team that I get really picky. I'll use a sassy Zubat/Crobat in-game, but when it comes to a competitive team, it has to be jolly. >:o

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I never care about what natures my pokemon have. If I caught it, it was meant to have that nature. I have never, in my entire pokemon career (is that the right word?), chose not to use a pokemon based on its nature.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I only care about natures competitively. I like to think of them as more flavor text ingame, since once you level up high enough nothing really matters ingame anyway. For example, I laugh when I think of my friend trying to breed Deinos, and every single one had the characteristic "Likes to thrash about". I know what that characteristic means, and I know why they all had it, but imagine some girl walking away from the daycare, struggling to hold 5 thrashing baby Deinos. Funniest image ever.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I hate neutral natures.
    If I catch a cool pokémon with a neutral nature, I release it and catch another one.

Even if it's rotting in my pc, it shouldn't have a neutral nature.

So most of the time, I usually don't give a damn about my pokémon's natures.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2011
    I don't really care about natures, as you can tell by my sig. But you may not believe this: Once i was playing a rental pokemon platinum game and i found a shiny bidoof, then, later, i found a shiny Zubat in a cave (neither of them found with pokeradar) I absolutely refused to believe that the Zubat was shiny, impossible! two shinies in two hours! Crazy!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I found a shiny Dialga with 2 max IV's and it was a serious nature. I couldn't tell you how frustrated I was :/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Nature warstories: I hate it when I get a Pokemon with the right nature, and that Pokemon's highest IV is the hindered stat (Hasty Pokemon with the Capable of taking hits characteristic for example)

Do you care about what nature a Pokemon has?: Most of the time, I do. For example, when a certain Pokemon is seen as Jolly competitively, I settle for Hasty or Naive if I can't be bothered spending eternity looking for the right nature.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • In game i really don't care about natures, also i don't use shinies.
    Competitive nature play a big role in your team so i try to use the most beneficial Smogon Reference for battle.
    If a shiny has a dumb nature, is useless competitive but you can use well in game play.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I'm only care with nature only if its not hondering a pokemon main stat (like Alakazam with their Spec.Attack& Speed, Aggron with their HP, Attack, & Defence,) whether I used them for competitive or not. IV? I'm not dabbled in such thing lol.

speaking a shiny with beneficial nature, I got a Shiny Durant with Impish nature. Guess I'm really lucky guy.

Back