• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"yes"I do lov u

King Boo

Hauted Artist
    Years

This is for Skie

Writen with a pen,seald with a kiss
    If u were my friend,u would awnserw me dis
    do u lov me or do u not?,u told me once but i forgot
    i had a heart dat once was ture,but not its gone,form me to u
    so take care of it,for wat i have done,now u have 2
    and i have none,so when i go to heaven and your not there
    i'll wait for u at the pearly stairs,if your not there on judgement day
    i no u went the other way,so i'll trade,my wings and all my perecious things
    just to prove love is ture,i'll go any where for u!

KeeperEUSC

I Truely Love You, Jiggly
    Years
    Spell Check.
    One button.
    That's all you would've had to pressed to avoid looking like an idiot.

Unless that was the angle you were going for:
    "Haha i luv dis girl an so i wroted a poem four her on dis site so its kinda about pokemon"

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
    ... You should talk.

But anyways, yeah you misspelled several words, forgot to put in proper punctuation marks and... you used Chat Speak. Your score:

-0/10

=/

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    Gosh, you guys could at least leave constructive criticism. Duh. (BTW, that wasn't aimed at you, Fallen)

Shadow Rayquaza, the syllabic content is good, and it rhymes well. It makes sense, too, but I'd just suggest spellchecking your words and perhaps not use netspeak next time. I'd say you did a pretty good job =]

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Chuchino said:
    Gosh, you guys could at least leave constructive criticism. Duh. (BTW, that wasn't aimed at you, Fallen)
    At least they took the time to read it... and the one actual criticism you made in your post was the same as theirs. o_O;

As far as I can tell, the theme of your poem a neurotic sort of love or desperation. I like it, anyway, but it's very easy to read.

Anyways it looks like those "sp errors" were done on purpose as a part of his style.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Kylie-chan said:
    Yeah, but 22sa, they were nastier about it.
    I think they'll take that as a compliment, lol.

Nastier = more exciting XP

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    And once again, the lameness of poetry shows up. Any possible "errors" such as spelling mistakes can always be justified as "it's done for poetic purposes. You just don't get it." That's why I hate poems x_x;

Another way to look at the "mistakes beyond count and belief" is that it's ironic. Here he is talking about all this great expression of love in the form of a poem, yet it is filled with the simplest errors that even google's english translation of a japanese poem will have less grammar mistakes than this english poem. One can defend this poem by saying that it's ironic, and that the author doesn't mean anything he say at all. He doesn't show the effort to do these simple tasks in the name of this "great love." In the end, love is worth less than the time needed to do a quick scan for a spell check. Love is nothing but a casual play.

And if I got banned in the name of "this review is too harsh" I'll be too proud of myself ^______^

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    lol liek ppl r so rude.

i liek the poem cuz its liek writtn in a lnaguage i cna understend.
    besides, u ppl try to luk smart with ur grammar lol geeks hueheuhu!!1

The grammar is just a sugar coating on a cake. The meaning is what really counts, in a poem.
    You could have corrected it in a much simplier way, but you guys had to look smart for your 5 seconds of 'glory'... way to fail.

Anyways, 6/10 is my rating. :]

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    And grammar got no effect on meaning since year...???

If "mom" and "mother" are enough to twist the entire connotation of a sentence, then I can't see why can't "u" and "you" hold the same effect...

Grammar will always matter in literature, because every single character (letters, punctuations and spaces alike) will contribute in one way or another in a piece of writing.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    wow. you seem very intelligent! That post proved it.

Written with a pen, sealed with a kiss
    If you were my friend, you would answer me this
    do you love me or do you not? You told me once, but i forgot
    I had a heart that once was true, but now its gone, from me to you
    so take care of it, for what I have done, now you have two
    and I have none, so when I go to heaven and you're not there
    I'll wait for you at the pearly stairs; if you're not there on judgement day
    I know you went the other way; so I'll trade my wings and all my precious things
    just to prove love is true, I'll go anywhere for you!

Now, if you tell me you did not understand it before, you're a dumbass. Even if you tell me that it changed by much, you're a dumbass, so yeah, you're a dumbass either way for trying to sound smart.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Is the literal meaning the same? basically...

Is the connotative meaning the same? far from it...

Understanding a piece of literature by its literal denotative meaning is one way to read, but it's definitely not the only thing reviewers should consider when s/he is reviewing a piece of work. If everything is only taken to the literal level, then every and anyone who uses symbolism are not making any sense already. Yet, symbolism is by far one of the strongest mechanism in writing, so it must have its own strenght that even surpass the denotative meaning of itself.

I understand both your version and Shadow Rayquaza's "poems." However, I am definitely not sharing the same meaning in-between the two of them.

Thank you for the praises. Frosty shall be flattered by them. ;)

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Sigh. Hypocrisy.

NiNGi said:
    lmfao.

Trying to kill my braincells with your professor talk won't work.

You are a dumbass, and that's final. =D

And you aren't (an attention seeking person who can't seem to accept opinions)?

Warned. Please don't bash. =D

Also, no matter how hard you try, grammar will never become obsolete. It's what makes the work presentable, in most cases.

Oh oh, and also, don't insult people without justifying your reasons (this accounts for everyone from hereby forth). Frostweaver was explaining a very simple concept; I'm assuming you dismissed without ever bothering to back up your lacking post. Please refrain from doing that. It doesn't make the person you insult look like the know-it-all...Only you. ^_^

Last edited:

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    lol, warned! <3

Attention seeking person? I doubt it. I just did what I had to... defending someone whos good attempt to make poetry was crushed by some 'omfgimaleetprofessor' kind of person.

Oh, and you might have some reading problems or something (dislexia?), because I've actually explained the same thing you just said about grammar's purpose. I never said it's obsolete or non-relevant. Learn to read plz kthx <3
    And note that I've actually justified the reasons for calling him a DUMBASS. It was legitimate, more than your warning was. :]

Btw, writing is a mean of communication. If a point is written in a language non comprehensible to me, it does nothing but causing me brain damage, which I already have plenty. Kids like to look like they're smart, don't they? =D

I lol'd @ the semi-perfect... <3

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Quote time! =D

NiNGi said:
    lol, warned! <3

Lovely. <3

Attention seeking person? I doubt it. I just did what I had to... defending someone whos good attempt to make poetry was crushed by some 'omfgimaleetprofessor' kind of person.

Sugar coating criticism?...no. The writer will never improve then. There are harsher critics than Frostweaver, and your review itself was partially critical... o_O;

Oh, and you might have some reading problems or something (dislexia?), because I've actually explained the same thing you just said about grammar's purpose. I never said it's obsolete or non-relevant. Learn to read plz kthx <3

Oh no. I'm illiterate. Whatever shall I do?

Actually, I just said the obsolete part on my own account. Since you mentioned grammar was merely 'sugar coating,' it sounded like it didn't matter in your perspective. ^_^; My apologies for that.

Oh, and I've actually justified the reasons for calling him a DUMBASS. It was legitimate, more than your warning was. :]

Now, if you tell me you did not understand it before, you're a dumbass. Even if you tell me that it changed by much, you're a dumbass, so yeah, you're a dumbass either way for trying to sound smart.

Never knew that word could fit so many times in a paragraph.

Trying to kill my braincells with your professor talk won't work.

You are a dumbass, and that's final. =D

Ironically, professors are usually smart.

I lol'd @ the semi-perfect... <3

Aw, thanks. <3

If you disagreed with what he wrote, please don't turn it into bashing, and instead state so rationally without the use of 'dumbass.' That only makes you look like the culprit, which I hope is not the intentional case. So please, no more flaming. =/

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Well, I'm gonna have to go with Frost on this one, poetry DOES depend a lot on the meaning, but not only that. Presentation is in an important factor. When I saw how the poem in question was written, it almost made we want to skip right over it because I knew that it would be trouble enough just to figure out what the writer was saying.

Also, I see no justification for calling someone a curse word, which, if you read the rules, which you probably didn't, is against them. Maybe you should go check over them again. Just because you gave these "reasons" for calling him a name, that really doesn't mean that you're allowed to do it. Just refrain from doing it, does acting like a child really make anyone want to listen to you? Certainly not me. =D

Now, that's over, I'll rate the poem ^^;; It was a very well-written piece, but the fact that chatspeak was used kinda tuned down my score o.O

1.5-2/10

(I don't normally review poems, but when I saw this I just had to say something o.O)

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    I'm not bashing anyone... dumbasses have rights too, I respect that...

I've criticized the grammar, then I corrected the poem for those [insert word to replace dumbasses] who were too busy looking smart to try and understand the meaning of the poem.

I don't usually criticize poetry, so I didn't really correct his mistakes at first. The first thing that I did was correcting the [insert word to replace dumbasses] that avoided correcting his mistakes for their personal amusement.

But meh, I always knew the mods were 'not very competent' around here... ;]

And LOL, this place is filled with such Hitler-like rules for not offending kids, and yet, the poetry forum is filled with anything but constructive criticism.

funny ****. =D

EDIT: @Tyson

Ignorance is a veeery bad thing. I was around in this place since quite a while, so I think I know the rules well enough...

Well, sir, you fail.

Back