• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Yet Another) Writer's/Artist's Club

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Same with my depression problem. I used to keep everything inside, and now I have IBS. Its...don't know what you could call it. Anyway, it basically means that all my stressing out ate away at the weakest part of my body (my stomache) and now, if I ever eat red meat, dairy products, eggs, or anything hard to digest, it comes right back up or it makes me sick for days (not to mention making my PMS symptoms 10X worse.). But I find, when I write in like a journal, or even a fiction story, it helps me keep the stress from building up. It's nice to (sort of)talk to someone who seems to understand.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • My problems never got that severe, and if it did, I don't know what I would do. I love my steak and milk. But, yes, I have been, and am at times, emotionally imbalanced. I've never been one for stress, but anger (as said above) or world-weariness...That's a different issue.

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    I tried really hard not to get angry. Whenever I did, I felt so guilty that I didn't know what to do with myself. Whenever I get emotionally imbalanced, I try to distance myself from others. I'm the type who'll start crying for no reason after a build-up of a lot of things and then try to give a stupid excuse for it, simply because I know they'll never understand. I suppose you could call that a case of angst. Is that what you mean by world weariness?

~Ozy~

Years
  • Well, somewhat. More what I'm talking about is when, particularly if you haven't done anything in a while, you start thinking "Have I done everything I want to do? Is my life complete, in effect?" That's one of the nastiest feelings I know of, mainly because it leaves nothing in you after a while.

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    I get those occasionally, but I can usually shake it off by telling myself that I'm young, I have plenty of time, all that jazz; even if I don't really believe it. Although, I do get those a lot more in the summer. But it wasn't so bad this time around, since I had Driver's Ed and all.

Wow, I really feel like I'm starting to blubber a bit. Perhaps it's time for me to turn in. It's creeping up on 3:00am where I am.

Last edited:

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Well, this thread's getting cold again; guess it's time I try to revive it. So let's see...what to talk about? Anyone have any ideas for a new topic of conversation?

~Ozy~

Years
  • Not really...Oh, well, I am writing something about my experiences in Japan. I'll put it up when it's done, I suppose.

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    That sounds good. Oh, that reminds me, I was going to put yours and Oni Flygon's work here, the ones you sent me, that is. I've just been putting it off, since it's a lot of typing.

I guess, this is something to talk about; I picked up my schedule this wednesday, and I got into the creative writing class I wanted. I'm really looking forward to it, especially since the same English teacher I got last year is teaching it. Maybe when I start getting writing assignments, I can bounce ideas off of you. You seem to know what you're talking about in terms of writing.(I suppose I'm kind of directing this post towards you since you and I are the only one's who ever post here. Wonder what happened; Am I that scary?;) )

~Ozy~

Years
  • Nah, not really. The whole R-shipping aspect is a bit creepy at first but you aren't militant about it or anything. Lordy, the Internet sucks at friendly teasing. I could get in touch with Mew13, she should come back.

As for scheduling, well, mine was a bit of an issue. I got Newspaper, but they didn't put me in Japanese 3. So I had to go and yell at my counseler about it and that's never fun. But hey, I did get out of Personal survival first semester and I got my two favorite LA teachers. But I don't have Creative Writing 'till second semester. *pout*

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Yeah, I'm thinking of changing my title; I have no idea what to change it to, however. If you think you can get a hold of Mew13, that'd be good. Have'nt seen her in a while. Firefly says she might post here too.

I got into Newspaper myself, but only second semester. I signed up for choir too, but I might change out of it so I can take newspaper both semesters. Because of this weird block schedule thing they're starting this year, I can take creative writing 2 second semester if I can get a hold of my counselor to change my schedule. So, when does school start for you? We start a week from thursday.

~Ozy~

Years
  • We start the 18th, a Wednesday. Bit odd, but eh, I'm cool with an extra two days off. And with Lit History first period, I'm looking at a nice way to wake up.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Lit history first period? Must be nice. Unless I change my schedule, I'll have choir first period. Firefly wants me to change to biology first period, which would be nice, since there would be someone I knew in class with me. I took bio for only one semester before going "homebound" last year, so I have to take biology again; and with the same teacher too :\ . But, it's only for one semester, so it's not that bad.

~Ozy~

Years
  • Yeah, it is. I like the teacher too. Here's my full schedule. Pay no attention to the teacher names, though.

1: World Lit History-Boshart
    2: Japanes 3/4-Bozic (of course)
    3: Early Brit Lit-Blackard
    4: AP World History-Klein
    5: Algebra 1-Brady
    6: Off
    7: Off
    8: Newspaper-Boshart

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Here's mine:

Semester One
    Choir
    Creative Writing
    Geometry
    Biology

Semester Two
    Choir
    Mythology
    Newspaper
    World History

Where it says "off", are those free periods or something?
    I got the same teacher for creative writing that I got for English last year, so I'm happy :) .
    You know, I end up changing my schedule at least once a year; It'll probably be totally different about a week from now; mostly the same classes in a diff order.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    No, I'm a Sophomore this year; it's that Block schedule their implementing. We go from 8:25 to 3:25, and each class is an hour and a half long. We get full credit for attending a class for only one semester. Let's see, your sixteen, so I'm guessing your a...junior, right?

~Ozy~

Years
  • Yep, I'm a Junior. Anyway, we have a block schedule too, except Mondays. then we alternate classes Tuesday through Friday. 7:25 to 2:10 unless you've got an off first, second, seventh, or eighth.

falling up+
    Years
  • hmm i hate to but in on this two peeps convo...we always had that crap schedule of 7 classes per day from 8-3. The one where you get swamped with homework...thank god thats all behind me now i get to be swamped with hw in college! yay! :dead:

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    The Adamant Dodger said:
    Yep, I'm a Junior. Anyway, we have a block schedule too, except Mondays. then we alternate classes Tuesday through Friday. 7:25 to 2:10 unless you've got an off first, second, seventh, or eighth.

Yeah, we had that kind of scheudule last year, when they were trying to start it up. I think this one will work out better for me. Last year was the first year my school had this new schedule, and, lucky us, we were the first freshmen to try it out. The older teachers still had their lesson plans for their fifty minute classes, so we spent most of the time watching the clock or doing busy work. Of course, there were those teachers who just started last year and had everything together; wasn't fortunate enough to get one of those, though.

And welcome to this thread, 003. I don't recall as you've ever posted here before :) . I actually liked that schedule of 7 classes a day, since it meant I didn't have to sit through an hour and a half of math, which can be either terribly boring or really hard, for me at least, since I hate that subject. I know you probably haven't been there long, judging by the dates, but hows college life?

Back