• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Y'Ever Done This?

Have You Ever?

• Yes I have.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • No I haven't... but sounds fun...

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • No, that's just crazy...

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Burgers and Fries O.o

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Dark Banette

♫♫♫♪♪
Years
  • I've never tried this, and I never will. I would probably find a shiny Shinx or Starly in the beginning of the game and not be able to save. D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    the process is just too long so i wouldnt try it :P
    so i say no...and i think its a mad idea

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • Oh! My cousin and I had a contest one time! We tried to stay up all night and see who could get farthest without saving. That was on Sapphite/Ruby though, so I haven't done it in Diamond/Pearl.
    Who won and how far did you/they get?

I probably have played a new file without saving, but I don't see a point. I'd rather be training my current Pokemon than starting over only to erase everything later. But I did restart Emerald - I'm playing as the girl (who I named May because I couldn't come up with anything better).

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • I did this for a while, I don't think I got very far though. I think I might have to try this sgain. Afterall, you don't really need to save as you could just put the DS into Sleep mode while you err... sleep!

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2008
    Never done that before, and I don't think I'd have the patience to. I did used to restart my old games a lot though and replay the entire thing without transfering my Pokes.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I did that once because I thought you could start again that easy but you have to delete the game on the main screen which I found out after training a starly solid for 2 hours ¬.¬

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2008
    ive never done it with my diamond, but i did used to do it all the time in my old gold version

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • I've done it before on my emerald, I got to about the 3rd or 4th gym and i just stopped, cuz it was boring

Nah.I don't want to even RISK with the most itty-bitty chance that my game could get messed up.
    It does sound fun,though.I did this with Sapphire.

Lol..how will it mess up your game? All you are doing is not saving. o_o

Appletun

Trucy Wright ★★
    Years
  • Yup hehe! I always get to about the third gym, and get bored. xD Its fun at first though. I always pick turtwig. xD

Back