• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] Monarchs

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    M
    3x Blue Eyes
    2x Caius the Shadow Monarch
    2x Granmarg the Rock Monarch
    2x Mobious the Frost Monarch
    2x Raiza the Storm Monarch
    2x Thelastos the Firestorm Monarch
    2x Zaborg the Thunder Monarch

S
    3x Ancient Rules
    3x Masoleum of the Emperor
    3x Pot of Duality
    3x Terraforming
    2x Double Summon

T
    3x Dark Bribe
    3x Reckless Greed
    2x Threatening Roar
    2x Ultimate Offering
    1x Torrental Tribute

Extra
    1x Number 25: Force Focus
    1x Number 6: OOPArts' Atlanthal
    1x Photon Strike Bounzer
    1x Thunder End Dragon
    1x Number 40: Gimmick Puppet - Heavens' Strings
    1x Heratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis

Side
    3x Swift Scarecrow
    2x Autonomous Action Unit
    1x Monster Reborn
    2x Call of the Haunted
    2x Chain Destruction
    2x Chain Disapperance
    2x Mystical Space Typhoon
    1x Solemn Warning

More experimental crap from the bottom of my deck folder.

Let the (R/H)ating commence.

Blueeyes and ACR were my last minute 'Meh, might as well." additions. I'm planning to remove those anyway, so suguest stuff to replace those cards with.

The basic idea of this deck is to cycle through the Monarch's to keep the opponents field (relatively) clear, and hopefully be able to take direct potshots at them.

My tests for this deck have been 'meh' I pick up steam fast, manage to push my opponent back for the first couple of turns, but after that I lose momentum, and a couple of turns later the duel. The monarchs are one off's so while cycling through them lets me get a early lead, I can never keep that lead.

This is my first attempt at a Monarch deck.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The Monarchs, except for Delg and Kuraz (who are seldom or not used), only get their effects when they're Tribute Summoned. You seem to be lacking Tribute fodder here. Here are some monsters that can help generate Tribute fodder for you, as well as other cards to consider:
    -Treeborn Frog (revives itself from the grave during your Standby Phase if you have no Spells and Traps)
    -Battle Fader (Special Summons itself from the hand and ends an opposing Battle Phase when your opponent attacks you directly. Can be tributed for a Monarch on the next turn)
    -Swap Frog (gets Treeborn Frog into the Graveyard when summoned)
    -Gravekeeper's Spy (Special Summons another Gravekeeper from the deck when flipped, preferably another Spy)
    -Gorz the Emissary of Darkness (stops OTKs, the token can be tributed for a Monarch)
    -Level Eater (can Special Summon itself from the grave by reducing the level of one of your level 5+ monsters)
    -Effect Veiler (even though she doesn't generate Tribute fodder, she can temporarily halt an Effect monster's effect)

Take out:
    -Zaborg (he's outclassed by Caius now)
    -Blue Eyes (why are they even in there?)
    -Terraforming and Mausoleum (as mentioned above, most Monarchs get their effects only when they're Tribute Summoned)
    (replace the Spells with Dark Hole/Monster Reborn)

This is only the second time I rated a Yu-Gi-Oh deck, so someone else can point out some things I may have missed or expand on them.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Yeah, PlatinumDude is correct iirc - you can't use Mausoleum to activate Monarchs' effects, unfortunately. Furthermore, you only really need 6-7 or so Monarchs at most to actually play the deck - the advantage generated is relentless enough not to need other game-enders (you could, however, play cards like Obelisk or whatever - Obelisk is a huge annoyance in particular =[).

I recommend a Fronarch shell to support this with. Something involving Swap Frog, Treeborn Frog, Dupe Frog, and Ronintoadin. Tribute fodder is important, as is protection like Tragoedia, Battle Fader, and Gorz. Don't play GK Spy or Level Eater though, those are kinda bad for this deck.

Generally you want a mix of 3 Caius 3 Raiza 2 Mobius - other Tribute Monsters are good too, you know! (like Dark Dust Spirit and Vanity's Fiend) Monarchs are fun to play regardless of what you decide to add.

Back