• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO]Worst Card Ever

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Actually, speaking of worthless Kuriboh, if it weren't for the fact that I'm fairly sure that it's anime only I'd say Kuribabilon is the most crappy monster out there. Seriously, you call it to the field by summoning the five Kuribo brothers, some of whom have effects that are actually useful, and then you combine them together to form a monster with (Oh heavens! It's too powerful!) 1500 ATTACK! *collective gasp*. I think I speak for everyone when I say that I'm glad that this particular gem has not hit booster packs yet.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Aitsu is still worse. :P Even its Union pretty hard to summon, this monster the most pathetic tribute monster to summon.

Nyu, not really. Aitsu's Atk can be bumped up to 3000 if you get his buddy out, and both are easily searchable by recruiter. Ocubeam, on the other hand, has an Atk that is just a bit too high for the recruiter trick and doesn't have anything to make it even remotely useful. So yeah, I maintain that Ocubeam is suckier than Ansatsu and that both are even suckier than the random origami critters. xP

And yeah, I agree that Kuriboh certainly isn't useless. That hand tribute effect can really save your skin against OTKO decks because they don't have any means to negate it. Demise OTKO just doesn't look as hot when that Megamorphed Doom Dozer has its attack negated and is left sitting there for monster removal to sweep it up, ooor if Demise is negated - assuming that Dozer went first - in which case you'll be the one with less lifepoints, leaving the little bug vulnerable to being royally owned even by recruites with its far from impressive 1400 Atk. In the days of the random Stein, Kuriboh could also - theoretically - have served that function. Plus, it's a Dark Fiend monster so in tributing it you can also build up for Dark Necrofear or that new chaos monster whatshisface (You know, the one that requires a couple of dark fiends and one light fairy as tribute? You could actually summon him by a combination of Kuriboh and Winged Kuriboh.). Kuriboh's benefits are situational, of course, but they're still there. Now why don't you try to find something like that for Ocubeam?

Also, what the heck is Kuribabilion and what does it do? o.O

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Like I said, pretty sure it's anime only. Basically, in the anime there are five "Kuriboh brothers", each with a different ability, that can only be summoned by using the card "Rainbow Star" while Kuriboh is on the field, and they unite into the ultimate Kuriboh fusion of Kuribabilon. It's situational, must have a combo played in order to get it on the field, and only has fifteen hundred attack points. I'm sure everyone will join me in saying "What's wrong with this picture"?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    How about The Wicked Worm Beast?

I bet you're gonna give me a response like Creature Swap works with it.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years

Well, it does. :P Also, let's not forget that the same goes for Mystic Box. I also seem to recall someone having come up with a use for it, but I can't for the life of me remember what. xP

I bet you're still not gonna come up with a use for Ocubeam.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    I think Blue eys Shining is the worst as well, you need at least 4 bewd's and 2 polymerizations, it doesn't have a good attack and defence either.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    I think Blue eys Shining is the worst as well, you need at least 4 bewd's and 2 polymerizations, it doesn't have a good attack and defence either.

Uhh...no you don't. All you need is a Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon (Which can be brought out through Dragon's Mirror, Future Fusion, or even The Light - Hex-sealed Fusion) and Shining itself in your hand. Why the heck would you need two Polymerization cards? And where on earth did you get that 4 BEWDs bit? Back in Stein's days you could have gotten that without having a single BEWD in your deck, and nowadays you can still get away with two by using a fusion material substitute like Beastking of the Swamp or one of the Hex-Sealed Fusions. Also, you're saying that 3000 Atk + 300 more for every dragon in your graveyard isn't any good? Lol, please learn the game before making asertions like that. Decks that run 3000+ Atk monsters nowadays are an exception rather than a rule, and if not for the ridiculous tribute requirement Blue-Eyes Shining would be a regular addition to decks because of it's immunity to all designating card effects. It's far better than stuff like Aitsu or Ocubeam. xP

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years

Actually, there IS a Wicked Worm Beast deck and it doesn't use Creature Swap. It emphasizes on having an empty monster field by having all of your monsters return to the hand by the end of your turn, effectively turning all the triple smashing ground, triple chaos sorcerer and triple cyber dragon (the main light food of chaos) useless and stuck in the hand. However, this deck fades out quickly because it was invented around the same time as the random stein era begins.

True that Ocubeam maybe one of the most pathetic monster, with 50 off recruiter limit and a defense weaker than Shapesnatch XD; Hm...

Ocubeam is Advanced Ritual Art food!

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    How about Destruction of Destiny. Burn yourself for getting rid of 3 cards.

I bet someone's gonna say it works with Barrel Behind the Door or that it works with Bazoo the Soul-Eater. :\

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Yup, that card also has value because many Destiny Heroes like to be sent off to the graveyard (Just think about Malicious and Disc Commander) and the dump makes it that much faster. It ain't card trooper, but still. xP Also, there is - of course - Treeborn Frog who likes to get dumped and Bazoo and Skull Lair who like to see large graveyards to remove from. Personally, my money is still on Ocubeam and Morinphen (Although the latter is fodder for a more powerful tribute summon (I.e. Necrofear)). :3

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    The worst? Zanki (Level 5/Earth ATK: 1500 DEF: 1700). A variety of monsters nowadays have at least 1700 ATK and if not they have effects counter their low attack. Since it's Earth, it's not searchable by Sangan (if it only searches Dark types) and Mystic Tomato. I might be missing something that could be good about it.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    ya, the best use, if at all, is getting rid of some monster on your field, but still, there are far better things for it...ya most of the 5-6 crap stat, no effect tributes suck XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    1500 is just searchable by Sangan, and it's searchable by giant rat. At least it's searchable. the 1550 atk is the worse one possible.

Back