• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Yomama's Toolbox - I'm Back! (for real this time ;P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
Years
  • Hey everyone! It's SO good to be back here!!! I'm sure you all know me from the ROM Hacking scene, and a DPP Pokemon trading mall in the past. Well, I'm back, and I'm here to stay. I guarantee you 100% I'm not leaving this time.

I've delved deeper into programming, I'm sure you'll be thrilled to know. I'm actually working on a huge program right now. Here's the concept:

I'm creating a program that will contain hundreds (possibly thousands) of different functions to replace other programs such as iTunes, Audacity, etc. etc. I want to include as many "mini-programs" in this as I can. I'm simply taking the ideas of other already made programs, writing them on my own, and compiling them into one place - I call it "Arcticfang's Suitopia". The reason I've come back here is simple. I'm including a section in this Suite for ROM Hacking/Game Editing. As previously stated, I want to include AS MANY things as possible, so I'm looking for suggestions! Tell me exactly what kind of tool you would want. It doesn't just have to be for the Metallic generation like before - I want to span across ALL of the Pokemon games now.

So if you want a tool (and I know you do! there were countless suggestions in my old thread that I will include in this post soon) for ANY of the Pokemon games, post here and I'll update my "to-do list".

Also, if you can think of any other function that would be useful for the Suite, post here as well! It can be anything and everything.

If nothing at all, at least stop by and say hi to your old friend! :D

Years
  • welcome back =)

i don't know if you want the hex tables like you used to, and i haven't started looking for them, but could you make a level up attack modifier for g/s/c?

triplexh18

call me Oscizor
    Years
  • Vaporware?

Something that changes battle music for trainers,gym leaders,rivals,etc.
    like i said in the previous thread giving them themes like legendary dogs theme for a particular gym leader

a TM/HM modifier(since the one i currently have doesn't work when actually playing)

something similar to a-mart or an item editor(same reason as tm/hm)

that's really all i want at the moment

jpower8500

Rom hacker/psp homebrew maker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    A world map editor and a new overworld editor(becuase if i put in a new sprite and put the pallet in it dan i must make te ow again)and for the world map editor(It is hard to do it with unzl gba and i want a program wich allows you do load je world map en your ready and i don't like that tilesets method)

FinalZero

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    I'm creating a program that will contain hundreds (possibly thousands) of different functions to replace other programs such as iTunes, Audacity, etc. etc.
    Why do you have the urge to replace these programs that work fine already? (And please don't tell me you plan to write all this stuff in VB!)

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • Why do you have the urge to replace these programs that work fine already? (And please don't tell me you plan to write all this stuff in VB!)

To compile everything into one place, as I said. :P It's actually being written in C++. Not sure if I said VB or not in that post. lol

As to everyone that has suggested, thanks a ton! :D

FinalZero

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    It's actually being written in C++.
    Thank goodness you're using a real programming language.

To compile everything into one place, as I said.
    I just find it hard to believe that you're not going to get tired from rewriting hunderds programs that already work fine. To use a cliché, I think you're biting off a lot more than you can chew, and that's an understatement. Do you even know how to start programming something like a sound/music recorder?

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • lol Well, I think VB is a fine programming language, but obviously C++ is a lot more powerful.

It's honestly just a personal project that I thought I'd share with everyone. I really don't plan to have it done anytime soon. I'm doing it small steps at a time. It's meant to be for my personal use, solely made for me and my needs, but I posted it because I'm sure all of the features will be useful to other people as well. Plus it will be completely free - one thing that some of those other programs are not.

FinalZero

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    lol Well, I think VB is a fine programming language, but obviously C++ is a lot more powerful.
    C++ is fine as long as you don't start adding confusing inheritence and overloading operators with strange commands. VB just feels a joke no matter what you do though imo.

It's honestly just a personal project that I thought I'd share with everyone. I really don't plan to have it done anytime soon. I'm doing it small steps at a time. It's meant to be for my personal use, solely made for me and my needs, but I posted it because I'm sure all of the features will be useful to other people as well. Plus it will be completely free - one thing that some of those other programs are not.
    Everything is free on the internet. =p Just keep in mind, you can always suggest ideas for improvements to a program to the developers instead of forging your own program, which will be immensly difficult. Just realize that big programs take teams of people years to create, maintain, and add to...

Last edited:

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • Indeed. However, I started out with VB, and therefore I still use it from time to time. ^_~

Not everyone knows how to torrent effectively mate. XP

Oh btw, you should check out my PokeCommunity Greasemonkey Scripts thread in the General Pokemon forum. Tell me what you think.

FinalZero

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    Indeed. However, I started out with VB, and therefore I still use it from time to time. ^_~
    You should banish it back to the deep forever!

Not everyone knows how to torrent effectively mate. XP
    Indeed; Many people are computer illiterate.

Oh btw, you should check out my PokeCommunity Greasemonkey Scripts thread in the General Pokemon forum. Tell me what you think.
    I'll take a look sometime in the next couple days.

jpower8500

Rom hacker/psp homebrew maker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    Could you make a programm to change the pokemon in the titelscreen like the program from d-trogh (he did'nt relaese it)

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I've been looking for a map editor like advanced map but for pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum.

THat would be impossible, as they are 3D graphics, and you would have to be nintendo themselves to edit them

I've been looking for a map editor like advanced map but for Gold/Silver/Crystal, GoldMap is not that good, and considering that everyone is obbsessed with hacking FireRed, it seems that there wont be one

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2012
    if you could make a tool that can make like rooms and events and allow you to make unique sort of events that would be so awesome and before anyone says anything i know poketronic makes events but im not sure how to make whole rooms on Advance map...

Xtrude

Gamer
    Years
  • best tool would be a tool that allows you to edit Pokemon battle sprites, icons all from the program, trainers as well.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • How about A map tool, like advance map, but for Gold/silver/crystal, Goldmap does not work very well, and It cannot change the tile graphics or the links to other areas (note, Crystal has diffrent coding for maps and larger tilesets), it may take a while, but I know you can do it

Also a GSC Overworld Sprite editor that can edit all the overworld sprites in GSC, for all 3 versions

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2010
    how about a standalone, cross-platform pokemon engine?-- much like the MUGEN fighting engine? instead of hacking each new ROM the we get our hands on, it would only amount to sprite- and music- rippage. new moves/abilitie/behaviours should also be easily extendable, if the core is written correctly. course... that would take forever and a day to do D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back