• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You are being made homeless - what do you do?

Capricorn

Pokecommunity Maniac
Years
  • If i was in this situation, lol, I'd go to a family member. I have so many that i can switch every 6 days and start at the same person two months later.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • I actually wish I could stay with family, to be honest, I've had lots of arguments with them and neither of em want much to do with me any more. Long story, don't really want to get into it. As for friends, I've asked most of the people I know, they either don't have the space or just aren't willing for whatever reason.

Finding a job in this town is like a needle in a haystack job. It took me about 7-8 months to get into my last job.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • Tent's Ftl to cold and Bad man.

Go see if you can live with some family or something.

Hope everything works out

Munashii

~kyoshoku
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    I'm sorry about that situation, Toothache. Hopefully, things will somehow look up.

Anyway, I'm still living with my family. However, I've camped before and if there was really no other solution to it, I'd camp. However, it's fairly easy to get a job here so I doubt I'll ever go homeless. Good luck to you!

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Toothache said:
    This is the question I am facing now.

Yeah, it's my own stupid fault really. Actually I blame the council, because they messed up my housing details. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I wasn't getting enough hours at work to pay my rent, although the housing people though I was earning more. Over time, this accumulated to quite a large amount.

So, I gotta pay that back. The rent isn't increasing thanks to Housing Benefit, but I have to be out of the place in a few weeks. Which gives me little time to find somewhere to stay.

I dunno what you would do, but here is what I plan to do.

1. Buy a tent, and lots of camping equipment
    2. Sell all non-essential items that I have (pretty much everything).
    3. Live out of said tent until I find a place.

I'll have to find someone to look after my cat, but I know a couple of people who are willing, so that's ok.

Moral of the story: Always pay your rent, kids.

Anyway, if you were faced with this situation, what would you do?
    Awww! ;___; -hugs- I wish I could help! Even if you aren't getting on with your parents, they should help you anyway!

Wow, the tent thing reminds me of Fruits Basket [Tohru is orphaned and she has to move out of her grandfather's house, so she lives in a tent until she moves in with some of the Sohmas.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    My family was almost in your exact situation a few years ago...the owners of the Apartment Complex unexpectedly hiked the rent from $900 a month to just about $2000 a month. The news came on such short notice, that we had no time to make any plans. Long story short it became unaffordable...and we had to move out and became homeless for a few months.

There are some Social Service Agencies that can help you though...one program we joined was for assisting the homeless. Basically it's a program for homeless people were they can live in different local Churches for a while until the people can get on their footing again. They can help you find affordable housing in your state.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Right, sorry I've not updated in a while, been chasing everything from pillar to post with little luck. I'm one step closer to saving myself, but I'll give you the lowdown on what's happened.

According to the DWP (Department for Work and Pensions), I was still registered in my old job, even though I hadn't been there for over a month let alone working or getting any money. This procluded me from getting any sort of state benefit until such time as I was officially signed off work, even though I was still signing at the job centre to say I was unemployed. Needless to say, I've had no income in over a month, and been getting along foodwise by selling all the stuff I could (mostly computer games, although I got a couple of bits of jewelry if this carries on). So, yeah.

Thankfully, once they get a letter from work, I'll be able to get money I am entitled to backdated, so I'll be getting around £300 all at once. Conveniently, this will be just enough to clear my debt. So therefore, I will be debt-free and they won't kick me out. Bonus. So, I'm waiting on my old boss to get into work, I went in yesterday and he apparently won't be around until later today, so by the time he appears I'll probably have to wait til Friday morning for a letter. But once that's done, I'll get some cash.

This whole mess has left me seriously depressed and apathetic though, so it's been a struggle to do the simplest of things. It's all of everything all at once combined with no money and little food.

Oh yeah, and I find out my girlfriend is going out with someone else now. Talk about kicking a man while he's down.

Never mind depressed, I'm on the verge of suicidal.

Apart from that, I'm alive, at least for now.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • I feel immense sympathy for you, Toothache. I'm very sorry all this happened to you, and I hope that everything will be made better once you receive the money you were entitled to and are able to clear the debt. I wish you luck in the future, as well as for things to be sorted out again in your life. I don't know your religious beliefs or anything, but in any case, I will pray for you.

Maera12

:D
    Years
  • I`m sorry to hear that Toothache. Same thing happened to one of our family members, he ended up living with us. ^_^

If I were homeless, I swear I wouldn`t take things too seriously. I wouldn`t beg or anything like that, there is always my family members... which hopefully would allow me to stay with them while everything gets back to normal. Well, that`s just me. *lol* But I`m not homeless right now, so I shouldn`t really worry. But It could happen, since life is basically full of surprises~ good or bad.

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
  • Not to be funny or anythig but according to some survey, beggers make more money than some people with normal jobs. Some of them are real professional in the art of invoking human sorrow, using techniques such as faked blindless, deliberately torn clothes and even no shirts in the coldest of night.

I don't believe that mumbo jumbo though. How can the poor people be richer than the rich? In monetary terms, of course.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • BTW, I hate the word sorry so don't use it in this thread please. It's not a call for sympathy, it's a letting you all know what's happening kinda thread. Sorry doesn't change anything, and it's none of your faults so guilt isn't an issue.

Okay? :-)

Back