• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen "You don't have to press the B button anymore!"

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
  • I find this feature pretty convenient. Back then when I had to press the B button all the time I got addicted to it and never let it go, even during bike riding and battling o_O

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • Funny thing actually, I had it turned on from the beginning, but starting from Olivine or so, I found myself pressing the B button anyway...

I turned it off because I felt empty inside. XD

Draganera

lolwhut? :D
    Years
  • I love this feature! It's pretty useful, I want it in Black/White too. ;___;

And to be honest: I can't see the difference between bicycle and running shoes in HG/SS.(about the speed) o.o~

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2015
    I found myself switching between using the button and holding down 'b'. It was a conflict of old vs. new. Eventually I stuck with the button, though. Which made B/W difficult.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I really loved this, it was a nice little tweak and you didn't have to keep hold of B whilst running, which you still could anyway, so yeah. I still the use the bike anyway. xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    It is a nice feature. You get a bit used to it but it isn't game changing.
    But I don't like that the encounter rate is higher in SS/HG when you run. Thats a bit annoying.
    Normally I use it allways since it is more convient except when I don't want to get attacked by wild Pokes (and trainers in the future). So I just turn it off to get through that part and turn it back on again.

pokefreak5598

It's all in the mind, y'know.
    Years
  • I love it. But, It took me like a week to get used to it. Can't wait until I have to hold it again, made my thumb stronger. But, It helped me a lot, because I'm left handed. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2023
    I'll say, its awesome, but once I got the bike, I used the bike more then running shoes.

Khall

Permafrost
    Years
  • Pressing B was never an issue for me, tbh. Also I prefer to walk in some spaces, like small rooms.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    How can you guys be on your bike. The only time ive used my bike is on cycling road. I love seeing my pokemon follow me. That + running shoes = awesome

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I use it with the dowsing machine since one can't easily operate the touch-screen and buttons simultaneously, but otherwise don't care for it unless I'm running a long way.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    It's epic.
    I actually didn't really use until after the E4, and I didn't realize how awesome it was until I got White.

Back