• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen You know what really grinds my gears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    * Not being able to delete phone numbers
    * Red still hasn't figured out how a Thunderstone works
    * Mom constantly buying berries
    * No cool apps liek there are on the Poketch
    * Team Rocket, as trainers, are absolutely pathetic. Remember how awesome Cyrus' final team was in Platinum? Archer's team should have been just as tough.
    * The "first Pokemon in your party follows you" bit isn't as awesome when you constantly switch your lead Pokemon. There should be a feature where you choose which of your party Pokemon follows you, whether or not it's the lead one.
    * Leaf from FR/LG should have been the final boss.

In Red's Defense, his Pikachu holds a light ball, which only has an effect on Pikachu, and not Raichu.

The Rematches could have been a lot better organized and easier to do.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2011
    I want mum to stop calling me and wasting my hard earned on bloody berries! I ignoe her for so long that when i finally go into the pokemart to get the stuff im there for half an hour getting it all.
    Also you can't fly directly between the two regions which is annoying.
    But essentially I loved this game. Particularly how long it went for, 16 badges? Awesome!

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
    Years
    I know! I kinda wish Mom would've bought something more useful. Like, occasionally you'd get a super potion, at best. But, I wish she'd send you stuff like Calcium, HP ups, Max revives, and(very rarely) a Lucky Egg or something.

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    What I don't like is, that to get rayquaza, you need the hoenn Legendary from your version of the game AND from the oposite version of the game! Oh, and the mom calling you too much and using your money problem, just call her by your pokegear, and say no to her, then she'll stop calling you, and using your money. For your goldenrod city BGM problem, talk to a certain member of gamefreak in the game, and he'll give you an item that changes the BGM to classic mode. You will need all 16 gym badges to get the item. (It's an original gamboy!) The item's a key item, so you can turn it on and off. The "poffins" in HG & SS is aprijuice! it basicly serves the same purpose. You use the juice for the pokeathon, the "pokemon contests" for HG & SS. you earn points from that contest, that you can use to buy stuff, like evolution stones for example.
    EDIT: I found a "use" for lyra, call her, and depending where you are, she'll tell you something like a little thing to do there: bring the right pokemon there, and "talk" to it, then it'll do something, like dance, or something. that's really the only use for lyra. BTW, if you do the celebi timetravel event, You'll take lyra and yourself backintime, to after Red beat Team Rocket's leader! You get to fight him too! You will also get to see a little something between your rival "soul", and Team Rocket's former leader! I'll let you guys figure the rest out.

Last edited:

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
    Years
    I absolutly hate the fact there isn't a block contact list in this game, god, I swear I want "mother" to quit calling, it rings honestly every 5 minutes, so where the heck is my block button.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I absolutly hate the fact there isn't a block contact list in this game, god, I swear I want "mother" to quit calling, it rings honestly every 5 minutes, so where the heck is my block button.
    As the user above you posted, talk to her and tell her to stop saving your money, and hence she will stop spending the money as you won't send her any more after battles. Should work.

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
    Years
    What I hate(Isn't strictly HGSS, it's NDS Pokemon in general) is the Global Trade System. It's ridiculous the Pokemon they ask for. Why in the world would I give you a level 100 Arceus for a level 1 Chikorita? -___-

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    The Phone feature is really annoying, specially when you're saving money and your mom keeps calling after every battle to tell you that she's bought something...

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Another thing I hate is how slow you walk. Like, I know that's fixed via bike + running shoes. But, until you get the running shoes, the walking is SO slow.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
    Mom was pretty annoying when she kept calling after every battle to tell me that she bought me more berries. I just kept ignoring her from now on in. And that Youngster Joey is pretty annoying when he calls and says his Rattata is the best, when he DOES call for a match, he has a Raticate, which always pathetically loses. On my next SS playthrough, I am never giving my number to Joey. One other thing I didn't like, was I couldn't get my favorite Pokemon early enough in the game, and it's Pikachu. Unless I trade it though, which I don't have a second DS. Another thing was, like stated earlier, is the plot of Team Rocket. It was far too short, especially in Kanto. Plus the grunts and even the Mini Bosses were so pathetically weak, atleast they could have been a little more challenging. And Lance having three Dragonites under Level 55. And at Rocket HQ, he had a Level 40 Dragonite!

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
    in diamond and pearl i really hate the rockets they are extremely pointless and dumb, i think they should have made the rockets like the way they are now in the new pokemon black tv show, because in that they are actually smart and know what to do instead of trying and failing to get ash's pikachu

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    I hate how your own mother blows all your money on berries, sometimes I think she pays her bills with that money, so I just stopped picking them up.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    -Joey's calls.
    -Mom's calls. She wasn't in charge of my money for long.
    -All of Team Rocket (even Archer) were incredibly weak.
    -Leaf is nowhere to be found. It's all Red, Red, RED! C'mon, that punk's had more than his fair share of time in the spotlight!
    -Red still is completely clueless as to how to use a Thunderstone, and this time feels the need to have two Water-types to boot, thus making him even easier to pulverize than in G/S/C
    -Why did the pointless HM called Rock Climb have to make it over to HG/SS?
    -Why can't you buy coins directly? Makes getting Ice Beam and Thunderbolt a LOT harder:/

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    The fact that the game completely ignores Leaf's existence.

That really bothers me. There's not a single reason why Leaf couldn't have been an alternative to Red based on your decisions (whether that just be choosing Lyra, or maybe just a question in the game.)

That's pretty much the only thing that bothers me.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    Ralph telling you to call your mom.

How in most Rpg games Ice has power over fire and vice versa.

Other trainers saying that they beat common pokemon.

Liz calling the wrong number every few hours.

ツールです

Cause we're all tools
    Years
    I hate the fact that GSC levelling is lost,but well the thing I hate most is

New moves on Gym Leaders

Like Falkner with Roost,BUgsy with UTurn in a game without GSC leveling is hard to beat,so hard it's annoying.Cyndaquil and Totodile could pawn them with some elementals back @ GSC

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    That team rocket was incredibly weak.
    Mom called every minute and spent my money.
    That Falker literally spammed Roost all the time.

Nothing else springs to mind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back