• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You know you love Pokemon When

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    You know you love Pokemon when you dress as one on a daily basis outside of halloween or cosplay party.(Not me xD)

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    You know you love Pokemon when you carry a Master Ball with you at all times.
    you also know you love Pokemon when you own all of the Pokemon movies.
    ...and when all of the storage boxes in all of your Pokemon games are completely full. :D

WAILMERZ FOREVER

You just can't seem to find a way to walk through the woods. There's always enough space between the trees, though.
    It seems that your backpack is totally empty and flat and seems like .0000001 oz. when it's full of potions and crap.
    You try to find Oran Berries to put into what you insist on calling "Pikachu Traps."
    You never feel hungry and make milkshakes for your dog/cat/snake/whatever pet you have.
    You wake up one morning in a house where the main floor is just a kitchen--with no TV!!!
    You look in the mirror to find your face lacking a mouth and with eyes ten times the size of those on a human-size tree frog.
    And when you find yourself living in a tiny, crappy apartment at age 43 with practically no money and a shrine dedicated to Houndoom and Ninetales. Don't ask me how I came up with that one.

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
    When.....

You can't seem to ride your bike through weeds
    You go to the "Day Care" and all you find is toddlers
    You live in a "town" with 3 houses in it...
    You go to your local hospital and expect the nurse to heal your pokemon
    You never see your Dad...{every game cept R+S+E..}
    When your mom needs a ride somewhere, you offer to loan your Bird Pokemon....

Karel_Kazuki

Years
    YKYLPW You have a watch with a phone, radio and GPS built into it
    or always wear a hat, unless you enter a contest (G4)

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    You know you love Pokemon too much when you try to start a religion based on Arceus and all of the other legendaries.

You know you love Pokemon too much when you ask a random old man with coffee how to catch pokemon, take a flight to an island, and swim up and down the beach just so you can get infinite candy in your bag.

You know you love pokemon too much when you start seeing them instead of regular animals.

Speaking of animals, you know you love pokemon too much when you make your dog kill wild ones for "experience."

You know you love pokemon too much when you think pulling out a gameshark and typing in codes will actually give you infinite money or let you walk through walls IRL.

You know you love pokemon too much when you secretly wish that one day, you could simply wake up in the Pokemon world and begin your pokemon journey. (Guilty!)

You know you love pokemon too much if this is your tenth year playing. (Guilty of this one, too!)

Last edited:

Mist_Ketchum

Daughter of Ash and Misty
    Years
    You know you love Pokemon when your iPod is filled with the OST's.
    You know you love Pokemon when you own every single Pokemon game.
    You know you love Pokemon when you look at a certain animal and give it a Pokemon name.
    You know you love Pokemon when you fantasize about Pokemon being real.
    You know you love Pokemon when you look at your pet and think to yourself, "Why can't you use (inster Pokemon move here)."
    You know you love Pokemon when you know the Pokemon by their cries.

Lol. I know this is probably an old post but I HAD to quote it.
    I'm not sure what OST is but my ipod is full of pokemon songs
    I own every single pokemon game/movie, even almost all the spin offs
    Everytime we get a fish we name them pokemon names
    Yes yes I do fantasize about them being real but I also know how much worse the world would be made then.
    I think I think that sometimes....
    And yes I know almost all of them.

YKYLPWY have pokemon figurines displayed everywhere in your room.
    ... Have an outfit similar to one of Ash's
    ... Start singing the Lavender Town music with your friend
    ... Have a 10 minute track of the lavender town music on your ipod and listen to the WHOLE thing.
    ... Actually consider naming your child "Ash" or "Misty"

I'm not obsessed! o.O Well.... Maybe a lil. ^^;

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    You know you love pokemon when you shove a small pidgeon into a gachapon and try to fly on top of it.
    XD

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    You kow you play too much Pokemon when...

You kow you play too much Pokemon when...
    Just add to the list of when you know your addicited to pokemon like:

-YKYPTMPW: The science teacher asks you what is it called when a caterpillar tuns into a buterfree, you awnser "Evolution!"

-When you cosplay

-When you go around screaming PIKA-CHUUU and tazer everyone​

starlightmint72

Creative person
    Years
    You know you play too much Pokemon when you:

Start dressing up your pets as different Pokemon.

Go crazy whenever someone makes a tiny mistake about Pokemon.

You know everything in advance about the next region the minute it's published somewhere on the internet.

You know all the cheats to any Pokemon game, and know how to get everything.

Is that good enough? I'll think of more, but for now it's fine, right?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    This is a lot like the 'You know you love too much Pokemon' game, so I'm just going to merge them together, okay? ^_^

Snopes

Veteran Newblette
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    You Know You Play Too Much Pokemon When:

*You pretend that small pieces of candy are Rare Candies
    *Have a Trainer Card
    *Hum the Johto Surf Theme whenever your in the water
    *You can instantly recall the levels of the Gym Leader's pokemon
    *Have been playing the Pokemon games for over 12 years

-whistles innocently-

Karel_Kazuki

Years
    You know you love pokemon when you buy the games on the first day they come out.( ive done so on Platinum and Black today but they were sold out on HGSS when I tried lmao)

Or when you magically never age even though youve been traveling for 15+ years( Ash >_>)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    You know you love Pokemon when a Route song comes on and you know what route it's from without having to look at the song name.

Back