• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen You thought shuckle and/or camarupt did the most damage did you?

Years
  • Hey boys and girls,

So I have been away from pokemon for awhile and I had the itch to replay. I was catching up on some theorymons and I found out apparently Camerupt out damages a Shuckle. But I am thinking the damage is still finite. I though what would happen if the pokemon had infinite HP? Now from a coding perspective you can't really reach infinite HP but in order to circumvent that, the infinite HP just causes the HP to loop, so you have 999HP but any damage just causes the HP to go down to 0 and loop back up to 999HP and keep on going. So doesn't matter how much damage, it still just loops. Unless, for some reason OHKO moves ignore that, it literally does infinite damage. OHKO used on an infinite HP pokemon will cause a KO. This is where things get weird. The game doesn't know what to do, sometimes battle continues, or sometimes it causes undefined/anomalous effects like a crash or freeze where the process can't be killed. So theoretically OHKO hits infinite damage still. here is a short video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeleCNev2HM

If gen 5 and above use the same code structure for OHKO, still will happen then as well.

So yeah looks like shuckle and camerupt setups can be beaten to xD

Back