• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Youkai Academy (IC thread)

Years
  • Hitoshi Nao Suzuki

He tried to think of the stories his parents told him, but could not remember at the moment. He would have to call home after school. His thoughts were overturned as the two students entered.

Hitoshi watched the events unfold as two students, a girl and a zombie(why he was not in a human disguise was lost to him, but then again, Hitoshi really didn't have to think about it much, looking almost human), entering the classroom. She immediatly walked to the back of the room, but ran up to the front to calm the student that arrived after him. Shadow, as she introduced herself as, brought up somehow being more dangerous than a zombie, which didn't interest him the slightest, since any youkai(even humans in the right conditions) can be dangerous. However, he perked up at the question she had, as it was his first chance to possibly start a friendship. He walked up to the teachers desk to grab two outlines for the semester, one for the girl, and the other for the zombie, since he guessed that the zombie didn't know either. He put one on the zombie's desk, and left it to the guy talking to him to explain the class assignment. Or overhear, since the desk were next to each other.

He turned around to the two girls, Shadow and Allison. He handed Shadow the outline, and started to explain the assignment. "A few moments before you entered, Dr. Karlsson gave the assignment to make a short history of our family histories as youkai. If you are the only youkai in the family, he said to write about how you found out......Oh, I forgot to introduce my self, my name is Hitoshi Suzuki. Pleased to meet you, Shadow and Allison."

He silently cursed himself for not introduceing himself first, as that is what all the books about sociallizing recomended to do, but his face remained as frozen as ever. He shifted the lolipop to the other cheek, and waited for the response.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Jim can't help but chuckle as the catgirl cowers in fear, seeking comfort behind Shadow. "Whoops. Guess I'm not wearing my flesh mask. Sorry to frighten everyone." It's hard to tell if he's grinning, or if his face is just like that. He doesn't bother disguising himself, since everyone's gathered around him or the two girls anyway, and the human-looking boy approaching him seems put off by his undead appearance. "Gavin, huh? Pleasure's all yours." He grabs Gavin's hand, giving a firm, but cold, handshake. "Hisashi Jameson. Call me Jim, it's easier."

Jim turns away from Gavin, taking the paper from Hitoshi. "How we found out we're yokai, huh? This won't take long." He takes a seat away from the others, quickly filling out his paper. He scans the rules list, donning his disguise when he reaches that rule.

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
    Years
  • Shadow sent a glare to Jim, her normally gentle purple eyes hardening. The phrase, "If looks could kill", came to mind. "Typical. Don't bother actually READING the rules" she muttered to herself. She turned to the boy, Hitoshi. She did a small curtsy, trying to be polite. "My name is Shadow Nightwing." she said. She looked down, realizing that when she curtsied, another dead feather had fallen. "Whoops. That's not supposed to happen" she said, quickly picking up the feather. "Hehehe, sorry about that" she said, a bit embarrassed. Her pale white skin was colored with pale pink. She took the paper from Hitoshi. "T-thank you for helping me" she said quietly.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Alley accepts the feather, her eyes wide with wonder and excitement. "Wow, thanks! It's a pretty feather, I guess you like birds?" She runs her hand along it's edge, then rubs the feather along her face. "Heehee! It's so soft!"

She is too busy with her new feather to really notice Hitoshi, but as Shadow curtsies, Alley waves to him, offering her hand. "Hi there! You can call me Alley, if you want. You don't have to be so formal with me." She slides the feather into her hair, idly swiping at the second feather that Shadow dropped.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • "Gavin, huh? Pleasure's all yours." He grabs Gavin's hand, giving a firm, but cold, handshake.

Gavin smiled, more overjoyed at the fact that he talked to a zombie (albeit a zombie in disguise) than at the action itself. In fact, he didn't even notice the zombie's saying "yours" instead of "mine". He then promptly turned to Allison and said, "Hey, Ms.Kat," He said, having misunderstood her introduction when she was talking to Shadow. "You shouldn't joke about another student for being undead, it's insensitive." This was in response to her saying, "He'll be armless if he tries anything, though... Haha, armless. It's a pun." His expression becomes stern. "I'd request that you apologize at your earliest convenience. I understand that you were scared, but fear is no excuse for rudeness."

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shadow blanched a little. "Yeah....I like birds, lets just go with that" she said. A third feather fell, and she just sighed. A new voice drew her attention. Gavin, she heard the boy say to Jim. "You shouldn't joke about another student for being undead, it's insensitive." he said, "I'd request that you apologize at your earliest convenience. I understand that you were scared, but fear is no excuse for rudeness." Shadow, strangely, felt like she had to defend Alley, but she didn't. She didn't need to make anymore enemies. "Hey, Gavin, was it? It's nice to meet you" she said.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Alley grabs the feather off the floor, tucking it into her pocket, when Gavin turns his attention away from Jim and towards her. "I'd request that you apologize at your earliest convenience. I understand that you were scared, but fear is no excuse for rudeness." She rolls her eyes at Gavin's words, crossing her arms at staring at him sternly. "You can call me Cat, but the Miss part isn't needed. And I'll apologize for being rude when he apologizes for scaring me like that. As far as I'm concerned, he made a threat to me, and I made one in return. Cats don't let others walk all over them." She brushes her hair out of her face, looking closely at Gavin. "And why should you care? It doesn't really involve you."

Years
  • Hitoshi Nao Suzuki

Shadow thanked him for the help, and dropped a feather,which she quickly picked up. A boy named Galvin came in, and requested that Ally appologize to the Zombie boy, who in his eyes, was fairly rude. He noticed the zombie said 'yours' instead of 'mine', but it seemed the boy didn't notice. The zombie moved away, which was fine with him. He wondered if bad additude was natural among zombies, but dismissed the thought, and would try to meet the zombie in person later. He put his focus back to the conversation at hand.

"I doubt that the Zombie will take too much offence at the pun to be a problem, and if he wants an appology, he can ask for it himself. Otherwise, nice to meet you, Galvin." He picked up the third feather that fell from what he thought was Shadow's pocket, and he picked it up himself, wanting a closer look. It didn't look like anything he recognized from all his books. She must be a lucky to find such a rare feather(he doesn't know enough about youkai to know it came from Shadow). "So, you collect feathers.......never seen anything like this. Mind if I keep this?"

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shadow gave a relieved sigh. Hitoshi didn't know about Sirens, which meant he didn't about her. That was a really good thing....at least until another feather fell out. She sighed. "Why must the universe hate me so?" she asked herself. "Look, that feather you have there, I don't care if you keep it. I have so many more I don't know what to do with them." she told him. Guilt ate away at her quickly for lying. "That feather didn't come from any bird.....It came from me. The only youkai that have feathers like that one are Sirens. Put two and two together, and you get me. I am a Siren. And it is currently molting season." Just then, one of her largest feathers fell out.

Years
  • He had little knowlege of youkai in general, but from all the stories, especially from the Odessey, he knew that they were youkai that could use thier voice to different effects. He thought back to when she said she was more dangerous, and it made sense. She could kill many within earshot if she didn't control herself, at least in theory. However, it was expected to meet up with many types of youkai in a school of them, and it didn't faze him in the bit. Even he could tell she was uncomfortable telling him, and decided to tell her what kind of youkai he was, even if it was obvious because of the lolipop.

"Interesting. I'm what many seem to call a snowboy." He concentrated on his hand, creating a layer of frost on the feather he held, but not going past that, so as not to damage the feather. Such a small use of power didn't even faze his disguise. "Though, you probally knew that, since the lolipop is a dead give away. Without it though, even what most consider 'mild' temperatures would make me sweat, and hot temperatures would cripple me outright."

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shadow tilted her head. She had encountered a snowboy once. Of course, he had been dying. She did what her kind were famous for, and sang. He died peacefully and painlessly. "Hey, you've got it easier. I've gained a reputation for being there when people are dead and dying. Sort of an 'Angel of Death', if you will. Not the best reputation, but hey", she said, shrugging, "All I want to do is help people. This is apparently how I help. I rarely sing for the healthy, young and strong. It's kinda my way of being nice-" she stopped. "Sorry, I tend to babble when nervous" she said, stroking her feather necklace.

Years
  • Singing to the dieing, like a lullaby to everlasting sleep. It was an interesting, if creepy subject to think about. It was many long years before he would have to worry about it, but he had a feeling that he might spend some time to himself in the dorm room, thinking about the last song he might hear in death, blanketed in white snow.......He would have shivered if he knew how. However, even if she didn't say she was nervious, it was evident in her body language, how she stroked her feather. He noticed he was nervious too, even though his face remained the same, his body was stiff. He focused on centering himself, since a nervious, scared snowboy was embarasing.

"Don't worry, I don't mind babbleing. It is refreshing......like freezing winds on a cold autunm day......" It took him a while to relize that everyone might not enjoy it as much as he does, but decided to just go with it, since he didn't know enough about other youkai to know what would be comfortable to them, "......Death is something most youkai, and humans tend to fear, since it is eventually going to happen..(He glanced at the Zombie, briefly wondering what he thought of death, haveing for now defied it, but turned back to Shadow quickly)...However, to know that someone like you is out there to ease the pain of the dieing is.......comforting."

To be so open with him......it was almost like they were friends already. He attempted smile, though he was only able to slightly curl his lips, and even then it didn't stay long, and was back to his normal face. He would have to practice.

Years
  • Jim shakes his head, chuckling a little. Even all the way over here he can still hear their conversation. His four classmates are quite the chatty group, but he's fine with it. In a way, he's learning about them without having to talk. "So." He calls out to them, probably interruptng something, but he doesn't really care at this point. "We've got a girl with feathers and a pretty voice, a boy who can make snow, the cat has claws, and I'm a walking corpse. Seems like there's still one person who hasn't shared yet." He grabs his head, quickly tilting it sideways to pop his neck into place with a series of snaps. He leans forward, pointing at Gavin. "How about it? What makes you different from the rest of the world?"

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Kiba Ray Hiroshi - homeroom teacher: Dorm-C

a girl entered his classroom, when he just was about to warn her for coming later she answers his question. "I believe that the vampire youkai are known for their strength"

'that's right missis Mizutani, the Vampire's are known for their unnatural strength.' Ray begun writing it down on the board. 'and will you please come in my classroom on time next time?' Ray turned his head to her a little and smiled before writing more things down.

'The Vampires are also known for their beautiful appearences, they have silver hair and red eyes, esspecially the women vampires are very pretty, the men Vampires are quite handsome as well.' Ray spoke while writing it down on the board. 'so far i know there are only 2 vampires on this academy, it won't be easy for you to track them down though.' Ray turned back to the class.

'Vampires are very dangerous Youkai, they can litterally kill you by just touching you.' Ray warned them. 'now... can anyone tell me about onimodoki's?' Ray asked the class.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Gavin Grant​

Both the cat and the zombie stared at him with stern expressions. "Well..." He started, clearing his throat and buttoning the top button of his polo. "I'm a warlock...or half of one, at least." To avoid having to delve further into the topic of him being half-human, He then turned to Allison, trying to maintain a collected composure, something he's never had to do for such a long stretch of time. "I just feel that the student body should not make fun of other youkai for their shortcoming, it's something I wish to enforce as the future Academy pre-" He caught himself, it wouldn't be wise to relay is intentions so early in the year. "I mean, it's something that I can't stand." He then looked to the left. "...But you're right, it has nothing to do with me. I apologize Ms.Kat." He promptly bit his tongue for making the same mistake twice. He looked at Allison, embarrassed, and tried again. "I mean, Cat. I hope that you will accept my apology."

DarkAngel91

Years
  • Shadow could tell right away that Gavin and Hitoshi were going to be rivals for Academy student president. She could also tell that Gavin was going to get on her nerves faster than any other Youkai in the school, including Jim. As it was, she was resisting the urge to give a short, sharp screech that would knock him out cold. Or give him the worst headache of his life. Either action would have satisfied the young Siren greatly. However, not wanting to get kicked out on day one, she decided to not do either. Instead, she calmly brushed some hair out of her eyes. She was just going to ignore Gavin. She smiled at Hitoshi, easily sensing that would be good, if not great, friends. "I do what I can" she said, looking at the clock. "Isn't class almost over?" she asked.

Years
  • Hitoshi looked up at the clock, and noticed the time, "Yes, probally, though it would be rude to leave before the teacher says so." The part were Galvin says he was a warlock was of little unimportant to him, as the race should be the last thing that matters if you are trying to make friends, though he wondered what he was going to finish pre- with. The two words that made sence were President or Prefect. Which did this school run by, he wondered. Would the whole school vote on one student president, or would each dorm vote for a dorm prefect. Or maybe both, so that power would be destributed evenly, rather than one power. Either option was interesting, as it would allow him to meet many people outside of the dorm. Maybe he would try for it when it came around. He would have to ask the teacher later. "Excuse me, but I should get my books together." He left for the back of the room, where his desk was, and put the empty notebook he took out, and the book he was reading before class, back in the bag. He didn't get as far in his book as he planned, but he did a lot more socializing than he was use too. It was a productive class time, even if he didn't start his homework. He could do it tonight anyway.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Gavin Grant​

"Isn't class almost over?" Shadow asked. Gavin looked at the clock, still blushing out of embarrassment. She was correct, it was indeed almost time to go.

"Ah, right!" Gavin said hurriedly. He turned to Jim and said, "It was nice meeting you, Jim." He then turned to the females. "I'm sorry if I caused you any inconvenience Ms. Shadow. You too, Cat." He bowed to the both of them. He then looked to Hitoshi, who he hadn't spoken to as of yet, and said, "Pleased to meet you, Hitoshi. I hope we can be good friends in the future." He bowed to him and hurried back to his seat, tripping over himself on the way. Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap!, he thought to himself, as he buried his head in one of the grimoires from his satchel. Gavin doesn't have very much self-confidence, and it was only trough his ambition that he was able to act the way he did towards the three. I lost composure back there...though I'm surprised I was able to maintain it for so long. Ms.Cat and Ms.Shadow probably hate me now...maybe I'm going about becoming president the wrong way. This isn't me... He decided to stop thinking about the matter for the time being and started reading the grimoire so as to wait for class to end.

Last edited:

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Alley leans against Shadow, rolling her eyes and giggling as Gavin practically trips over himself. "He's silly. I think he's trying too hard." She closes her eyes, putting a hand to her chest and adopting an upper-class accent. "But as a proper lady, it would behoove me to formally accept his apology and help the poor lad through his social faux pas, to help him feel welcome by his future constituants." She laughs, dropping the accent as she crouches to pick up another feather. "Or maybe I'll just go mess with him again."

She goes back to his desk, moving silently and keeping low. She sits in front of his desk, then suddenly pops up into his line of sight. "HI!" She moves around to his side, looking at his book. "What'cha readin'?"

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Gavin Grant​

"HI! What'cha readin'?" The girl from before exclaimed.

"Bwah!" Gavin yelled in response, surprised by her sudden appearance. Driving him further into embarrassment, he moved the grimoire closer to his face, trying to hide the redness from her and the rest of the class. "I...uh..." He started, unable to regain the composure he had before, revealing his normal self. "I'm reading a grimoire, a book of magic." He moved the book slightly further away from his face, looking at her from the side of his eyes. She was pretty close, and she was cute, which only served to make him more embarrassed. "I...I really am sorry if I offended you back there," he said, too embarrassed to actually look at her directly, so he continued to look at the book, despite the fact that he wasn't actually reading it at this point, he was more focused on the conversation. "I wasn't myself."

Last edited:
    Back