• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Computer Setup

kij

the kij
Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    Most of us have a Computer Setup, we either use them for simple tasks such as studying to more complicated and advanced tasks such as Audio Production or 3D Rendering. A computer setup is the centre of that.

What are the items that you use in your computer setup? And what do you use your setup for?

Preferred but not mandatory post layout:
    Items Used: (add a spoiler, maybe link the items)
    Purpose: (self explanatory)
    Pictures (if necessary or have some just in case): (add a spoiler here of course because I don't want to flood this thread haha .-.)

So in my case:

Items Used:
    Spoiler:
    Purpose: Schoolwork, Productivity and Really Really Lightweight Gaming (its a mac so i won't play CSGO or gta v with high res graphics haha)
    Pictures: Will be posted once I come back to my country and if this thread doesn't die :p
    What do you guys use? I am really curious :P

Things you might consider to make your setup feel and look better:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love these threads. People come up with the coolest setups. Can't wait to see em!

My main PC is integrated into my home theater setup, then I've got my laptop to use while I'm traveling. Here's mine:

Gear:
    Spoiler:

Purpose:
    I use my main PC for gaming, web browsing, and watching TV. I'm a big audio geek, hence the setup. I use the system for movies, games, and music. I would love to go full surround again, but my room limits my options, so I'm going with classic stereo for now. My laptop lets me do some light gaming and web browsing on the go, but I also use it for coding.

Photos:
    Spoiler:

Reactions: kij

kij

the kij
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I love these threads. People come up with the coolest setups. Can't wait to see em!

My main PC is integrated into my home theater setup, then I've got my laptop to use while I'm traveling. Here's mine:

Gear:
    Spoiler:

Purpose:
    I use my main PC for gaming, web browsing, and watching TV. I'm a big audio geek, hence the setup. I use the system for movies, games, and music. I would love to go full surround again, but my room limits my options, so I'm going with classic stereo for now. My laptop lets me do some light gaming and web browsing on the go, but I also use it for coding.

Photos:
    Spoiler:

WOAH! That looks awesome man, totally dig it. :)
    But I have a question, how do you use it? Do you have something like a keyboard + mouse combo? If not then I recommend this for the perfect home theatre setup!

My suggestion is to add some LED lights behind the TV that work via USB (you can attach it to the tv and wrap it around the TV if possible (bam) but other than that it's an amazing setup, thanks for submitting! :D

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • I don't have a picture for my pc and my laptop , but anyways let's start! maybe I post it up later.

Spoiler:

Purpose:

Spoiler:

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    Spoiler:

Purpose: Gaming, surfing the internet, school.

kij

the kij
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I don't have a picture for my pc and my laptop , but anyways let's start! maybe I post it up later.

Spoiler:

Purpose:

Spoiler:

For the laptop, it has very good specs! 12GB of RAM is an odd number (you don't see that in many laptops or PCs, did you perhaps upgrade the memory? In my case, my laptop was 2+2GB of ram but now it's 8+2GB so yeah :P But overall your laptop specs are pretty good! I think you can use your PC for gaming as you can freely and unlimitedly upgrade it as much as you want, but it's your choice really haha! Overall thanks for the submission!

Spoiler:

Purpose: Gaming, surfing the internet, school.

This is a pretty good specced computer, I'm sure you spent some time building it if it was a PC! But what mouse and keyboard do you use for gaming?

Last edited:
    Years
  • WOAH! That looks awesome man, totally dig it. :)
    But I have a question, how do you use it? Do you have something like a keyboard + mouse combo? (...) My suggestion is to add some LED lights behind the TV that work via USB

Thank you! I have a wireless mouse and keyboard that I use. Nothing fancy, just basic ones. I might upgrade them at some point. I use an Xbox controller for gaming a lot of the time.

And it's funny that you mention LEDs because I was just thinking of adding some bias lighting. I'll probably do that soon!

Laptop: MSI Leopard Pro 62QE (...) Laptop is used for college and gaming too.

That's a pretty beastly laptop! I had a gaming laptop in college too and liked it, although the battery crapped out on me so I always had to sit near a plug in class {XD}

MSI Geforce GTX 750 Ti
    AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core Processor
    16 GB of RAM

Solid! Always did admire the GTX 750 Ti. Really capable and efficient little card.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    This is a pretty good specced computer, I'm sure you spent some time building it if it was a PC! But what mouse and keyboard do you use for gaming?

Just a basic Microsoft keyboard and Logitech mouse with the scroll ball.

Solid! Always did admire the GTX 750 Ti. Really capable and efficient little card.

I agree, definitely does great for me!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Ooooh boy. Here we go:

I built this PC in the summer of 2013 and I've been slowly upgrading it since then.
    Specs
    16GB DDR3 Corsair RAM
    Intel i7-4770k @ 3.50 GHz
    MSI GeForce GTX 970
    ASUS Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    NZXT H440 White (Case)

Peripherals
    Corsair M95 White Mouse
    Ducky Shine 4 Keyboard
    Blue Snowball Microphone
    Sennheiser Headphones - can't find the model number :(

Monitors
    BenQ XL2730Z - 2560x1440 @ 144Hz
    LG Ultrawide - 2560x1080 @ 50Hz (meant for 3440x1440 @ 60Hz but it needs DisplayPort and I'm using my one port for the BenQ)
    Dell U2311H - 1920x1080 @ 60Hz

The BenQ is primarily used as a middle/gaming monitor. I use the Ultrawide as 2 720p monitors, and the Dell is normally used for Discord. I don't really need a 970 at the moment, but I used to be more into gaming and recording and made a lot of use of it then.

Spoiler: Photos
    Your Computer Setup

Your Computer Setup

kij

the kij
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    Ooooh boy. Here we go:

I built this PC in the summer of 2013 and I've been slowly upgrading it since then.
    Specs
    16GB DDR3 Corsair RAM
    Intel i7-4770k @ 3.50 GHz
    MSI GeForce GTX 970
    ASUS Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    NZXT H440 White (Case)

Peripherals
    Corsair M95 White Mouse
    Ducky Shine 4 Keyboard
    Blue Snowball Microphone
    Sennheiser Headphones - can't find the model number :(

Monitors
    BenQ XL2730Z - 2560x1440 @ 144Hz
    LG Ultrawide - 2560x1080 @ 50Hz (meant for 3440x1440 @ 60Hz but it needs DisplayPort and I'm using my one port for the BenQ)
    Dell U2311H - 1920x1080 @ 60Hz

The BenQ is primarily used as a middle/gaming monitor. I use the Ultrawide as 2 720p monitors, and the Dell is normally used for Discord. I don't really need a 970 at the moment, but I used to be more into gaming and recording and made a lot of use of it then.

Spoiler: Photos
    Your Computer Setup

Your Computer Setup

That's a really nice setup! Have you ever met me on Discord before? haha but let's get into the advice, I suggest hiding or tidying the cables behind the monitor using something like this, if it doesn't work or you can't get it someway I understand, but still a very nice setup, thanks for submitting your setup! :)

Years
  • Specs:
    Spoiler:

Purpose:
    It's mostly for work but also for play :)

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Oooo I love these threads.

Stuff
    Spoiler:

PC Specs
    Spoiler:

Pictures
    Spoiler:

Purpose: Gaming and when needed studies/research/shopping/anything else you could need a PC for)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm still in the process of putting a final build in it, but it works better than my old laptop so I've been using it. I need to upgrade the processor and add a graphics card.

Computer is for browsing Internet, some writing/text editing programs, and light gaming. Right now I can run Terraria and Stardew Valley decently, and apparently Portal boots. I haven't tested playing it though.

Uh... what the hell is my computer anyway...? It's my first build so idk what I'm doing 8)

Actual Computer Specs:
    Spoiler:

Accessories:
    Spoiler:

I've been a little thrifty with this build. The current processor, hard drive, and monitors were all free. I was going to use an old case originally but then one of the screws stripped when we were trying to mount the motherboard in it, and we had to rip it out of the case. Luckily the motherboard wasn't damaged in the process!

Lesson learned: be careful where you cheap out on a computer. :P

kij

the kij
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I'm still in the process of putting a final build in it, but it works better than my old laptop so I've been using it. I need to upgrade the processor and add a graphics card.

Computer is for browsing Internet, some writing/text editing programs, and light gaming. Right now I can run Terraria and Stardew Valley decently, and apparently Portal boots. I haven't tested playing it though.

Uh... what the hell is my computer anyway...? It's my first build so idk what I'm doing 8)

Actual Computer Specs:
    Spoiler:

Accessories:
    Spoiler:

I've been a little thrifty with this build. The current processor, hard drive, and monitors were all free. I was going to use an old case originally but then one of the screws stripped when we were trying to mount the motherboard in it, and we had to rip it out of the case. Luckily the motherboard wasn't damaged in the process!

Lesson learned: be careful where you cheap out on a computer. :P

Pretty solid PC for a first build! I think that this might help for PC cable management. (bam)
    The D[A]LL is a funny easter egg you left there, props to you for that haha!

I think you're struggling with the mousepad + mouse, so what I suggest is that you buy this mousepad, and then your choice of a wireless mouse or a wired mouse.
    I get that you are doing minimal work and possibly are on a budget so I gave you some good priced items, cable management is also kinda great for a dual monitor setup, thanks for the submission! :)

kij

the kij
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017

Not a lot to say because you didn't provide information,
    Spoiler:

but seeing your PC specs, these specs are really good! I think that's for mid-ranged gaming hence the processor and memory capacity, thanks for the submission! :)

Oooo I love these threads.

Stuff
    Spoiler:

PC Specs
    Spoiler:

I'll post a pic when I clean this pigsty. It's embarrassing like this...

Purpose: Gaming and when needed studies/research/shopping/anything else you could need a PC for)

Pretty neat PC specs! I hope the pictures become well worth it haha!

Seeing your Memory, 14gb isn't really seen anywhere haha, I think that's the first PC I encounter with 14GB of RAM.

Again, can't wait for the photo submission, but for now- thanks for the submission! :)

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I was going to put a joke about my amount of RAM since someone says something every time I bring it up, but decided not to.

I'll take the pics when I get out of bed. Lazy.

There are now pictures.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's not that I think anything is wrong with it. Simply that is is an odd amount of RAM to have...
    I honestly see it as no different of a situation when I see computers equipped with an odd-number amount of RAM (like 3GB), or even 6 GB (which is typically uneven).

Just curious, but how many slots do you have available for RAM on your gig?

Back