• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite Japanese food/beverage?

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
  • I love Pocky and its flavor variations. Here, in my country we have a pizza and spice flavor variations of Pocky. Yum!

Others would be beef bowl, certain type of sushi, and fried shrimps (ebi tempura, I think?)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Onigiri ~ I only get to eat them once a year :(

Sushi/Sashimi ~ I work at a Sushi/Hibachi place so I get to eat sushi quite often. I love being able to try new kinds all of the time. Spicy Octopus is my favorite roll though and Ika(squid) is my favorite sashimi.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    Sushi is probably my favourite Japanese food, although I also like tempura quite a bit. Green tea would be my favourite drink, I don't really go out of my way to try Japanese drinks. *sticks with coke*

I like other things as well, but just not as much as sushi <3.

Harumi-chan

L o v e . M e . H a t e . M e
    Years
  • I love sushi and teriyaki shrimp, beef ramen, Pocky, Ramune soda, those little panda cookies with the chocolate filling and lots of snacks c:

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
    Years
  • Sadly, I've not really had many unique Japanese foods or drinks. I kinda like sushi, but ramen is awesome, and teriyaki is one of my favorite sauces. I've always wanted to try a sakuramochi ever since I learned where the Mocchi monster from Monster Rancher came from.

...please don't lynch me for mentioning a different monster-training game here. ^^;

Last edited:

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I've tried quite a lot of Japanese food, but the best among the best has to be sashimi, ebi tempura and oocha

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • I like spicy tuna sushi, thousand island, and spicy salmon sushi. <3

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I haven't tried any Japanese food, and I'm too put off by Sushi being Raw fish to eat it, I wanna try Mochi though (Rice Cake), hang on, are Dumplings Japanese?

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • I love anything with noodles, especially tonkotsu ramen, tsukemen, and... well, anything with soba, really. My favorite Japanese food has got to be shabu shabu, though. As for drinks... There really aren't any distinctly Japanese drinks that come to mind, though a few years ago I tried this weird dairy... juice, that was okay. It was basically this very thin milk, ever so slightly curdled by the only other ingredient, sour pineapple juice. It comes in this... I can only describe it as a drinking glass, with a mylar-ish foil lid and pineapples etched on the glass. I assumed it was a mixture of pineapple juice and coconut milk from Hawaii, but it turned out to be dairy, and a product of Japan. Believe it or not, it actually wasn't bad.

I love bubble tea, but that's not so much a Japanese thing as it is an Asian thing.

Last edited:
    Back