• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite lineup of 6 pokemon

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2014
    On a team of Pokemon what are your favorite 6 and what order do you put them in?

Also do you tend to level up one or two pokemon more than the others or try to use swap battle tactics to get some experience to the others down the list?

Just want to to get ideas how everyone approaches the games tactic wise.

Myself I personally in my current playthorugh with Pokemon Yellow I am currently using as my lineup: 1.Mew (highest level and my main pokemon), 2.Pikachu, 3.Wartortle (leveling up towards Blastoise), 4. Charmeleon (leveling up towards Charizard) 5.Spearow (for Fly HM), 6.Sandshrew (for Cut HM)

I am recently trying to fight battles without Mew though (putting Mew at position 5 or 6 in my lineup), as he is so amazingly good, that he can destroy everything in his way and takes a lot of the challenge of the battle out of the game, so I prefer to use the others more in battle now and only send Mew out into battle when my other Pokemon in my lineup have fainted or are clearly going to faint soon.

Mew is now my "garbage man" he comes in to clean up the mess when the others can't get the job done lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My most favorite in-game team would have to be in my Pokémon Y version, which currently consists of Togekiss, Gyarados, Dusknoir, Machamp, Breloom, and Bronzong.

Dusknoir and Bronzong play defensively, and buy me time whenever I need some. Togekiss on there as I find it pretty easy to utilize, thanks to the combination of Serene Grace, Thunder Wave, and Air Slash. Machamp and Breloom--similar story. As for Gyarados, it's my physical sweeper. After one Dragon Dance move, it instantly becomes ready to take down any opposing Pokémon that gets in its way.

To be honest, I'm very satisfied with this set of crew. Been able to defeat a ton of my friends with it in the past!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I keep my line up in the order I caught them. I routinely switch them in order as the first one gains a level. So say I had a three Pokemon line up of Blaziken, Swellow, Breloom, once Blaziken ups one level I switch her to the bottom and the line up becomes Swellow, Breloom, Blaziken. And I do that over and over and over. Lets me use my team evenly while keeping everyone on the same page.

Back