• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favorite Magic Block

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
  • It's interesting to ask that question, and I personally have not thought of it much. But if I have to pick one that I know of, I'd prbably go with the Invasion block because it was cool with mutlicoloured stuff. :)

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Favourite Magic Blocks

- Urza Block: So many cool cards in that block (Yawgmoth's Will, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Time Spiral, Tolarian Academy, etc.). Too bad most of them are banned. ><;
    - Invasion Block: Multicolored cards = pwnage. 'Nuff said. =P
    - Kamigawa Block: Samurai and ninjas rock!

Ionem

.biomechanic.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2005
    Urza's. It simply has some of the best cards ever made, and is just an overall set. It was made when (in my opinion) Magic was at its pinnacle.

My next favorite's probably the Invasion cycle. Thought that's probably because it's the only Magic book trilogy that I actually read. It's really cool when you read the books and then you can recognize the legends for the characters they represent. Awesome.

Anything past the onslaught cycle = crap, btw.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • I'd have to disagree that Ursa's Saga block was made during Magic's pinnicle, since it drove magic down into the horrid combo winter. I guess people just wanted crazy broken cards...lol

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
    Years
  • Odyssey block, no doubt.
    the debut of Wild Mongrel, the vores (especially Magnivore), Mindslicer and the wishes. Also, part of the reason why I like Odyssey block the most is, that's when I started playing Magic.

Ionem

.biomechanic.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2005
    Latios Master said:
    I like Mirrodin and Kamigawa the most because of the art.

The picture art of the whole card as a whole?

Because personally, the entire new style makes the cards look pretty ugly. I haven't been keeping up with the new cards at all.

Odyssey block, no doubt.

Yes. How could I have forgotten? Odyssey rules. I read the Odyssey book too, though nothing else of the cycle. :(

Back