• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Your favorite music tracks?

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    What are your favorite music tracks from the original Pokemon games? (Blue through Crystal) Mine would have to be

-Lavender Town
    -Pokemon Tower
    -Rival theme that plays each time Gary enters (Red, Blue, Yellow)
    -The Battle Song vs Gary/Blue in the pkmn league
    - Dept. Store song in the original three
    - Goldenrod city (and anyother towns the song is played in)
    -The Unknown music
    -Original Viridian Forest music
    -New Viridian City and Forest Music

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    I really like the music that plays in Azalea Town in gold version. I'm doing a playthrough right now, and it's stuck in my head!

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Hmmm, Ecruteak city and Champion Lance are my fav. music tracks in the game. (Crsytal version) :)

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Dark Cave/Ice Path. O_O <3
    I like HG/SS's remix a lot, but nothing beats the original. It sounds so raw and eerily epic...

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Oh boy thats a pretty tough question since all the music is so amazing in its own way. A few tracks stood out to me when I was a kid and still do now though.

Red/Blue/Yellow
    -Route 24 & 25 (Nugget Bridge, absolute favourite)
    -Route 4
    -Route 11
    -S.S. Anne (I'd love to learn to play that tune on violin, or if I were to ever decide to get a piano)
    -Vermillion City

Gold/Silver/Crystal
    -Ecruteak/Cianwood
    -Azalea
    -Violet/Olivine
    -National Park
    -Goldenrod

I'll give a little honorable mention to Route 42 too, that music is pretty good.

Years
    Off the top of my head, my favourite tracks from Generation I were Route 1 and the Rival's Battle Theme, and my favourite from Generation II were the Ruins of Alph and Game Corner/Lucky Number Show music.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    AALLLLL OFFFF THEEEEMMMMM!!!!!

But seriously, Dark Cave/Ice Path is probably my favorite.

Also, I hate the creepy theme, but I listened real closely to the RBY Pokemon Tower song, and I was amazed at how perfectly it fits the area. Pokemon music is pretty amazing actually.

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
    Years
    Lance Battle Music and RBY Trainer Battle music is my favorite. It sounds way too epic

bigplrbear

C# programmer for the IAPL
    Years
    Route 38, New Viridian Forest theme, and National Park (all from G/S/C) all stand out in my mind as some of the best tracks in ANY pokemon game.

Back