• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favorite Pokemon Hack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    Now that it's out and I've had a chance to try it, I personally like Liquid Crystal better than Shiny Gold so far, so it's my favorite. However, those sandstorms can really get annoying lol.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    rijonAdventures, Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends, Liquid Crystal, ShinyGold

They're all good games!

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • 1: Light Platinum
    2: Ash's Quest
    3: Toxic Purple

I really don't like the remakes or the pre-r/s/e versions.

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
    Years
  • Can we say hacks that arent posted on this site? Mine is a japanese gs remake called pokemon golden sun or as it's called GORUDANSUN in translated japanese. It is as completed as pokemon shiny gold and has custom gs music that is perfectly remade for the gba. I think it outdoes pokemon shiny gold because of the music. The author ealgrete was going for an exact remake so there arent any new events. If you want to see videos of it go on youtube and type in "ealgrete" and click search.

School days again...
    Years
  • Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends
    Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers
    Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians
    Pokemon Light Platinum
    Pokemon Never Black and White
    Pokemon Thunder Emblem
    Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina
    Pokemon Crono
    Pokemon Liquid Ocean
    Pokemon Dark Blue

My Top 10 but not arranged

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • !!Update!!

My New top 5...

1.Light Platinum
    2.Pokemon Brown
    3.Pokemon ruby destiny-Life of guardians
    4.Pokemon ruby destiny-Reign of legends
    5.Pokemon Prism

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2020
    Follow the link:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=184

Here, are the best hack roms you can find.
    Personally, I prefer actual remakes (like Shiny Gold, Liquid Crystal) rather than fantastic regions. However, you can find excellent hacks with original and unique storylines (I would advise you to see the ruby destiny series, as well as everything that has to do with Rijon-Brown, Prism, RijonAdventures)

By the way, all hacks are nice, but you have to find what you like.
    In my opinion, hacks that are using fakemon and fake regions are not so nice (no offense).
    That's why I think Shiny Gold is special. I don't know, why the rivals of SG do not realise how good it is. It's probably the closest game to original nintendo quality. Of course, the same goes for Liquid Crystal, which actually follow the same route as Zel's Shiny Gold.
    If you are really interested, firstly try Shiny Gold and secondly Liquid Crystal and you will be impressed by the gameplay.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • ^Honestly, the reason that I don't like remakes is because if I wanted to battle those enemies, see those scripts, and explore that world, I would get out my game boy advance and play pokemon silver. And honestly, those above reasons are what makes me play a pokemon game.

I don't care if there is shiny new graphics, I want to raise some pokemon battling different players and explore a new region while becoming involved in a storyline. Those remakes are like watching a remake of a movie: good and fun, but you already know what happens and that spoils the excitement.

Those reasons are why I dont like hacks like shiny gold, but hacks like rijon adventures also don't do it for me. Exploring a new world is the main reason to play a hack, and that game has the same basc layout as firered. Sadly, there are few good hacks that meet my criteria (I'm picky :()

While I'm ranting, I'm also going to say that I do not like fakemon. It takes me forever to get into new pokemon, and I still havent become familiar with all the diamond and pearl ones.

For me, I'll restate that I liked Light Platinum (although it did have the same basic layout as ruby, I hadn't played that game in five years so I didnt notice it). I also like Brown, Prism, and Ash's Quest (Because I always loved the anime).

/end giant wall of text

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back