• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite genaration

Favourite generation.

• Total voters

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I prefer gen 4, especially when 5 isn't even an option.

I think its combination of Pokémon, media, and game additions were the best for me. Wifi is just amazing and it made completing the Pokédex and getting hard-to-obtain Pokémon like Feebas so much easier. I was able to share Pokémon with my online friends, help them do tradebacks, and everything like that. There were a lot of brand new Pokémon that were really endearing and fun to use, too.

Also it gave me Cherrim so. You know. There was really no question.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    WOW, I'm surprised to see that 3rd Gen is winning! Usually, people bash Ruby/Sapphire, but it will ALWAYS be my #1 generation. I have so many memories of Hoenn.

Backup

Maybe Next Time
    Years
    I grew up playing Sapphire Version, so Gen III is my current favourite. I have high hopes for Unova, though.

I mean, the memories I have with it, and it had some really neat Pokémon designs. I really loved the dive HM, though many other people complain about it. ><

Hoenn was very unique :3

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    Region wise, Sinnoh. It had the most things to do in it, most challenges and legionaries and the best story line.
    Yea I agree with this. I love the Sinnoh region and the games were really awesome. But when it comes to the Pokemon, I'm gonna have to go with generation 3. Ruby was actually my first Pokemon game (I had played Red, Blue and Yellow as a kid but only borrowed ones from a friend so I could never save my game and I completely skipped over Silver, Gold and Crystal). So it has a special place in my little Pokemon loving heart. :D I loved the Hoenn arc of the anime too, if that counts. :/

I'm reaaaally looking forward to Black and White though, so gen 3 has some competition now. I'm hoping it's as good as I want it to be.

Elsword

I'm Not Sure About This
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Generation 3. I had the most fun playing it as a kid.

Gen 4 comes in at a close second, though.

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
    I pick Gen.3 but not because it has the best Pokemon but simply because it has the best and most unique region. I also like Team Aqua/Magma better than all of the other teams. Plus Gen.3 has the best music of all the generations. Only Gen.2 has a better surf theme though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I chose one and two because I grew up playing them and they hold a lot of nostalgia for me. I don't think I could ever not choose them. But, I also chose four because it really revived my love for pokémon and gave me something to really enjoy playing on my DS. I never played any gen. three games only part of Ruby on emulator but never finished. *shrug*

Back