• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite genaration

Favourite generation.

• Total voters

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Definitely the Second Generation. I had so much love and appreciation for it and despite some sorrow when re-visiting it (my Gold game died and a piece of my childhood effectively went with it), it's amazing how much it contributed to the series.

Geoff_P1

Add me on msn etc if you want.
    Years
    I think I chose GEN 1 because I grew up with it, but also I'm one of those people that think the classics can't be beaten. It's like that Don't Stop Beleving tune by Journey, the original was great, but that Glee version was so terrible!

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I like each Gen for it's own reason.

Gen1- My first region and has classics.
    Gen 2- Has lots of good competitive battlers like Tyranitar, Blissey, and Scizor.
    Gen 3- Better pokemon designs. Good music. Pretty nice storyline.
    Gen 4- Better Pokemon designs (more creativity) and lots of new features, great music, and great terrain. Also a great storyline.

And the winner is...
    Gen 4 (obviously XD)!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I started the Pokémon games with Emerald. Originally I was prejudiced against the Pokémon, because I was one of those people that hated the new. But as I played I got very much attached to the Pokémon and region and started to love them more than any other. That prompted me to like the Hoenn saga in the anime more, and I came to love the stories there. May became my favorite female lead, and I adored Ash in Hoenn.

Generation III is most definitely my favorite.

Gen II comes in second place because of nostalgia, and Gen I only is slightly behind it because I think it's been overdone. Gen IV just... no. It could have been so much better.

Gen V I have not played, but the anime has caught me. I love Dent. <3 If it were in the poll, I would have to say it does not beat Gen III, but it would be a close second.

mou

Pokemon Ranger-in-training
    Years
    Third gen all the way.

I've played all the games but for me, 3rd gen was the most memorable and the first pokemon game that I've actually beaten. Cuter pokemon. Nice bgm. Contests. Not to mention Steven |D

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    I think Gen II (Actually Gen V but i couldn't vote for it). They were the only games i could play over and over without boredom,i was impressed with the avaliability of Pokemon there so i could have a different team everytime. I'm actually not a found of Generation 3 and half of Generation 4 (Dppt.).

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    My favs are Generations 3 & 4, mainly because I'm so familiar with them. I suppose you could say gen II was well, since they had remakes which I really liked in Gen IV.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
    Years
    I had to say Generation I and Generation III. Gen I, IMO, had the best Pokémon, and the most creativity. Gen III had a lot of new features, and was the first generation I played, as well as having Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness in it. Generation IV seemed like they were getting a little desperate for designs, and just started adding new evolutions, while trying to make it appeal more to people above the age of six. Gen V holds some promise, as all the Pokémon (I think) seem to be from scratch, with no evolutions from previous generations. Gen II was great, but really didn't throw itself at me as much as I thought it could have, there were great features, and many great Pokémon (Misdreavus is one of my favorite Pokémon), but it seemed to be missing something to me.

Ice Queen

I Love May
    Years
    Gen 3 Because it has one of my fav pokemon in Hoenn Walrein. And dont forget the contests, Abilities, Battle Frontier, Diving, etc...

Years
    although i love all generations, and my favourite pokemon is first gen, my favourite gen is 3. i like the overall look of it

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    My favorite generation is generation 4 due to i think they were the best designed plus they came with sinnoh.

Btw generation 5 is out in certain places and you forgot to put for generation 4 Platinum.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    I liked 3rd gen the most. The first gen I ever started playing (Emerald), also very original way before 5th gen was introduced yet. Also contains my 2 fav Pokes, Blaziken and Gardevoir. <3

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    Gen 3, just because I enjoyed the music, my favorite Pokemon are from that gen, I thought it was creative, and it had ARCHIE. Only character from the Pokemon series I could care about.

Gen 2 comes close after, though. <3

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    I liked the second and fourth generations the best because of the pokémon designs in those generations.
    Your favourite genaration

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    The third Generation introduced May. That would be enough for me to vote it, but it also had Contests*, Pokemon like Skitty** and Beautifly**, and of course, introduced my favorite region so far, Hoenn***

*Mainly because of May
    **Mainly because May trained those
    ***Mainly because May traveled there

Manaphy.10

Not Your Average Gamer
    Years
    Generations 1 and 3 were the best in my opinion. Hoenn was beast, and R&B were fun too. D&P weren't that good though, but SS and HG are great.

Back