• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Your Favourite place in R/B/Y/G/S

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    R/B/Y: S.S. Ann and Cinnibar Mansion

G/S/C: Route 32 cause it was the first place i saw a wild Wooper and i was so shocked but was so happy about it lol i was only 6 when i got the game and it was new to me i had only been playing it for a day.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Goldenrod, definitely. There's so many little things to do there, ranging from getting a Pokemon groomed to harassing Bill for an Eevee to saving the city from a Rocket siege. The music's awesome too.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Ah, this takes me back.
    Always liked Goldenrod City - truly the 'centre' of Johto in terms of things to so, and events. And the fact that the park was nearby, and so too the breeding centre.
    Do like the ice path as well however (puzzles!), and Dragens Den as well - nice music there.

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
    I personally like Ecruteak City out of the two generations, closely followed by Mahogany Town and Blackthorn City. Oh, and who could forget Whirl Islands (HOME OF THE BEST LEGENDARY EVER)?

Ecruteak, because it was the center of Gold anc Crystal, and just had so much focus centered around it (Legendary Dogs and Ho-Oh). I also love the Burned Tower, although that's probably more due to the events of the GSC manga.

Mahogany Town is mostly due to the Lake of Rage, but also because Pryce was awesome. Blackthorn, because it had the Dragon's Den, and because the city was Dragon-obsessed generally.

But generally, I loved pretty much all of the Johto region (well, mabye not Cianwood - I found it kind of a pointless city; they may just as well have given you two badges in Olivine).

Syph Medwes

The Show
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2018
    Silver Cave. (Johto) That's for Gold and Silver. As for Blue and Red, my favorite place has got to be the shore of Cinnibar, you guys know why.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2008
    I'm a big fan of saffron in r/b/y cuz of silph and its the most real-to-its-name place on the game(i think).

I don't know about g/s/c but i like sootopolis in emerald cuz the events that happen there and how cool it looks, also mossdeep is awesome cuz thats where the space center is and the events that happen there.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
    Red Version: Proberly The pokemon League(i time myself to see what time i get record: 3.28 3 minutes 28 seconds)
    Sliver Version: Sliver Cave, Training Hall and Whirl Islands.

(this is really Jayster23 at my Friends Place his Lockmaster24)

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    my fav place is in gold or silver what ever when u go to viridian city and u go in that building where you can battel a friend that u battled in the past thats cool.

Classic-red

Fire trainer
    Years

In Pokémon red: Cinnabar island | For the glitches
    In Pokémon Gold: Goldenrod city | Don't know why, i just like it

My 10 years old brother has Crystal on his PC, never played it, but i think i like the battle tower

Edit: I like Ilex forest 2 in gold ^^,

Last edited:
    Years
    Cinnabar Island definitely. I just love the place, the mystery that hang around the Cinnabar mansion, the whole idea of a quiet island and then of course there was the Fire Gym which I absolutely loved. I was so disappointed when they reduced it to almost nothing in GSC. :(

oprah62

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2009
    in all the games i think the safari zone is the BEST!!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 2, 2008
    Goldenrod for me. I fired up my copy of Gold earlier today and it was saved there. Felt like coming home after many years away. I miss the underground market. That's a nice idea.

Back