• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favourite Starter PKMN?

Which of the 12 starter Pokemon is your favourite?

• Total voters

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    there have been a million of these threads already. anyway (A); mudkip, charmander and treecko

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2014
    i was just wondering cuz im putting my team 2gether and i no im wanting charmaneder i jus cant decide on the rest

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    at least reply on the question and NOT your favourite starter of each generation. he's asking for your favourite water, grass and fire starter of all generations. so you'll have to reply one fire starter, one water starter, one grass starter.

Years
  • Ok see now the problem with what your saying is that it all depends on the trainer because say you pick sqritle in the first region you can catch othere fire and grass pokemon so really its more up to you as an indavidualy i personally think
    Kanto Charmander
    Jhoto tododile
    hohen torchic or swampet
    Shino turtwig and chimchar
    but foir some one else it could be totally differerent so just go for the one that you think is the best

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • Mudkip~! Its so cute, how could you not like it. And its ground/water dual type is incredibly awesome. <D Not to mention that cute fin upon its head. =D Its the first starter that really appealed to me enough to think, " I've GOT to get THAT! " for the previous generations, I had a hard time deciding which starter I wanted to pick at the beginning of the game. xD;

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • My favourite is Torchic as it can become in my opinion an awesome fire and fighting type. :)

Cid

Years
  • I'd choose Piplup since I'm at the 4th Generation right now (I'm playing Diamond)...

Why? Well, maybe because he has balanced Attack and Defense and he can also learn Ice-type attacks, like any other Water-type Pokemon. Also, his final evolution, Empoleon, is part-Steel type, which has resistance to Dragon-types...

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
  • first starter i ever got was cyndaquil...Also from a strageric stand point its pretty good

Game Freak

Pokémon Executive
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2009
    well, yifrst was charmander, and the original basic deck charmander card brings back a lot of memories, but the one that is my favorite is mudkip.

i luv mudkipz :D

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Cyndaquil...

Although it's slowly changing to Totodile...

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Gotta go with Bulbasaur, although to me all of the Kanto Starters are pretty even, possibly just due to nostalgic value. Not a fan of Venusaur, but Ivysaur is one of my favorite first generation Pokemon. (On a strange note, although I picked Bulbasaur, I like every stage of both the Squirtle and Charmander lines.)

Back