• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Console

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    NES

Various Simpsons games (other than Krusty's Funhouse), various Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games, BattleToads, Contra, Blades of Steel, and Tetris.

Had the SMB + Duck Hunt duo. Just never liked Mario games until SNES.
    Wasn't into Zelda series until SNES.

My friends had other systems such as Intellivision and Atari. Controllers with dials, knobs, and joysticks. Oh yes.

I also had a "basement-size" slot car track with several loops and switch paths.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    -Drumroll -

The good ol' Playstation 1. I remember playing Spyro and Crash Bandicoot on that baby! Haha; the good memories. But I have a large variety of consoles, not as much as some but a fair few.

1. Playstation1 x2
    2. Playstation 2
    3. Wii
    4. GBC
    5. Nintendo Ds Lite
    6. PSP Lite

I really enjoy experiences all the games on each console but my original would be the Playstation! :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    First video game system: Game Boy*

First home console system: Super NES*

*Technically, both belonged to my brother but I played them so much they might as well have been the "family" systems. The first system that was bought specifically for me was a clear Game Boy (part of a series of Game Boys with colored cases that was a Nintendo promotion that I believe was called "Play It Loud").

Since then I have personally owned a Game Boy Advance, a DS Phat, and my current DS Lite. All of our home consoles (SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii) have been shared by my brother and myself. Yeah, we're a Nintendo family xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My very first gaming console was the original PlayStation, though I used it only occasionally; when I did, I usually had a good time. Back then, most of my video gaming was from the PC.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    My first console was the original Nintendo. You all know. It came with Mario, Donkey Kong, Duck Hunt with the pistol, rifle, and the bazooka! And only had A and B button and dirrection arrows. Life was good =)

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    The first console I played was the GameBoy colour but the first console I owned, which was not any of my brothers, was a Gamecube in black, in fact I bought my own GameBoy colour after my Gamecube.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    My first console was...

This:
    Spoiler:

I have no ida how much I played it as I was only little, but my parents were big fans of video-games. I have cool parents. :bandit: XD I have classics like Super Mario Bros and Kid Icarus. Oh, and Tetris and Duck Hunt. :P I also have two "Nes Zappers" (I had to use Wikipedia to find out what they are called. *facepalm*)

Funnily enough, I actually have 2 Nintendo Entertainment Systems (or Nes'.) One is broken though. :(

Last edited:

Bologna

One might call me "hip"
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    My first console was the Nintendo 64, best. thing. evar. I still love it, and it's still my all time favorite. The good games are most definitely GoldenEye 007, Super Smash Bros., and Mario Kart. Man do I love those games.

Years
    My first console was a Sega Megadrive. I played a lot of Sonic back in the day.
    The first console I bought for myself was a N64.
    I am the master of Mario Kart. :D
    I also had Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Snap (win!) and a few other random games as well.
    I now have the same Sega and N64 as well as a DSi, PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox360 and Wii. I like the options I have.

Back