• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first E4 team

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Alright guys, I was wondering... What team did you use to beat the E-4 the first time? Im talking the VERY first time lol. I personaly haven't even got there yet, but im curious to see what you guys did:)

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I don't remember too clearly.
    On Pearl it was something like Torterra, Empoleon, Azelf, etc. but I used Azelf to beat the entire Elite Four with Nasty Plot.

On Platinum it was Ambipom, Tropius, Weavile, Floatzel, Magnezone, and Infernape, but not in that order.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    Diamond- Torterra, Dialga, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, and Starly

Platinum-Blaziken, Metagross, Rotom, Manaphy, Magenium, Gyarados

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2016
    Well, the first time in D/P/P it was with this team, on Diamond.

Infernape
    Torterra
    Gastrodon
    Staraptor
    Garchomp
    and another one i can't remember, will edit if i do.

But the VERY first time i ever beat the E4 (on Gold version) I used one Pokémon, a Typhlosion. I still remember it's level at the very end of the game (before i beat Red), it was level 91. *Sigh* good times, good times.

Alec_

Years
    I think there is another thread for this. But im not really sure soo. Here's mine ^^.
    I used Infernape, Purugly, Staraptor, Dialga, Mesprit, Roserade. And i pawn all the Elite Four. xD.

~Fairytales.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    Well, when I beat the E4 for the first time in my Diamond I had Infernape, Staraptor, Roserade, Whiscash, Luxray and Honchkrow but I restarted because they were so low leveled and kinda crappy. XD
    Now I had Infernape, Torterra, Empoleon, Lopunny, Altaria and Tyranitar and I just love them all. 8D Still, because they are not as best as they could be I´m going to retrain few of them.

In my Pearl I used Empoleon, Staraptor, Magnezone, Mamoswine, Venusaur and Blaziken and I haven´t restarted, yet. XD

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    Oh, nostalgia..... in Silver, years ago, i defeated the whole Elite 4 and Champ only with my overpowered Feraligr and his Slash / Ice Punch on Lance's dragons =D

Anyway, my FIRST E4 team was naturally in Red this: Gengar, Akakazam, Charizard, Arcanine, Gyarados, Pidgeot... oO"

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    As I stated in the 'Luck' thread, i'm pretty sure my first "team" consisted of an overtrained Venusaur with Cut and a couple of lower level Pokémon.

In terms of a proper team, I think it was something like Blastoise, Sandslash, Machamp and Alakazam.

Last edited:

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I cant remember the first but I do remember beating the E4 on Crystal with a Meganium and a Snorlax

Zach.Is.Me.

As my name suggests, I am Zach
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    First time EVER on Pokemon Red, it was pretty much a level 94 Charmander (yes, which I never evolved), and a Jolteon that was in the high 80's which took care of pretty much everyone. I just used the rest of my pokemon to take damage while I used hyper potions on those two.

It's a terrible strategy and you end up spending more money on revives and potions than you win, haha.

But I just beat the Elite 4 on FireRed with Charizard, Hitmonchan, Tentacruel, Jolteon, Kadabra and Butterfree all mid 50's.

Ayselipera

I must of been 6 or so and had no
    idea what I was doing. I had Vulpix,
    Typhlosion, Kadabra, and Dragonite.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    FireRed: Charizard, Jolteon, Lapras, Pidgeot, Dragonair (later changed to Charizard, Raichu, Vaporeon, Pidgeot, Clefable, and Aerodactyl)
    Platinum: Empoleon, Weavile, Garchomp, Staraptor, Luxray, Leafeon

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
    Well the very first time in Red I know I had a Venusuar, Kadabra (usu didn't have someone to trade with), Raichu. I can't remember the rest of the team.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    Red: Blastoise, Piedgeot, Omastar, Aerodactyl, Dugtrio, Moltres
    Crystal: Feraligatr, Primeape, Blastoise, Noctowl, Lugia, Golduck
    Sapphire: Blaziken, Swellow, Tropius, Relicanth, Gardevoir, Kyogre
    Emerald: Swampert, Swellow, Camerupt, Exploud, Breloom, Rayquaza
    LeafGreen: Venusaur, Pidgeot, Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mewtwo
    FireRed: Charizard, Magneton, Fearow, Articuno, Dugtrio, Mewtwo
    Diamond: Torterra, Staraptor, Roserade, Luxray, Mesprit, Dialga
    Pearl: Empoleon, Medicham, Azelf, Luxray, Floatzel, Palkia
    Platinum: (So far) Psyduck, Monferno, Metang, Electabuzz, Staravia, Feraligatr
    (Plan for E4) Infernape, Metagross, Electivire, Feraligatr, Staraptor, Giritina

Back