• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

your first pokemon game

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    My first Pokemon game was Saphire for GBA :D
    But the first game I played was Silver.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Crystal version. At the age of seven I technically got it off my old neighbour who gave it to my elder brother but, he was playing Pokemon Yellow still so he let me "borrow" it, eventually I became addicted to it and kept it for myself. He didn't seem too bothered that I pitched his Pokemon Crystal Version, in fact I still have it now. He cared a lot, didn't he?

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    My first game was Pokemon Blue, when I was about 8 or 9. Then I got red, then Yellow. When Gold and Silver came out, I bought SIlver first, then Gold a few weeks later.

I skipped R/S, as the pokemon looked like something my little brother drew, picked up LG for nostalgia and then came back to Gen 4. I got pearl, and then HG, and SS. I let my girlfriend have my Pearl, so she could play with me (now she's obsessed, and also has my SS) So I got platinum. I recently went back and bought Saphire, though, I want to find emerald and can't find it in any stores.

I still feel like gen 3 is the one where they were lacking in originality, but they're still fun. I enjoy the region, if not the story/pokemon within it. It's okay, as I pretty much exclusively use 1st and second gen pokemon only.

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
    My first was the Red version, which I got during Christmas of '98. That was I believe way back when I was in 3rd grade as well.

Gosh it's been a while, I got Blue with my own allowance some time after. And the Christmas that Yellow came out I got that along with the GBC then as well. But that is sorta besides the point. XD

bOxieLiciOus

not here 4 lipsyncing
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    my first game was of course, pokemon yellow. i think i gave it to my friend. xx;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    /reads up
    Easter Gift? Wow. XD;

Anyway, my first game was Gold (yeah started gen 2), but then went to Crystal and got R/B/Y, so I didn't miss out on gen 1 that much, since I was still young at that time, (though Gold/Crystal was better than playing gen 1 for the first time). --Ooh, just remembered when I played through and was facing Erika in my backyard, random. XD;

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    My first ever was Silver. I remember I got stuck on Jasmine with my Pidgeot.. It was all I trained. A level 54 Pidgeot and that Lv. 22 Bayleef in the corner. Sadly, I lost that cartridge. I'd love to go back and play it sometime.

Stupid Magnemite.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    First Pokémon game I ever played was Blue. I was 9 years old. It was the best experience ever and it pretty much changed my life forever. Sounds weird...but I'm on a Pokémon forum so I'm sure people will get it!^^

Then, in order, these are the games I played:

• Silver
    • Emerald
    • Diamond
    • Fire Red
    • Soul Silver

I just bought Pokémon Red at a pawn shop the other day and I'm playing it old school in my Gameboy Color! Soooo excited!

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    my first was silver. however, since my brother primarily played it because I was like "OH GOD WAT DO NAOW???" and he just did it.

the first game I owned and played all on my lonesome is yellow and sapphire can also count, because I stole yellow from my brother, more or less. still play it. :D

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Yellow for me....watched the anime when it debuted on Kid's WB and got into it, then I played a demo of Yellow and was hooked....bought a Game Boy Color just to play it (since my old Game Boy had been stolen several years before).

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    My first pokemon was Gold version. It was sooooo cool, and I played through the whole game around six or seven times. I remember playing on my Gameboy Colour and I must have been like 6 or seven or something and I remember thinking how completely awesome the graphics were LOL. I cant ever play that Gold again though because of how bad the graphics seem now. Ironic. My next game was Sapphire on my Gameboy SP then Emerald, then Diamond, then Platinum then HG and soon Black and White.

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    My first game was Blue Version.

I got it for my 10th birthday.

Years
    The first Pokemon game that I played was Pokemon Yellow. Thinking back, I'm actually surprised that I was quite good at it, despite being 7 or 8. However, this wasn't technically my first game, as Yellow was my cousin's. The first game that I actually owned was Pokemon Gold.

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
    Pokemon Blue for me. Ah, the good old days, when there were only 150 Pokemon and you could get lvl 132 Venusaurs by talking to the Old Man.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    I've been a Pokemon fan since the very beginning. I embarked my journey with Blue version, and then proceeded onto the future games.

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
    I...Don't remember exactly, but I followed Pokemon from the beginning. If my memory's good, I think my first version was the Yellow one.
    I remember when I was playing that game while my dad was driving, I was totally into the Pokemon world, I wasn't even paying any attention to the outside as I usually do now.

Back