• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

your first pokemon game

La Denryu

WITTY CAPTION
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    Pokemon Yellow for me <:

Actually, I was 5 years old, and I had to share it with my older sister, so I didn't get to play much. I was stuck in Pallet for ages and I was like "Sis, am I in Pewter city yet?" "Well, what do you see around you?" "um, a fat guy and a big house" "....You're still in Pallet, idiot, give it here."
    And I hated that my starter was a Pikachu, and that I couldn't catch a Meowth.

Then I got Blue, and everything was all better <:

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Haha, my very first Pokemon Game.. It'd have to be Pokemon Gold. That game was a masterpiece, to be honest though, it wasn't even mine, it was my good friends game, I was only 4, and I borrowed it for about a Month, my Mom was in the hospital for her back, and I played it when I went to visit her.

Later on though, my first ACTUAL Pokemon game ( ACTUAL meaning the one I actually owned myself ) was Pokemon Ruby. All these games didn't seem special at the time because they were just games, but nowadays I look back and Say: "Wow, I actually miss that day I walked through the Grocery Store playing my Gameboy and Pokemon Ruby. "

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My first game was Pokemon Yellow. :) I never made it past Brock and then I lost it. lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2023
    First pokémon game i ever played was Yellow
    by that time, i was 7, and had no idea that was a gameboy game (seriously, a "friend" tricked me saying it was a pc game, when he gave me no$gbc with the rom, in a 3 1/2 floppy disk)
    oh, old times... As for cartridges, my fist game was Emerald, as i didn't get the chance to grab myself a GBC, just GBA

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    First was Blue. Played the crap out of it. I don't remember when I got it, but I do remember having a Yellow version. Lost it to the bath.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    First Pokemon game I played was Red, which I shared with my younger brother. Two months later, I got Blue for myself for Christmas. :D

Years
    My first game was Yellow. I adored it.
    To be honest, I still have it and my oldschool gameboy lying around my bedroom to this day.
    I have Silver also and now I also have a DS that I can play HG on.
    Still needing to buy D/P though.

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
    Blue version, although I was stuck in the first town for about 10 months since I didn't bother to read anything back then.

Years
    Pokemon Red, and I was 6 or so. I remember first having incredible trouble with Misty and later with a random Dugtrio in Diglett's cave, so I just dumped by Ivysaur (it had been underleveled and I never used the awesomeness Leech Seed because I thought it would always do only 1 damage. I had been trusting the type advantage, without any success) and went on a Nidoking rampage instead. It knew Horn Attack, Thrash, Bubblebeam and Thunderbolt; I thought this was the best possible moveset. How wrong I was...
    Well, it's at least better than good ol' Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Blast and Fire Spin 'zard, right?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Haha, @mondays 'zard.

Yes, I remember clearly : my Sapphire Blaziken Solo in 2003, at the age of 5. I just got my GBA and I had been with it day and night : the very extension of my arm ! I soloed up to Steven with 'Ken (80-90 by the end O_O) and had a lot of tries against him. In the end, I won.

That childhood memory caused my love for Blaziken and fire types in general. Most people on PC know about my love (I had various references, some themes, etc.), but I thought I might as well put it here ! :-)

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    My first Pokemon game, eh? That would be Pokemon Yellow. I was young, and generally did awful at it. Was I the only person to get stuck on Brock?

I soon got past that part, by using Nidoking :D

Sho7gun

IV Inquisitor
    Years
    My 1st game was Pokemon Red. Back in the day when playing Pokemon with Colour was a dream yet to come true & Shinies hadn't even come into it! :O Shock Horror :O

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
    Pokemon Blue. Still my favourite game, but I never play it. I wasted many hours with the mew glitch to obtain all 151 pokemon and trained them up with the help of rare candies from missigno. (This was after I had played through the game countless number of times) I don't want to restart because then all my hardwork would be gone.

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
    Years
    I believe it was Pokemon Ruby. I got it when my brother said he needed someone to play with.

Back