• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny pokemon

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
    My First ever encounter of a shiny was in Ice Cave on Silver, just near the end of the cave, Shiny Delibird. But I had no Pokeballs D: So I ran from it (Not aware of how the shiny System works so many years ago) I ran to the mart and bought pokeballs, ran back and spent hours searching for my lost Shiny Delibird. >.<
    My second Shiny was on Pearl, I was training a Lavitar East (I think) of Jubilife and then Shiny Starly Appeared, Damn was I mad, I Hate Starly. >.< (I caught it anyway cause it sparkles xD)

skorupoke

Skorupi! Use Poison Fang!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    The very first wild Pokemon I saw in Fire Red was a shiny Rattata. That was the luckiest moment of my whole life!

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    i would even waste a master ball when it comes to shineys!

ProfessorRolly

Professor
    Years
    Mine was a Tentacruel in Leafgreen. I was like wow omg omg I don't care how many pokeballs I throw at it and the first ultraball caught it. I named him Squishy, and then 6 weeks later my nephew stole my game and sold it to a kid. OMG were has my Squishy gone?!?

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
    I was playing my diamond and heading to stark mountain when poof a shiny craby appeared second was a few months ago in gold i was doing the bug catching contest when i found a shiny caterpie (that one was a rom)

Senoue

I'm back to rise!
    Years
    my first shiny was a shiny Torchic in emerald when I was trying to breed one for a friend....and it was first try to ^_^

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Ooops, I forgot:

I found a Red Gyarados.

Now you're probably thinking: "Huh, who hasn't got that.." but it wasn't in Gold, Silver or Crystal.

It was in Sootopolis in Emerald. I was just fishing there at my friend's house and suddenly I run into a Red Gyarados and i'm like O_O OMG!

I think I caught it. I don't know where it is now though.

Years
    My first ever shiny, and all my others, were traded to me x3
    I have never seen one ]:

Though, the first shiny traded to me was a Shiny Magicarp...
    LOL

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
    First shiny i ever have gotten was a shiny milotic from a trade although, shortly into my platinum i did encounter a shiny budew and caught it on my first try^^

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    guys.... seriously you kept switching on and off your DS to get a shiny legendary?

oldenmw

so i herd u liek mudkipz
    Years
    *ubercry* i was playing firered and was starting a new game when i ran into a shiny pigey AND I HAD NO POKEBALLS WAH!!

THEN A SHINY RATTATA RIGHT AFTER !!!

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    First shiny was a shiny Machoke near Snowpoint City or whatever that city is called. lol

Years
    Oh, how fondly I remember this. XD

I had played the Pokemon franchise for 10 years, and I had never seen a shiny. I wished that it would happen, but I just never saw it coming. I have just never dedicated that many hours to a Pokemon game.

But one day, I just picked up a copy of LeafGreen and played. And I just felt like grinding, so I did.

I caught each new Pokemon I saw, and basically decided to train them to their second evolution (or in some cases, final) just for hahas.

Before defeating Brock, I was working on making my Charmeleon a Charizard and my Mankey a Primeape. I was really enjoying myself, just playing mindlessly late into the night. Then, sometime around midnight, I noticed something different.

A red Metapod. I went berserk. I couldn't believe it! My first shiny! I went to my Pokeballs and caught it instantly, knowing I would probably never have a chance like this again.

I named it Beloved and trained it to the fine level of 11. It evolved into a shiny Butterfree, and it resides in my Pokemon Ranch to this day. :3

Years
    I think it was on my Ruby.I showed it to my 19 year old brother(This was last year),and he thought it wasn't Shiny,even though I knew he had played Pokemon for ages.Now I have a Shiny Tentacool somewhere,and the Shiny Latias I got from Zadow.

Back