• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny pokemon

M4CK_M4YN3

Felix_The_Cat
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2012
    my first shiny pokemon was in pokemon emerald when i found a shiny lotad and cought it brought it to the elite four and i dont even like the pokemon it was my first shiny though

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    A shiny Rhyhorn in FireRed's Safari Zone. Which just had to flee. T_T

First caught Shiny is a Bidoof ^_^ (By chaining on route 201 in Diamond.)

Years
    Teddiursa-on gold near mahogany town, but i defeated it for some reason lol
    RSE (i cant remember which one) but shiny golbat in rayquazas tower

Years
    shiny graveler on pearl and later i also found a shiny onix on crystal and a shiny bidoof when i started a new game in pearl without having deleted the old save :'(

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    the shiny garados lol everyone who as played gen 2 has one
    umm i've never caught a shiny
    but the first one i obtained was a shiny zubat

Years
    My first and only random shiny was a Zigzagoon in Ruby. It was found in the beginning of the game(going to battle rival 1st time) so I had no Pokeballs to catch it. My first caught shiny was a chained Shinx in Platinum.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
    I'm pretty certain it was a Slugma, I found in LeafGreen - I was just grinding some random Pokémon, when suddenly, I came across this sparkling Slugma, (I was all like "OMG!!") which I - obviously - had to catch.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    My first Shiny Pokemon was a Budew.

I just started my Diamond Version and this wierd colored Budew randomly appeared out of nowhere! Luckily I had some PokeBalls, and caught it.

Torii

GX Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2011
    My first ever shiny pokemon was Spinda In emerald I didnt even realize it was shiny it looked diffrent then other spindas so i caught it~

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    The first shiny I saw was a shiny Weedle in the bug catching contest in my Gold. I weakened it to the red (cool), I paralyzed it (awesome) and then I ran from it on accident while trying to go to my Bag (FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....).

My next shiny came about 2 months ago when I restarted my Platinum. I had just gotten some PokeBalls and went to find a level 4 Staravia at the lake. Instead, I found a level 2 shiny Starly. I was happy. and it was soooo much more worth it.

I still have the Starly (Staravia now) and it serves me well, even if I don't play all too often anymore.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    R/B: None
    G/S: A Pidgey.
    R/S: A Wingull
    D/P: Quagsire, but I traded it.

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
    The first one I caught was a shiny female Bidoof in Platinum that is now a Bibarel. I named it Honey Pot.

The first one I ever saw was a shiny Golduck on Pearl, but the game froze.

Lunaby

I draw a pretty awesome Toucan
    Years
    First one was in Crystal, went exploring a cave, Surfed, and there was a shiny marrill. Was excited to see it, lowered it's HP, then found out that there was no room in my PC. I had to kill it. Dx

Next one was in a Sapphire game. Was helping a friend through a cave and BAM! shiny zubat. I caught it for them and they gave it to me, but it wasn't my OT and such. xP

Then I finally chained a shiny Ponyta on Diamond, then a shiny Swablu (cuz they're so cute x3), and then began breeding for shinies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    The first that I found a shiny was Geodude in my first ever Silver file. Right after I got my five Pokeballs, I went on Route 46 and found it after battling a few times. I thought it was a glitch, but I still caught it. Weary of what it could do, I put it in my box and never let it see the light of day. When I actually learnt what a shiny was I began to moved it around from game to game, but never actually did anything with it.

It was still alive when my Silver's internal battery died six years later.

Back