• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reira

Living For A Reason
Years
  • Well... I haven't actually CAUGHT a shiny pokémon. I've only seen one once.

Unfortunately it was a Lairon, and it knew the move 'Roar'. . . So guess what happened.

Natsuki_Kuga

Raichu Hybrid
    Years
  • First Shiny I'd ever gotten in DPP, I actually got from a convention event; it was a shiny Mudkip that I got from the HALOLZ booth at Anime Expo, unfortunately she was pretty hacked to where she came in a Cherish Ball, so she isn't exactly legit, but I adore her to bits anyways-she's a great big Swampert now though

Last edited:

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I caught my first official shiny pokemon just 2 days ago. I was looking for gengar in the old chateau, and I found a shiny ghastly. I really only noticed it at first glance because it was blue, then my mind went "OH CRAP A SHINY!"
    I do have other shinies, but they were migrated.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    It was actually, ironically enough, a shiny Piplup. I was surprised and overjoyed with the discovery.

salot

Gomu Gomu no Jet Pistol(K.O)
    Years
  • today i broke a chain to 29 shinx in pokemon platinum my record already omg it is too dificult the only by luck shiny i ever got was a primeape atpokemon emerald xD

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    my first shiny was a traded drapion, the first one I caught was a shiny staravia

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I believe my first shiny was a Tentacool on Pokemon Diamond.
    I was looking for a Mantyke for my Pokedex and I ended up encountering one and my eyes got big.
    I ended up catching it, didn't bother EVing it since I didn't know what it was, and evolved it.
    Now it rots in my Diamond box with my other shinies.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • Purple Drowzee was my first wayyyyy back in Gold, I had no idea what was going on, and my only other is a blue Voltorb in Plat.

Years
  • My first shiny was in Victory Road while I was going to get Shaymin. It was a Shiny Golbat. I was with a partner so I got nervous that she would kill it, so I ended up having to kill her Arcanine first. XD

Cheyanne

I have Yusei Fudo's Zorua.
    Years
  • I found a Shiny Buizel in Platinum approx. a week ago near Pastoria. My first shiny in a 4th gen game. Haven't had a shiny since GSC.

That was the only shiny I've found in Platinum or D/P too. I found him in the VallyWindworks I was like oh! a gold Buizel. XD

metalfalcon

metalfalcon is not a Skarmory
    Years
  • My first shiny was Pachirisu from chaining. I ended up catching about 9 or 10 of them. I'm selling some in my thread in my sig *cheap plug*

RawrimDino

beautiful disaster
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2010
    my first shine was my charizard after i made my original one breed. Charizard for the win!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back