• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
  • Pokemon FireRed
    I'm in a cave(I forgot which one)and I come across a shiny Zubat. I was like "WTF? Why's it green?".
    Well, guess what I did. Embered it like it was a regular old Zubat and moved on. How naive I was......

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Havent gotten one in Plat, but my first was a shiny pidgy in fire red, I was like all "Holly crap! Dont die dont die dont die!" Then I got a shiny Golbat, but I cant find her now.... I think it got deleted :'(

joshk_bra

EV trains like a boss.
    Years
  • beside silver verison, i found a shiny pochena in ruby, but sadly it was before they game me pokeballs =[. then in platinum i found a green zubat in a cave =]

o yeah also i ran into a shiny nidorino, in the safari zone fml =[

Last edited:

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • In Diamond my first shiny was a hatched Nincada which really surprised me since I couldn't tell the difference between a shiny and regular colored ones.

Years
  • I've never caught a shiny (besides the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage in Gen II) but my friend's traded me a couple shinys. I have a shiny Rayquaza, a shiny Ditto, and probably some others, I just don't know off the top of my head :P

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Other than the red Gyarados, I recently caught a shiny Minun in ruby and a shiny Tentacruel in Platinum

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    My first shiny was the Red Gyrados from Silver. But my first shiny from current generations was a shiny Ludicolo I got from my friend, and now I have a shiny starmie that I am keeping forever!

jefflee915

Treating all pokemon equally
    Years
  • i haven't caught a shiny in ages...i remember the first shiny i ever saw was in crystal.. it was a blue venonat, then it was the red gyarados and then a dark ponyta but nothing from the newer gens yet

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    My first was a Level 37 Shiny Linoone in Pokemon Emerald. That is the only shiny I have found myself, and I have played through all the Pokemon games except Pearl several times.

spoink17

Top pokemon co-ordinater
    Years
  • my first shiny in dppt was a shinny starly i saw it in diamond when i first got it it was the first pokemon i ever caught in the 4 gen pokemon games it happend right after i got my first pokeballs i was made though because i hate starly!

firestormx19

i'm never loging in again.
    Years
  • my first shiny was from platinum it was a shiny starly. was testing out the poke radar to see if it could really help me find shines. my first shiny from gold was the shiny onix. it just pop up want i was trading some pokemon and this onix was common. because it would pop up alot in my game. but what was weird was want i evolved it or evolved my shiny rhydon it would turn in to a non shiny ryhorn or steelix. never got any real shinys in the gba games or pokemon diamond.

Meganom

I forgot xD
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2012
    My first Shiny was a Rattata in Leaf Green when I was just catching pokemon to migrate the kanto starters, a Rattata Shiny appeared out of nowhere, and my second Shiny a year later was Rayquaza in Saphire xD

Rei

Years
  • I honestly dont think ive ever run into a shiny pokemon.
    Even if i did i wouldnt of caught it for the mere fact that i dont catch anything that i wont use ha :p

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2010
    First shiny was my Luxio which i got on accident by chaining and its the only shiny i got :o

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • The only shiny I've ever seen in the wild was a shiny Onix, and that was back when I didn't realise just how rare it was to come across them without chaining. I let it go because I didn't particularly want a brown Onix (but the gold Steelix is so pretty, I wish I'd caught it).

I have a shiny Miltank and Cubone from ~RNC~ that I love dearly. ;3; I'd sure love to get a shiny Charmander one day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back