• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First shiny

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
My first shiny ever was an Aron. I don't know if it was from Ruby or Emerald.

At the time I had no idea what shiny Pokemon were so I named it 'Red Eyes' (I think) and started telling my friend that I had an evil Pokemon.

Years
Ah, I remember my first shiny. I was casually surfing on my Pelipper before I randomly decided to use my good old fishing rod and catch me something, next thing you know a pink Wailmer appears on the other side of the field.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Sadly, the first shiny I even got was a Poliwhirl in X. Caught it with a Quick Ball... then my 3DS died before I could save. And it was the first shiny I had ever seen. I've been playing Pokémon for like two years, and that was the only one so far... and like I said, I forgot to save. Plus I was chaining for this one, it wasn't random. It seems like the universe wants me to never get a shiny.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2018
I encountered my first shiny some weeks ago playing Black 2 Randomized on my Flashcard, when I found a shiny Politoed! ^-^ And it took me dozens of loaded savestates to catch it xD

PhantomWolf

SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERCEDES BENZ
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 2, 2017
my first legit shiny was nidoran male on soulsilver. My first x and y shiny was a zigzagoon. I caught both.

Crzyphl

The Crazy Phil
Years
  • Age 28
  • Ohio
  • Seen May 1, 2014
My first shiny was back in platinum, I got a shiny starly by accident using the pokeradar whilst looking for a nidoran. Gotta fill up that pokedex!
The first shiny i kindasorta got was in firered. It was my file but my older brother was derpin around the sevii islands and found a shiny hoppip. Not sure wether to curse or thank him.

Back