• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first time playing pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    I remember when i was a little kid, , my friend had just got a gameboy and we were on a flight to miami... He starts playing this game and lucky me i got to sit by him, i ask him whats this? hes like pokemon and he let me play and i was hooked instantly (i had never played a video game and i was like 7) I went home convince my parents to buy me a gameboy color the next year and i just started playing pokemon non stop wasting hours away... First game was pokemon blue and it was so much fun. Me and my brother would go head to head Via system link and i remember fighting about trading pokemon (his friend had got him a mew). Good times man...

When was your first time?

CT_400

Turtle Lover
    Years
    My first time was after I watched the very first episode of Pokemon...

Ahhh, that was when the shows were actually GOOD

Anyway, after that, I was hooked and I've been buying the games ever since.

I don't buy the rager games 'cuz I think it's stupid....

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I was about 8 or 9 years old, I'd been watching the anime for a few weeks so my parents decided to buy me Pokémon Blue. I remember playing it the majority of that day. I still remember using my old link cable to trade and battle the people in my street. Good times.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    My first time was after I watched the very first episode of Pokemon...

Ahhh, that was when the shows were actually GOOD

Anyway, after that, I was hooked and I've been buying the games ever since.

I don't buy the rager games 'cuz I think it's stupid....

haha agreed man the show was very addicting i took a day off in my summer and watched like 10 episodes of the first season it was so revolutionary and yet so satisfying loved it

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    Either pokemon stadium you pokemon yellow.

My cousin scammed my wartortile for a magneton :(

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    All the boys played it all the time. I was about 10 or 11 then. So my mom bought me a GBA and my first game was Crystal. It was love after that :)

Haha i actually never played crystal, somehow i skipped over it. Funny tho i bet all the boys were impressed

Either pokemon stadium you pokemon yellow.

My cousin scammed my wartortile for a magneton :(

Oh thats messed up , revenge :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The year when Gold and Silver first came out, my parents bought me a Gameboy Color (a nice gold one with pichu and pikachu on it. Too bad I lost it) and both games. That night I started playing my Silver, and it was like love at first sight. ♥

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Ah, my first pokemon game was Sapphire.
    That I owned.

I rented Ruby from blockbuster, and thought it was "too hard", so I got sapphire to fill my needs. XD

I was so little. XD

My player was A.D. Lou, an epic girl from Littleroot town starting out with a Torchic.
    I so regret deleting her. She was epic.
    I made it all the way to Battle Tower.

I might re-create her. One day.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    The year when Gold and Silver first came out, my parents bought me a Gameboy Color (a nice gold one with pichu and pikachu on it. Too bad I lost it) and both games. That night I started playing my Silver, and it was like love at first sight. ♥

Haha nice man i still have my really old gameboy color yellow with pikachu, jigglypuff and togepi (idk if i spelled that right) its pretty cool. Too bad you lost it maybe you'll find it again

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    My first was red. I watched the pokemon show on TV, and while I thought Ash was...not very smart, I wanted to have my own pokemon. So for Christmas my mom and aunt got my cousins and I two copies of Red (one for me, another for my one cousin) and Blue for my other cousin. .

Ayselipera

Well watching the anime was my first introduction into Pokemon. I wasn't introduced into the games until Gold and Silver came out. I was over my cousin's house and he let me play his Gold version for a little while. I was hooked and then begged my parents for a game boy and a Pokemon game. Then on Easter, which is a holiday I never got actual presents on... my Grandmother came over and gave me a Silver game boy and Pokemon Gold. It was a pleasant surprise. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back