• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your hardest battle

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    Ghetsis without a doubt. This was the FIRST time my samurott died even though he was level 58 , dang you hydreigon!! His hydreigon and seismitoad had really high defense. I had to use swords dance 2-3 times just to OHKO him lol xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...HOW? I'm pretty sure that there is NO WAY you could get these in the game before beating it.

Did you hax?

Nono, you can use past Pokemon via trading, so if you trade with someone who beat the games quickly, and caught the past gens, effectively they could trade them to you and you could use them. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    It may sound a little stupid but i'd say the first gym. I chose Snivy as a starter and got through the game quite well until the first gym. My Snivy was at level 16, a very strong start for gym challenges as far as i know. I fought against Chili and never won until i blacked out several times. I came up with a strategy by using growth all the way up till the max during the fight with Lilipup and that pretty much did the trick.

P.S I didn't know i could get a Panpour as a gift until later after the gym battles. XD

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    My hardest battle was with Ghetsis. I did beat him first go but it was a fair old grind. I used so many hyper potions, revives and 3 max revives. I was relived when it ended.

In my opinion though, it wouldn't of been that hard if I had my Krookodile in my team at the time.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    I guess my hardest battle was when I was facing Clay when I started out with Tepig on Pokemon White, because well, normally I would now of had a Lilligant by then, but...no, I wanted it to learn better moves, and his Excadrill outsped and OHKO'd my Pignite because I didn't let it stay in against his Palipotoad, whiiiiich normally I would of used flame change and get the speed boost. D=

So, Excadrill was a little tricky to beat, but, other than that, everyone one else weren't to bad of a challenge.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Definitely Cheren in one of our early battles. I was grinding my team like crazy and they were all fainted. Panpour was the only one healthy enough to battle.

Anyways, two Work Up's and 2 super potions later I set up a sweep.

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    Yeah, I think N healed you or something. I remember freaking out because I assumed I would be fighting N, but then afterwards, I had 3 fainted Pokemon and Ghetsis was running at me and I was like "oh sh--" but then my Pokemon were healed when I went into battle.
    I also freaked out lol. Even worst for me because I only had one Zekrom in red health alive at the time xD. I didn't spoil myself so I totally didn't expect him and my team was 52, 50, 50, 45, 45, 44 >_<. Still won first time though thanks to the heal start =P.

PokeTerra2011

Elite Guard: Commander General
    Years
    For me, Ghetis was a huge chump. So was the Elite Four the first time around and N. I was underleveled and still pwnt them in the face. My worst battle came when in regard to Cynthia. Man, I thought she was strong in Platinum, here, she litterly OHKO half my team. I was BARELY able to beat her. I have to be glad that her Dragon Rush on my Samurott missed and I got in two ice beams to 2HKO her Garchomp. When I see her Garchomp, it makes me miss the little guy. I must say some may think my team is kinda bad because I use two dragons. Lol.

Team:
    Samurott
    Infernape
    Electivire
    Hydreigon
    Haxorus (probably will replace with Garchomp later)
    Staraptor

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Ghetsis was my hardest battle in the game by far. All of my Pokémon were underlevelled and his Hydreigon simply KO'ed all of my Pokémon. I used like 10 revives, 20 hyper potions and like 10 full restores. Luckily my Excadrill was a bit overlevelled, so I managed to beat him in the end. (Excadrill only had like 20 HP left after the battle though)

My second hardest battle must be Elesa. She knocked out my entire party like 20 freaking times. I was about to throw my DS. ._. But managed to beat her in the end, god I was happy.

The next time I'm going to play through the game, I'm gonna make sure my Pokémon aren't underlevelled and that I have the correct type advantages against the different gym leaders. I never really expected Black & White to be this much harder than the previous games.

JacOat12

A red dragon with a nice hat
    Years
    I guess Elisa did cause me a little trouble. I had my Krokorok and he managed to take out one Emolga and her zebra... but then I got paralyzed on her last Emolga and it managed to get 4 Double Teams. Oh, I thought I was going to lose so bad... Since, you know, the game favors the computer with paralyzation...

Dusk White

Terra's Protege
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2014
    The hardest battle was battling the fourth gym leader. It was hard because she kept using volt switch and spark that kept parlyzed me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    A wild Pokémon on the first route :p I've yet to play the game properly.

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
    Years
    Cheren, Cheren, Cheren....Am I the only one who's finding him to be a royal pain? My lv. 54 Serperior can KO every other pokemon of his without any damage and then he brings out his Emboar, lv.45.....No matter what stratagies I try, he always KO's my poor Serperior in 2 hits with flamethrower...My lv.44 Lampent gets KO'd by assurance no matter when I bring it out...I feel like such a horrible trainer. Cheren has literally made me go broke. Curse you Cheren. *imagines throttling Cheren*

darkfighter

That random guy
    Years
    The hardest battle by far was my battle with Clay. At first, I was hoping to solo his team with my Level 34 Snivy. His Krookowhatever used Bulldoze and made my Snivy slow :(. I didn't really have enough time to use Growth or else his 1st pokemon wouldn't KOed me anyway. And then when Excadrill came, I could only land 2 hits on it before Snivy fainted. I actually had to teach my Zebstrika Rock Smash so I could get rid of the health that was left of Excadrill. Then I sent out my Duosion and KOed his Palpitoad.

Pkmn Trainer Touko

King N's Queen
    Years
    The hardest battle by far was my battle with Clay. At first, I was hoping to solo his team with my Level 34 Snivy. His Krookowhatever used Bulldoze and made my Snivy slow :(. I didn't really have enough time to use Growth or else his 1st pokemon wouldn't KOed me anyway. And then when Excadrill came, I could only land 2 hits on it before Snivy fainted. I actually had to teach my Zebstrika Rock Smash so I could get rid of the health that was left of Excadrill. Then I sent out my Duosion and KOed his Palpitoad.

Clay was the easiest for me. I one-hit KO'ed his entire GYM with my Janovy (Sorry I don't know and can't remember, nor do I care what's its English name is lol...Janovy is Snivy's second evolution...)

The hardest battle for me was definitely Aloe (The second gym). Too embarrassed to say how many times it took me to finally defeat her.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Um...not to sound rude or anything...but how exactly does ANYONE lose to at least the first three gyms?

Mind you, I overtrain my teams (I had Dewott, the fire monkey and Purrloin's evolution) roughly level 20 by the time I got to the first gym

buy Potions, use leer, growl and Sand attack, they add up over time!

Altaïr

... Has one gear: Go
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Ghetsis Dennis. His Elektross could 2KO all of my pokemon, and I ended up reviving pokemon each turn until it KOed itself with wild charge. Same with Buffalon's Afro Break attack. Oddly, I had no trouble with Hydrogen or (whatever its called)

EDIT: also with one of my White ROMs, I got stuck on the 1st gym :/

Last edited:

Pkmn Trainer Touko

King N's Queen
    Years
    Um...not to sound rude or anything...but how exactly does ANYONE lose to at least the first three gyms?

Mind you, I overtrain my teams (I had Dewott, the fire monkey and Purrloin's evolution) roughly level 20 by the time I got to the first gym

buy Potions, use leer, growl and Sand attack, they add up over time!

Because the first few gyms, you have only a few Pokemon, so there's not much coverage and you have a limited moveset...it's more challenging in the beginning. But once you get passed that the game becomes ridiculously easy.

It was only on my third playthrough that I had issues with Aloe(2nd gym) and that was because of my selection of Pokemon I think.

Back