• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your HM Slave ~

Kyle Hyde

The one who comes and goes
Years
  • The usual Geodude, but when the english version gets here, I might do otherwise and distribute the HM moves appropriately.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I usually use Gyarados as my main HM Slave for the game. It can learn nearly all of the moves and comes in great use if stuck in a situation at times. However, for my main water type Pokémon I would usually have it learn the two Water HMs, Surf and Waterfall. Also, my main Flying type would know Fly to get me from place to place quickly. Other than that, I'm not a huge player to teach random HM moves to a multitude of my other Pokémon unless need be.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I just usually teach some of my team an HM or too.
    I remember back when I was playing Yellow, I'd always teach my Charmander cut because I thought it was one of the strongest moves.

But in Diamond, Bibarel was my choice. :p

Allen K.

At least!
    Years
  • I don't like teaching HM to my main pokemons, expect Waterfall because it's the best physical-100%accurcy-water move. Fly is just average and I don't like surf.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    I only used a Farfetch'd for fly, until I got my dragonite. All the other HMs were used without slaves... other than Rock Climb, which I haven't used yet.

Years
  • I dont have Heart Gold or Soul Silver yet but looking at Serebii, my main HM slave (cool name) would be a Furret. It learn most HM's and evolves at a low level (15).

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • I don't like using HM slaves due to their ugliness. Bidoof looks really lame.
    But I hate teaching my team weak HMs like Rock smash...

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
  • I generally spread out my HM's for my in-game team and then use slaves when I want to start competative battling.

My team will go like this in game:

Typhlosion - rock smash/flamethrower, eruption, focus blast, earthquake.
    Pidgeot - Fly, return, steel wing, pursuit.
    Donphan - Earthquake, assurance, stone edge/strength , ice shard.
    Ampharos - Flash/focus blast, power gem, signal beam, thunderbolt.
    Scizor - Cut, bullet punch, brick break, x scissor.
    Blastoise - Surf, waterfal/earthquake, whirlpool/hidden power, ice beam.

:)

Rai-chan

DINOSAURSMASH!!
    Years
  • My HM slaves are my
    Dragonite:
    fly
    surf
    defog
    Gyarados:
    Waterfall
    Surf
    Torterra:
    Rock Smash
    Cut
    Rock Climb

I don't remember who I taught Strength

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Omg i made a thread just like this and it got moved... this needs to be closed....
    This thread pertains more to HeartGold and SoulSilver. I remember the last thread you made, and yes it related to HM Slaves, it was more open to all generations, while this keeps with HM Slaves one would use in HGSS alone.

Regardless, other than Gyarados for my HM Slave, Sentret/Furret in the game would be my first option as I will be able to capture it earlier on.

Back