• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your HM Slave ~

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hmm.. in Ruby I always used Linoone as an HM slave, and in Platinum I'm pretty sure I used my HMs evenly, didn't dump them on a slave. xD;

In Heart Gold, my HM slave is Furret.

slaughter077

Thread is Getting Way Bigger!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2014
    i don't like using slaves.... except for flash and defog... are those in HGSS?

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • For me, I use Furret, Linoone, or Bibarel, depending on the game. (In the first generation, I didn't bother with HM slaves.)

I think it's easy to use one of those three because they are available early in the game. (First route!)

They all learn Cut, Rock Smash, Surf, and Strength, which are handy to have on one Pokemon... For Bibarel, I sometimes substitute one of those moves for Waterfall or Rock Climb, depending on my party's capabilities...

Years
  • I caught a level 20 Magikarp and used a Rare Candy on it nearby Cianwood (talk about laziness).

It was my HM slave for Surf, Waterfall, and Whirlpool. Later I traded with someone with DPPt and got a Bibarel to learn Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, and Rock Climb

Flash I have a pikachu from Viridian Forest, and Headbutt I have a Magby which I also use for hatching.

For a time I also used my Steelix, but I have changed that to have a better moveset (somewhat, it's far from done) It originally used Rock Smash, Strength, and Rock Climb...it still has Rock Smash and Rock Climb (for getting up Mt. Silver and facing Red).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Please don't bump threads over a month old... I'll leave this open though, but be careful with posting in older threads.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I use a Graveler, Pigeot, and Roserade. I'll probably replace Roserade for Furret or something for HG/SS.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    Hey guys ... i got through the whole Johto region (i just smashed Lance) with only my starter ... totodile :]

I wanted to ask you if you have ever done such a thing ... did you enjoy the adventure? If you did give your thoughts here :]
    And remember to tell the name of the pokemon you used :P

PS: Of course i had some pokemons for HM moves ... but i never used them unless there was a double battle xD

Back