• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your most embarrassing Pokemon nicknames

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
Here's mine:
Diamond
Bibarel:Toolkit
Weezing:Druglord
Infernape:HotBabe
Luxray:Grounded
Staraptor:Badass

Emerald

Sceptile: Scepticile
Altaria:Cottonbuds
Rayquaza:Draco
Metagross:X-steel
Ludicolo:Mexican
Latios:Jetpack

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
When I was younger, I gave my Pokemon the generic God names. Zeus, Athena, etc., and I actually had a Pikachu named Sparky.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
Besides my wonder trade trolling nicknames like Batman, moldy salad, wrench face, and kitchens...

I really don't nickname my pokemon unless I'm trading them or I'm just bored out of my mind. I'm really getting into it with wonder trade though!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 2, 2022
Oh boy, I would love to tell you the stupid nicknames I gave my Pokémon... Unfortunately most of those are really vulgar and offensive.
I don't think I can/should post these here.

I can tell you about this though: Since Gastly is a gas Pokémon I once called him "Sven's Fart" (Sven being a buddy of mine).

-- Matt

IlluminateRipple

Reader of Books. And other things
Years
Ledyba
Oh Lord Helix, I hate myself for deciding to nicknaming this thing. That ledyba was one I caught on Route 1 in Pokemon Moon. For some reason I wanted to face Hau again at the festival with a full team Litten and five other bugs. I wasn't sure what to name Pokemon, so for some reason I named it... wait for it: LADYBUD.
What was I thinking!? By my luck, It was probably a Male too...

Litten
I think everyone's done this at some point, but I named my starter so creatively. Litty. Litty. Well guess what?
30 Levels Later...
My Incineroar is still Litty. Incineroar, the Wrestler Pokemon. Incineroar, the Pokemon whose Z-Move is tackling the foe and overwhelming it with it's 80Kg. Incineroar, whose Moon's DexEntry mentions it spewing fire from its navel.

Runners Up: Paras, Gumshoos, and Bagon
I talk to myself quietly while doing everything. So when I was PokeDex-Filling, I was against a Paras. "Okay, a Paras. Paras learns Spore so I can use that to put things to sleep"
I caught that Paras and named it 'Paris'. Like the city.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gumshoos. The thing about it being Donald Trump and wanting to 'Make Alola Great Again' was still going around, so I threw a Pokeball at it and Nicknamed it Wall. Yes, Wall. And I have a specific memory about it being female.
Kala'e Bay, the place where you can catch Bagons with ease. Because Bagon evolves into Salamence, I named the Bagon 'Salmonce' The fish Salmon. 'Cause I like eating Salmon.​

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I was giving all my rare/special Pokémon their Japanese names on my Diamond save years ago. My main team and all the legendaries already had them, and I was going through my boxes for some rare Pokémon. I read somewhere that Carnivine is super rare to get so I wanted to rename that one, too, however I didn't know its name. I gave it the stand-in name "(JpName?)" while I would look it up, but I never did. Seeing the name now always reminds me of that. ._.

(All the names have been returned to the regular English ones)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
I named my Rotom-Mow "GrASSmunch"... Geddit... 'Cause it's a lawnmower... And yes, I did capitilize the "ass" so anyone who saw it got the joke.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
all my pokemon names are embarrassing bc i put no more than half a second of thought into each one and pretty much just pick the first combination of letters that appears in my head

Back