• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Your Most Favorite and Memorable Cities/Towns in R/B/Y and G/S/C?

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
Years
  • What is your most favorite and most memorable cities or towns in Pokemon R/B/Y and/or G/S/C?

Mine would be Lavender Town because of the creepy music it had back then. It was ruined in G/S/C but it became quite peaceful for a change.. :)

Ostrich

Derpatoligist
    Years
  • Favorite in R/B/Y would have to be Celadon because it was so happy and upbeat compared to neighboring Saffron. It also had cycling road, the mall, and game corner. :D

I really like all of the cities in Johto. When I was a kid I remember being surprised about how cool each town was, and how much more there was to do than in R/B/Y.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    There are many places in Pokemon I remember for amazing music... I remember Vermillion in Yellow and I got such an overwhelming "happy" feeling, but then I felt quite sad after the S.S. Anne had left there. I loved the red colour, too.

Taking the top spot in terms of a memorable overall area without a doubt is Lavender town. I don't know if you guys ever read creepypasta, but the stories I've heard about the original music, plus making the association of sadness with the likes of the Marowak dying, and the ghosts going "get out... get out..." when I was 7 (and thus of course hadn't got the silph scope) led to me being pretty scared of the place as a kid. Even now - reading the creepypasta rumours - I get a bit unnerved.

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
  • ^ True, I don't think any other town or city could ever reach the level of infamy that Lavender has.
    I remember I used to leave my gameboy on in Lavender to listen to the music though, it was never scary, just awesome :P

Years
  • In R/B/Y it's definitely Cinnabar Island :) Also liked Fuschia City :)

In G/S/C it's definitely Cherrygrove City :) Also love Mahogany Town :)

I'm going to name Celadon City and Cianwood City as runners up lol :)

Also possibly Azalea should be on the list... right I'll stop there lol.

Years
  • My favorite from R/B/Y is Lavender Town because of the amazing music.
    My favorite from G/S/C ii probably Blackthorn because dragons are awesome.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    I always liked Olivine City. I suppose it represented a midpoint to me or something. I don't know I just felt good to get there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    From R/B/Y, I liked all of them, but I'd have to say Celadon City. I felt I was limited on where I could go in Kanto until I reached Celadon. That's the place that made the world feel open for me.

From G/S/C, I'd have to say Ecruteak City. The music, the atmosphere, the legends behind the city's towers? If you weren't convinced before, this is when you know that you're playing a whole new flavor of Pokemon.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • In Red, my most memorable stops would be
    -Lavender Town. I read and did a bunch of research on some thing called 'Lavender Town syndrome.' Plus, I had a friend who was completely scared of the song. Nowadays, I don't believe in the rumor, but I still love the music!

-Cinnabar Island. Missingno. When you are young, and you see a bunch of fake cheats and believe in them
    (Get Darkrai in Super Smash Bros. Brawl by doing a match with 99 lives[which I did, like eighty times]) you build up a tolerance. So seeing that to get this weird thing you have to:
    a. First, talk to the man who teaches you how to catch pokemon
    b. Fly to Cinnabar. Then start surfing on the edge.
    c. It must be on the edge! You'll meet pokemon over level 100!
    It can seem fake. Then it worked. And I flipped out.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • RBY = I always liked Fuschia and Cinnabar, the Safari Zone made Fuschia cool and Cinnabar is an island, so. lol.

GSC = Ecruteak, for sure. The Brass and Bell Towers just make it awesome.

Years
  • I too enjoyed GoldenRod and Celadon city because they were central cities, there was the slots in both of them and in G/S/C the daycare was below and the national park was north. There were so many things to do

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    R/B/Y: Lavender Town, for reasons mentioned above.
    G/S/C: Goldenrod, because I spent most of my time there and I liked it alot. Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Thunder Punch in the mart :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    Most memorable town in R/B/Y was Lavender town, I could just feel the lingering spirits there. The music really got to me.
    G/S/C, Cinnabar island - the island in ruins really devastated me as a kid.

Years
  • In R/B/Y, I would say Pallet Town, just so nostalgic. Its the place where it all began!

In G/S/C, I would say Goldenrod. I love how big it is, a lot to do, day care nearby, and a train to kanto!

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • R/B/G

Vermillion City - The music, and being near the sea, this place is amazing. Also the first step into Kanto when playing the second generation games.

G/S/C

Johto: Ecruteak City - I love all of the history associated with this place. Also the home of my favourite Pokémon, Suicune.

Kanto: Cinnabar Island - The small, peaceful island destroyed... it really is sad.

rITual

We're only animals.
    Years
  • Favorite in R/B/Y would have to be Celadon because it was so happy and upbeat compared to neighboring Saffron. It also had cycling road, the mall, and game corner. :D

I really like all of the cities in Johto. When I was a kid I remember being surprised about how cool each town was, and how much more there was to do than in R/B/Y.
    I agree with this.

Celadon was a great city in terms of it's features. The music was pretty great, too. I liked Lavender town for the music also.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Lavender Town was certainly the most memorable. I'd be hard pressed to find any Pokemon fan who couldn't identify the music from it. Not to mention just the overall mood of the place.

I also remember Cerulean City, mainly because of Bill and his Pokemon moment.

Years
  • Lavender Town was certainly the most memorable. I'd be hard pressed to find any Pokemon fan who couldn't identify the music from it. Not to mention just the overall mood of the place.

Yes exactly Lavender Town was the city that made you freak out cause of the spooky music but also love it cause hearing to the spooky music while playing was making us like it.. o.O
    There were also and still are the rumors for this city's music...So yes it was something you can't simply forget...
    "One does not simply....forget Lavender's background music" :p

Back