• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Your most favorite and most memorable towns/cities in R/B/Y and G/S/C...

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
    What is your most favorite and most memorable cities or towns in Pokemon R/B/Y and/or G/S/C...?

Mine would be Lavender Town, 'cuz it's the most quite and most haunted town I have known...

Jolty-kun

Years
    In the first generation, my favourite cities would have to be Fuschia town, Celadon City, and Curilean City.
    I like Fuschia because of the huge city and the Safari.
    Celadon because of the slotz! XD
    And curilean mainly because of the calmed just relaxed gym, and Mewtwo nextdoor. o_O
    I never played GSC much, so I can't really tell you. :x

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2007
    In RBY, I just loved Pallet Town! Why? It's so peaceful and beautiful! And besides, that's the home of the Pokemon League champion, Red! I also just love Viridian City, as it is such a cool and trendy city, and it's close to the Viridian Forest, where I can catch one of my most favorite Pokemon: Pikachu! I don't like Lavender Town much, because it sure is too quiet and spooky. I also kind of love Cinnabar Island, as I love it near the sea!!!

In GSC, my favorite town would be Goldenrod City, because of the Radio Tower, the gym (Yippeeee! I can meet Whitney!), the National Park (but I hate the bug-catching contests, I never seem to win nowadays!) and the fact that is the only huge metropolis city in Johto!

Sanky

Christos's #1 Fan
    Years
    I hated Cinibar Island when I was young :P It gived me bad dreams! (still dont know? MissingNo.) I dont have favorite city in RBY, but in GSC, I loved allmost any city :P I dont know wich best.

Arlynn

Fourteen
    Years
    I don't have a RBY favorite, but in GSC my favorite was Ecrutek. It had Burned Tower, Sacred Tower, the Kimono Girls and Morty. =3

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Mine would be

Ecruteak

Saffron (Because it had that crisis where you needed to defeat team rocket in Sliph Corp.)

Pallet (Shades of your journey await)

Cerulean (Mewtwo and Misty)

Viridian (Indigo plateo and the last gym)

Lavender (Ghost pokemon)

Celadon (Shopping and gyms)

Goldenrod (Feraligatr evolving)

Mt Silver (Red the final boss)

Frozen_Itachi

The Underworld ******
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2008
    Here are the following places I like most:

Celedon City (where I play the slot machines when I get bored...)
    Pallet Town (the most quite place and peaceful place..)
    Goldenrod City (the place where my togepi hatch..)
    Saffron City (I like big cities..)
    Tin Tower (where I catch my favorites Suicune and Ho-oh...)

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Out of the GB generation games, may fave cities are Celadon and Goldenrod. Mainly because they're the biggest cities in GSC, and I also like visiting the Celedon Mansion.

"Meowth even brings money home." how useful to have a Pokemon like that.

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
    When I first got Blue version, my favorite city was Viridian. Why? I couldn't get out of it. I thought the old man was a freaky Pokemon, and I had to defeat it. XD

In G/S/C, I never had a favorite. Nothing special happened in any of the new cities, or even the new versions of the old cities.

Years
    Hmm I would most likly say, in R/B/Y the town that stuck out the most, would have to be Saffron. Once you gained access to it you could go to 4 seperate towns.

In G/S/C I would have to say Cherrygrove, I thought it was such a pointless, useless town. More like a Route with houses on it to me. All the towns in G/S/C though other than Cherrygrove, I liked. There was soo much in the others you could do.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    RBY: Defenitly Fuchsia City

GSC: Mahogany Town

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    In R/B/Y, my favorite town was Pewter City; I remember when I had first started, and my Charmander had started to evolve, and I thought my game was broken, so I turned it off, and left it alone for about 2 weeks before I realiized that was supposed to happen.

In G/S/C, my favorite town was Goldenrod, mainly because of the "bug catching contest."

Years
    R/B/Y

Was Virdian City! Because it sort of set you on your way toward your Pokemon Adventures like in Virdian Forest Caterpie! Pikachu! ( in Red and Blue for Pikachu) and I also liked Saffron City because of Sabrina! You gotta love her!Wish I could have remade the anime version the saffron gym battle Haunter vs Krabra! But was Pikachu vs Alakhazam ^-^.

G/S/C

I liked New Bark Town simply because i's the town where the winds of new beginnings blow and because Phanpy is close on route 46 in Crystal early phanpy for me^^. I also liked Olvine City because its near the sea and term " Yo Ho" Blow the Man Down" salior town and the beautiful Jasmine :P

Years
    I just love Cinnabar Island. I always found it had a mysterous aura around it, with that abandoned mansion and Missingno in RBY. It wasn't really until GSC that I started to find Blaine one of the coolest Gym Leaders, even though he was in Seafoam in GSC. My love for Fire Pokémon played a part there.

I found the Johto map way less attractive, I think I find Olivine City the least worst of those. Also, Jasmine is way too cute to be a Gym Leader. :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2007
    fuchsia city was the best because of the safari zone. the first time i played i was so excited about catching pokemon there.

Back