• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your most funniest/scariest/sadest moment in pokemon daimond/pearl or platinum

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Mine was , maybe when pokemon daimond was released, and i borrowed my friend's DS and i simply ran into the wild. THen, suddenly a shiny ponyta appeared, i lowered its HP, paralised it, only to discover the there was not even a single pokeball in the bag.....

Amaranthine

Steeled Veteran
    Years
    My funniest/happiest I was just about lose to the E4 and I was raising a Magikarp which I'd caught somewhere. It was level fifty, faster than The champions Gastrodon, who was thankfully down to about a sixth of its health, and My Magikarp had 1 hp left. Flail. 'nuff said.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    My scariest moment was when I was about to battle the elite 4 for the first time. All my other pokemon died except my Empoleon. Lucian killed them. Gladly, I was able to beat Cynthia with my Empoleon ;3 But I finished my 25 Max Restores.......

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
    On my Pearl, I was soft resetting for a shiny Palkia, one finally showed up! I was so excited! I started whittling down it's hp, but one attack got critical and KOed it...

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    My funniest: Throwing Pokeballs to run out Cynthia's Milotic's PP.

Happiest: My first successful chain, getting a shiny Buizel.

Scariest: Thinking I got stuck in turnback cave.. Yeah..

Saddest: I have two, actually..
    1. Seeing a shiny grass patch while chaining Snover, but a wild pokemon appeared before I got there.

2. Migrating all of my Pokemon from my GBA game. I should've cloned them, but NO...

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    My happiest/funniest moment was battling Giratina for what seemed like forever, and running out of everything but Pokeballs. When I actually caught him with a Pokeball, it was crazy.

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    My scariest moment was when I was fighting Cynthia after the elite 4. It was a really intense and fun battle. By the time it was over I was out of revives and potions, I had one pokemon left. My Empoleon. He had less than 20 hp. It was a really close fight. Every one of my pokemon played a vital role in that fight.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Funniest Moment: Getting Fly and Roar of Time out of Metronome with Snorlax.

Happiest Moment: Beating Cynthia's Garchomp with Abomasnow's Sheer Cold.(Incredibly lucky and I'm never trying that again.)

Saddest Moment: When my friend messed around with my game and erased my file with all the pokemon.

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Funniest Moment: Getting Fly and Roar of Time out of Metronome with Snorlax.

Happiest Moment: Beating Cynthia's Garchomp with Abomasnow's Sheer Cold.(Incredibly lucky and I'm never trying that again.)

Saddest Moment: When my friend messed around with my game and erased my file with all the pokemon.
    I saw my friend's low level Clefairy use roar of time. That was hillarious!

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
    My funniest pokemon moment was when I battled Cynthia with 5 level 57 pokemon and after she defeated 5 of my pokemon, I used my level 39 Tentacruel and won somehow.

Spoinky

Laziness is My Name
    Years
    Happiest moment is when my Lvl 16 Bibarel (aka HM Slave) used a surf and actually beat Cynthia's Garchomp, crowning me as champion. I was lucky since Garchomp was paralyzed.

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
    Funniest: On Diamond, I was battling Lucian, and my Torterra ran out of PP, and I ended up defeating his last Pokemon using only Struggle.

Saddest: My Gardevoir evolving into Gallade... I really wished I hadn't made it evolve, I miss my Gardevoir, it was my main Pokemon in Sapphire.

Scariest: Catching Dialga with my last ultraball... it seriously made me so nervous, becuase I forgot to save before I battled it.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Saddest: My Gardevoir evolving into Gallade... I really wished I hadn't made it evolve, I miss my Gardevoir, it was my main Pokemon in Sapphire.

You mean Kirlia right?
    I remember when I catched Latias with a Timer Ball in Sapphire.
    I know it is not D/P/Pt but it was so... omfg...

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    My scariest moment was when I thought I was going to lose to Cynthia--I had to keep switching and reviving my pokemon, and I was rapidly running out of Revives. It quickly turned into my happiest moment when I finally beat her Garchomp using a rather underleved Roserade (good ol' Grass Knot). I had to depend on Garchomp's moves missing just to paralyze her.

My second scariest moment would be being in the Old Chateau. Haunted houses were never really my thing, then I realized that the Old Chateau looked like Mr. Backlot's mansion. And that both mansions had one statue each. And that the painting in one of the rooms looked like a demonic R.O.B. And that there was a television that's inhabited by the electric menace known as Rotom. Needless to say I didn't sleep comfortably.

woooooohooooooooooooo

Hardcore trainer? i think so
    Years
    My saddest moment was I had restarted my diamond and when picking out my starter my ds was about die... Turns out I checked out I was checking my turtwig and he was shiny! About tonsave and my ds died :(

Years
    Scariest: Almost losing to my 6 year old cousin in a link battle my Gliscor vs his Gyarados with no Thunder Fang. Lucky enough I was faster.
    Seeing dead ppl in the house in the forest.

Sadest: Watching my Lea (Leafeon girl) die during training or not having a magmar in my old pearl game.

happiest: I traded Piplup and Elekid to Platinum and got Gliscor and Gallade on my team.

Kevo182

Hero of Hyrule
    Years
    Waiting so long to finally encounter a shiny dialga then accidentally turning my DS off
    i was so pissed

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    Funniest- I fought a hacker who had all eeveelutions with Uber pwnage stats and for some reason i used this Gyarados that I raised on a fire red run, I think i needed a 6th for pal park to work so I picked him, After that fight, I realized he was THE best pokemon I have 0.0. I beat two of heis pokemon lol. He crapped bricks.

Scariest- When I was EV training a Frosslass in Old Chateau, I had this feeling like, I'm gunna see a shiny. Well, next pokemon was a shiny Gastly. All my pokemon were waaaay higher than it. It almost died, but I got it.

Sadest- When Cynthia's Togekiss absolutely smoked me in Platinum!

Years
    The Most Monumental Moment In Platinum...
    I was catching the Rotom in the Old Chateu.I had wittled down it's health and it had confusion on it...I thought I had it in the bag but it killed my only pokemon with a sleep inducing move and my others pokes.
    All I had...was my level 5 HM slave Bidoof o_o
    I tried my best to catch Rotom before it knocked itself out in confusion....All i had was 1 pokeball left...
    And Rotom was at 1 hp..

[[This is where the miracle happens]]

It snapped out of confusion and I caught it!
    With my last pokeball!
    How about that XDD?

Last edited:
    Back