• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Most Proud Catch Ever!!!

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
Years
  • My most proud catch: My old Sapphire game, Shoal Cave, my target: Spheal. It being a Water-type, I used the Net Ball, and hey presto it worked. Just having my Spheal come out of a Net Ball was all poetry im motion to me.

P.S WOOTNESS!!! My 500th post, go me!

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    I also remember i catch 4 luvdisk <nothing special> at a time, but three of them hold heart scale!!! and also when i search aron and lairon for pokedex i get 2 hard stone from them

Black Gligar

Muhaha...
    Years
  • Probobly Rayquaza with a premier ball, no status condition, and in yellow health. And my friend caught Kyogre with a pokeball!

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    i think mines gotta be the shiny oddish cuz i only had charizard it was hard not making it not faint xD, charizard lv 64 oddish lv 30

Blitzkrieg

Pokemon Devotee
    Years
  • My Aron, Blitzkrieg, she's my namesake, I cought her at granite cave when she was level 10, since then she's evolved into Lairon but she'll soon be an Aggron.
    She my best pokemon next to my Swampert. XD

? Bleep ?

Drunken Latios
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 21, 2005
    panghan7 said:
    well,wats the most proud catch that u gusy ever done?i caught a full health raquaza with his stat is normal(mean no sleep,posion etc) with 7 timer ball......btw the time when i was throwing my 7th timer ball,raquaza was about to use fly attack.....(meaning if raquaza broke free from my timer ball,it wil come down n attack my pokemon,so its kind of throwing at an empty image :D ) wats urs most proud catch ever?

mmm... groudon with a pokeball... and registeel in general.

Kijin

The Devil You Know.
    Years
  • Shining Slugma w/ an Ultra Ball w/o attacking it. It's the 3rd shiny I've encountered in the entire 3rd generation.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • Proudest catch? Hmm.. I don?t know... Oh I remember now. Maybe it was in Colosseum when I was about to lose to Ein and I thought: "I gotta catch this Raikou now" I put it in sleep and threw a pokeball. To my surpirise, it was caught. That game was strabge because I basically cathed everything only by puting it in sleep and throwing a pokeball. I have restarted it now...Sigh

And the other one is maybe when I tried to see had I forgot some items in that Cinnabar Mansion. I encountered my first shiny since Crystal, threw a ball (can?t remember what ball it was) and caught that Raticate. I like it?s red color, but I can?t use it because it?s nature is Modest. Modest Raticate XD

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • My proudest catch? well probably a lv. 5 magikarp in my FireRed, yes yes hold your applause, but it was a great feat, my scyther ready to pounce, she false swiped him and i caught it, now you can clap XD

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Latias with a pok?ball--I had been hunting it for weeks after somehow managing to get it down to 1/3 HP on my first encounter with it. I found myself only having pok?balls, and so I went with what I had and succeeded!

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jan 21, 2009
    GoldenHouou said:
    And the other one is maybe when I tried to see had I forgot some items in that Cinnabar Mansion. I encountered my first shiny since Crystal, threw a ball (can?t remember what ball it was) and caught that Raticate. I like it?s red color, but I can?t use it because it?s nature is Modest. Modest Raticate XD

I know the feeling, my shiny Golbat has Hasty nature. Couldn't be worse ;D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    I cuaght a Groudon with my 2nd great ball in Ruby and in Sapphire i cuaght a Kyogere with my 1st pokeball. And i cuaght a shiny Tanguls in Crystal.

neopolis3

Wee, Unown!
    Years
  • Catching Groudon with a Ultra Ball at almost full HP
    Catching a Shiny Makuhita with whirlwind
    Catching a Shiny Poochyena with roar

Wait, another thing, not really a impressive catch, but a impressive find. I'm like 'I'm gonna look for Latios!'. So I go to the route to the left of Mauville, planning to look around in the grass, enter the daycare, and go back. So I put 2 stpes in the grass, and "Wild LATIOS appeared!" Talk about luck...

Last edited:

purple_drake

~Elite obsessed~
    Years
  • Mine would prolly be catching Rayquaza with the timer ball... apparently that's happened a lot, though :P *points to posts above*
    My other would be the one and only shiny I've ever caught; a graveller, in Crystal.

Back