• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Most Unexpected Pokemon Power House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Leafeon. At first, I thought he was useless. But after I earned him some more levels, he was relyable.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Hmm..
    I'd have to say,
    Right now my Butterfree,
    Yet I Don't use it at the moment because I am training many of my other pokemon right now to make a Dualing Team with friends.
    It still has to be one of my favorites with its Psychic Moves, Flying moves.
    Yeah, Lots of things can kill it.
    But i don't care about that. With it's speed i ussually go first and kill them first :D

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I haven't played any games for a while, but if I can recall my Sableye was pretty good (:

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
    Years
  • This is actually a terrible idea because Regirock, Registeel, Metagross, and Magnezone are all weak to Ground-type attacks and none of them have particularly high Special Defense. Since Zap Cannon is Electric-based, it is very easy to counter this strategy with a Ground-type which is unaffected. Of the six, only two have really good coverage against Ground-type, but they fall against Rock-type attacks, which most Ground-types learn anyway.

To make matters worse, Registeel, Regice, Metagross, Magnezone, and Articuno are all weak to Fire-type attacks -- Heatran with Flamethrower and Earth Power could sweep this team without trouble.

Then, using Zap Cannon on Regirock, Registeel, or Metagross is a waste because they have much higher physical attack stats and they learn A LOT of really good moves that you shouldn't waste on both Lock-on and Zap Cannon. Regice is better off using Ice Beam and Thunderbolt. Magnezone is better off using Thunderbolt too.

That being said, Sheer Cold is banned in competitive gameplay too.

Magnezone & Metagross Can Eliminate Their Ground Weaknesses With Magnet Rise.

Magnezone Used Magnet Rise!
    Metagross Used Earthquake!

Give Metagross Earthquake & Hammer Arm

Sheer Cold-Get A Trade Articuno And Watch The E4 Fall Before You.Bring Ethers.

Regis-Regirock Has A Powerful Stone Edge To Deal Damage.Regice Has Ice Beam.Registeel Has Iron Head.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Sceptile, no one sees it comming. Its leafblade is unstopable.

i see it, i always use leafblade of sceptile, not to mention dragon claw = instant OWNAGE

Politoed. I knew it could be strong, but mine was Jolly.

However, this works to my advantage, but giving Bounce a little bit of power to go with the parahaxxing.

My beloved froggy, Politaro, now runs:

-Hypnosis (when I can't think what will hit it best, I use this to stop it hitting me.
    -Whirlpool (HM, and it traps people, causing them damage, while Perish Song counts down to death, Hypnosis stops the resistance, and I switch to my Dragon Dance Dragonite)
    -Perish Song (once they're trapped, unable to move, and slowly dying all at the same time, I make sure they definitely don't live.)
    -Bounce (Avoids, Paralyses, Damages. What else do I want?)

I used to run Surf/Hyper Voice/Hypnosis/Bounce for more power, but Politaro's much better at the pseudo-hazing. Worked a dream on Lt. Surge when I'd forgot Marowak was in daycare and I was trapped in Kanto.

thats way too cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Heres my latest unexpected powerhouse everyone:

on my horribly wonky ROM of soulsilver (ya know,still dont have the money for a hard copy)
    i caught this cute lil lv2 Zubat in Dark Cave before the first gym, it was COMPLETELY useless but for some odd reason i kept it in my party, and raised it til it hit 13, then it became useful as a staller, but then i got to the 4th Gym and evolved it to a Golbat (btw his name is Vampyr) and on my 2nd try he owned all Mortys pokemon back to back and took only 1hit.
    i was like O.o" you sure your MY vampyr? lol
    (btw he was at lv22 when he did it, and at the end of the battle he was lv24)

Last edited:

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • i remember when i played platinum for the first time....i caught shinx pretty early..*what an adorable pokemon*it wasn't useful that early in the game...anyways i kept it in my party ....slowly it evolved into luxio...still ain't that special....OMG !!!..Luxray ! the greatest pokemon design ever.....it was a beast...actually he was the reason that made electric my favourite type...i just love him....

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i remember when i played platinum for the first time....i caught shinx pretty early..*what an adorable pokemon*it wasn't useful that early in the game...anyways i kept it in my party ....slowly it evolved into luxio...still ain't that special....OMG !!!..Luxray ! the greatest pokemon design ever.....it was a beast...actually he was the reason that made electric my favourite type...i just love him....

awesome XD
    when i first got diamond i used a luxray, but now i dont oddly :/
    :4:

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
  • Charizard and Venusaur. I never thought they'd be so good for competitive battling. Venusaur ended up sweeping most of my enemies a lot of the time. When I used BellyZard I was even more surprised when I was able to OHKO a Gyarados with fire punch. Though I suppose nothing less would be expected from the STAB, Maximized Atk stat, and 50% boost from Blaze. Nevertheless, I was still surprised.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Magnezone & Metagross Can Eliminate Their Ground Weaknesses With Magnet Rise.

Magnezone Used Magnet Rise!
    Metagross Used Earthquake!

Give Metagross Earthquake & Hammer Arm

Sheer Cold-Get A Trade Articuno And Watch The E4 Fall Before You.Bring Ethers.

Regis-Regirock Has A Powerful Stone Edge To Deal Damage.Regice Has Ice Beam.Registeel Has Iron Head.

My argument wasn't that the Pokemon themselves were bad. Magnet Rise is a very viable move choice, but Lock-On and Zap Cannon is not. Think about it this way: if you use Lock-On and then Zap Cannon, you use two turns and attack with one 100 Power attack, but if you use Thunderbolt twice (in two turns), you do 190 Power attack... Almost twice as strong. Even Spark, doing 130 in two turns will do more.

Also, you said to give Metagross Magnet Rise... Well you can't really do that if you give it Earthquake, Hammer Arm, Lock-On, AND Zap Cannon. Metagross shouldn't even be USING Zap Cannon, since its ATK is so much higher than its SPC. That being said, Metagross without Meteor Mash / Bullet Punch is foolish.

Once again, Sheer Cold is banned in competitive gameplay... And you can beat the E4 with anything, without using items, if you have strong enough Pokemon. You don't need to rely on iffy two-turn tactics.

Good lord, if you're going to give the Regis those attacks, there isn't a point in Zap Cannon at all. You should be more worried about how Heatran can wipe out your entire team by itself.

Prison Mike

I'm here to scare you straight
    Years
  • Gen 3: Breloom. I caught it as a shroomish on sappire and started with mudkip. It evolved well before Norman so it really helped beat his last slaking. Then when it learned sky uppercut and when I taught it giga drain it was unbeatable. Then in emerald my glalie DOMINATED! I expected it to be kinda weak but it got pokerus and it's stats were AWESOME. It easily took out most of pheobe and drake's team and beat steven's claydol in 1 hit. It also beat lucy's seviper in 2 hits.

Gen 4: I had a couple in Gen 4. First was toxicroak. That thing was powerful! It easily beat most of Byron's team and a big help with Lucian with it's sucker punch. It also managed to single-handedley beat all of Darach's team. 2nd was honchkrow. It and toxicroak beat lucian's team. It also won me many many wi-fi battles. 3rd was togekiss. I just evolved it recently so it hasn't made any big achievements yet but it's really powerful! It's never fainted.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Gen 3: Breloom. I caught it as a shroomish on sappire and started with mudkip. It evolved well before Norman so it really helped beat his last slaking. Then when it learned sky uppercut and when I taught it giga drain it was unbeatable. Then in emerald my glalie DOMINATED! I expected it to be kinda weak but it got pokerus and it's stats were AWESOME. It easily took out most of pheobe and drake's team and beat steven's claydol in 1 hit. It also beat lucy's seviper in 2 hits.

Gen 4: I had a couple in Gen 4. First was toxicroak. That thing was powerful! It easily beat most of Byron's team and a big help with Lucian with it's sucker punch. It also managed to single-handedley beat all of Darach's team. 2nd was honchkrow. It and toxicroak beat lucian's team. It also won me many many wi-fi battles. 3rd was togekiss. I just evolved it recently so it hasn't made any big achievements yet but it's really powerful! It's never fainted.

Hell yea, man. Breloom is still a beastly figure. If your team doesn't have a member to disable it, then it can easily take out 6 foes. In Gen 4, Breloom regenerates 12.5% of its HP each turn when it is Poisoned. Give him a Toxic Orb and that makes him immune to status and gives him regenerative properties that dwarf Leftovers. Combine that with Leech Seed and you're talking about 20-40% per turn. With Substitute, Breloom is nigh unstoppable, recovering from any attack, only to throw 225 Power Focus Punches back. That, PLUS Breloom's signature Spore move that makes any foe fall asleep 100% of the time, makes him a true powerhouse.

Prison Mike

I'm here to scare you straight
    Years
  • Hell yea, man. Breloom is still a beastly figure. If your team doesn't have a member to disable it, then it can easily take out 6 foes. In Gen 4, Breloom regenerates 12.5% of its HP each turn when it is Poisoned. Give him a Toxic Orb and that makes him immune to status and gives him regenerative properties that dwarf Leftovers. Combine that with Leech Seed and you're talking about 20-40% per turn. With Substitute, Breloom is nigh unstoppable, recovering from any attack, only to throw 225 Power Focus Punches back. That, PLUS Breloom's signature Spore move that makes any foe fall asleep 100% of the time, makes him a true powerhouse.

Mine is still on emerald and it knows Mach punch Sky uppercut Giga drain and I think spire. It's only fainted once since it evolved.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Mine was probably the Walrein I had a few years back on Sapphire. I didn't expect that I'd really use it. Heck I didn't even know when Sealeo evolved into Walrein. He was poweful beyond belief and I crushed friends with him too.

A close runner-up would be the Crobat I had. I just raised it from a zubat to golbat so I could fill my pokedex. Then golbat evolved and I just continued raising it after that.

Years
  • For me it was Bidoof, level five. I had given him lots of proteins and such, so he was pretty powerful, and then, be beat a level ten onyx with several shots... probably hard to believe, but it's true. ^_^

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • For me, it was my Pelliper that I got in Emerald. I first started using it as a Wingull for Roxanne, then Brawly. It eventually became my most used Pokemon. I then traded it over to FR, and I don't know if I accidentally deleted it or put it on my Pearl. =/

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    For me it was Bidoof, level five. I had given him lots of proteins and such, so he was pretty powerful, and then, be beat a level ten onyx with several shots... probably hard to believe, but it's true. ^_^

O_O just plain badass O_O

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Right, well, I have this Furret, you know? And this Furret, this totally awesome hunk of death, right? When in my friend's Trainer house, the computer did this. The first turn, he used U-Turn, and ran away for most of the battle. Then, really late on, he was the last pokemon alive. My friend's Snorlax just KO'd something with Giga Impact, and out comes this awesome Furret of mine.
    And while this Snorlax is recharging, Furret uses Me First, and spawns a STAB Me-Firsted DEATH GIGA IMPACT. A STAB, ME-FIRSTED, DEATH. GIGA. IMPACT.

That Snorlax died in one hit.

But no, that's not all. Next, he brings out a Dragonite. Dragonite uses something, and fails to damage this awesome Furret enough for a kill. Then, Furret uses Me-First AGAIN, and ONE-HIT KO'S A DRAGONITE WITH DRACO METEOR!

Also, its name is Howie. Howie is the most bad-ass Furret who ever lived. And he did this as an AI.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Mamoswine i was really socked at this guy i always did like piloswine but when it evolved i was like ohh fun new pokemon but when i used it i found out it was quite good it has quite high speed and high attack which is good

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back